Author Topic: The Damned DFC  (Read 26270 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: The Damned DFC
« Reply #270 on: January 19, 2015, 05:51:33 PM »
Because he was dumb enough to up a plane and park it in the hangar when he spies. After being called on it he switched to using a gun position. That's funny cover story though with the " squad being tied to one person". Quite the web he weaves.

Yeah. I really didn't get that, either. Must be an FA thing.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #271 on: January 19, 2015, 06:08:17 PM »
Because he was dumb enough to up a plane and park it in the hangar when he spies. After being called on it he switched to using a gun position. That's funny cover story though with the " squad being tied to one person". Quite the web he weaves.

Actually you could confirm what I stated by simply looking who the CO of The Damned is (oh, wow, it's actually "Damned"). We created the account so that if I or whoever was the CO changed game ID's, the squadron would remain intact. It's also a bonus that our squadron invites ingame say "Damned has requested you join their squadron."

Now, that being said, please feel free to speculate additional reasons - we've not hidden the fact that the account was ours or that it was a shade (which it actually isn't, since we've been open about it). It was never intended to be a shade, seeing as it's named "Damned" and it's in our squadron. Pretty obvious, actually.

That said, I'm not sure why you're concerned what we do with it. We don't care about the ground war, therefore we don't care about a spying or using it for an advantage in map capturing. We're flattered that some think we use it for hunting players, but that's also not true. We're using it for... much more creative (and innocent) reasons that most wouldn't even care about.

Now, if you think it gives me or any of our squadron an unfair advantage against you, you're welcome to take us to the DA. ;)

-=S=-
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #272 on: January 19, 2015, 06:10:53 PM »
You don't "see it often" because that merge tactic doesn't work for turnfighting, which is the type of fight you pursue. Additionally, a vertical lead turn is easily counterable, it's just obvious that you have no idea how to counter it. Instead of being a big boy and taking your loss, you now blame it on my "weak" turning tactics. It's not my fault you aren't aware of how to counter one of the most basic ACM maneuvers in the textbook.

You had the choice of any tactic you wanted. You chose yours and lost.

Also, please quit making claims that I'm somehow unnaturally disadvantaged when I can't achieve an altitude advantage on the merge. We both know that's not true:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvbGwAJEO04&t=70

Everything in ACM is easily countered.  <---- fact

As to my ACM knowledge and application... if I'm so stupid and you're so smart, how is it I completely destroyed you in the two wins in our duel and left you bloodied and/or smoking in two of my losses.  I mean, misfortune and/or bad gunnery played more than a little role in our fights, so what does that make you?  The tallest midget?  

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #273 on: January 19, 2015, 06:32:19 PM »
Everything in ACM is easily countered.  <---- fact

As to my ACM knowledge and application... if I'm so stupid and you're so smart, how is it I completely destroyed you in the two wins in our duel and left you bloodied and/or smoking in two of my losses.  I mean, misfortune and/or bad gunnery played more than a little role in our fights, so what does that make you?  The tallest midget?  

A great question, sir! How long have you been playing Aces High? At the time of our duel, I had been flying for just at 8 months. So let us pose the actual setting of the fight: a multi-yet veteran fighting against an 8-monther. And yet somehow the 8-monther managed to win 3:1 in planes chosen primarily by the multi-year veteran.

The downside of energy fighting is that it sometimes allows the opponent angles. In two fights, you were able to capitalize on those. In the other six, you were not. Now, factor in that I was still learning the flight mechanics and nuances, such as torque, flap settings, etc. (comparing your years of experience in Aces high against my few months), it's not surprising that I lost two fights. Add in that most of the planes we flew were planes you picked and not planes I had flown previously, and it's a wonder I won. I mean, I personally would be embarrassed in I lost to an 8-monther, regardless of whether I killed him twice or not.

My two losses can be attributed to errors on my part, as most all losses can. I've never made excuses over those, nor do I care to. The final score was 6-2, and you actually stated that you were done, even though you had initially asked me to continue fighting you past the "best of 7" that we agreed to beforehand.

I am curious, though; one of the few aspects of ACM that does not transfer, regardless of previous experience, is gunnery. I'm sort of perplexed that you would claim poor gunnery when I, a relative noon to Aces High, had little gunnery experience myself. At best, that should put our gunnery on equal terms; realistically, I was probably a worse shot than you. Maybe that's just a line of thinking unique to Aces High.

Now, since that time, I've actually dramatically improved; yet, you still don't see me saying "well gee, Triton, the score should have been 8-0 because I'm so much more experienced now." No, the score is what it is. You challenged me, I accepted, and the rest is history.

-=S=-
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 06:38:23 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #274 on: January 19, 2015, 06:43:38 PM »
Yes, we'd hate for this to go according to the usual:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLz8K8IHVjA

You weren't the only one chasing nuke but that was left out of your narrative.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #275 on: January 19, 2015, 06:45:49 PM »
You weren't the only one chasing nuke but that was left out of your narrative.

ack-ack

Actually it was only me and nuke until he chose to dive down into my friendlies. However, you can watch the video and see that I was the only one following him through past the base (I had my map up towards the end and there are no friendlies around at all).

-=S=-
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #276 on: January 19, 2015, 06:52:09 PM »
Actually you could confirm what I stated by simply looking who the CO of The Damned is (oh, wow, it's actually "Damned"). We created the account so that if I or whoever was the CO changed game ID's, the squadron would remain intact. It's also a bonus that our squadron invites ingame say "Damned has requested you join their squadron."

Now, that being said, please feel free to speculate additional reasons - we've not hidden the fact that the account was ours or that it was a shade (which it actually isn't, since we've been open about it). It was never intended to be a shade, seeing as it's named "Damned" and it's in our squadron. Pretty obvious, actually.

That said, I'm not sure why you're concerned what we do with it. We don't care about the ground war, therefore we don't care about a spying or using it for an advantage in map capturing. We're flattered that some think we use it for hunting players, but that's also not true. We're using it for... much more creative (and innocent) reasons that most wouldn't even care about.

Now, if you think it gives me or any of our squadron an unfair advantage against you, you're welcome to take us to the DA. ;)

-=S=-
Anyone but this guy and his minions buy this?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #277 on: January 19, 2015, 06:56:29 PM »
Actually it was only me and nuke until he chose to dive down into my friendlies. However, you can watch the video and see that I was the only one following him through past the base (I had my map up towards the end and there are no friendlies around at all).

-=S=-

In your own video, nuke was first being chased by another Bishop that later breaks off when he realizes he can't catch nuke.  When you look behind you as you were chasing nuke, there are at least two other Bishop behind you chasing nuke as well.  Had nuke turned to engage you, he would have been ganged and with a damaged engine, not a smart tactical move.  But then, that narrative doesn't make you look like an "experten".

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #278 on: January 19, 2015, 07:03:59 PM »
In your own video, nuke was first being chased by another Bishop that later breaks off when he realizes he can't catch nuke.  When you look behind you as you were chasing nuke, there are at least two other Bishop behind you chasing nuke as well.  Had nuke turned to engage you, he would have been ganged and with a damaged engine, not a smart tactical move.  But then, that narrative doesn't make you look like an "experten".

ack-ack

I'm not sure what video you're watching, but until 20 seconds are so into the film, the only enemy co-alt with nuke was... me, and he had three friendlies in the distance (and it was like that for five minutes prior). It's not until nuke dives down does he pick up any of my friendlies. Before that, it was just him and three of his buddies vs. me.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 07:43:07 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #279 on: January 19, 2015, 07:20:14 PM »
A great question, sir! How long have you been playing Aces High? At the time of our duel, I had been flying for just at 8 months. So let us pose the actual setting of the fight: a multi-yet veteran fighting against an 8-monther. And yet somehow the 8-monther managed to win 3:1 in planes chosen primarily by the multi-year veteran.

Pfftt... enough with that nonsense.  You can't claim knowledge and experience in flight sims and then tell me it takes you 8 months to take the training wheels off here.  Do us a favor and pull the time logs of you and your shade accounts during the 8 months in question.  I'd bet your time in the game dwarfs mine.  It showed.  You were much sharper in judging relative energy states than I was, something that only comes with seat time.  I hope the rest of your wall is better than this part.. lol.  

The downside of energy fighting is that it sometimes allows the opponent angles. In two fights, you were able to capitalize on those. In the other six, you were not. Now, factor in that I was still learning the flight mechanics and nuances, such as torque, flap settings, etc. (comparing your years of experience in Aces high against my few months), it's not surprising that I lost two fights. Add in that most of the planes we flew were planes you picked and not planes I had flown previously, and it's a wonder I won. I mean, I personally would be embarrassed in I lost to an 8-monther, regardless of whether I killed him twice or not.

lol... nope.  

My two losses can be attributed to errors on my part, as most all losses can. I've never made excuses over those, nor do I care to. The final score was 6-2, and you actually stated that you were done, even though you had initially asked me to continue fighting you past the "best of 7" that we agreed to beforehand.

I have the film and I can check, but I remember me calling a plane and you saying something like, "but that was the last of our agreed number of duels" and I was like, "lol, ok.  Take your winnings and leave".  I hadn't kept track like you, Fulcrum, and Kruel had... lol.  I still can't believe you actually posted your audio from our duels.  You got any idea what you tools sounded like?  lol  

I am curious, though; one of the few aspects of ACM that does not transfer, regardless of previous experience, is gunnery. I'm sort of perplexed that you would claim poor gunnery when I, a relative noon to Aces High, had little gunnery experience myself. At best, that should put our gunnery on equal terms; realistically, I was probably a worse shot than you. Maybe that's just a line of thinking unique to Aces High.
I've seen you squirt something about gunnery in Aces High coming naturally to you so spare me this line as well.  My gunnery comes and goes, like most.  Some days I'm a sniper and can't miss, others I can't hit a barn, but mostly it's just meh.  Looking at the film, I missed shots and didn't fully connect on opportunities I had.  Nobody's fault but mine, but the shots were there.      

Now, since that time, I've actually dramatically improved; yet, you still don't see me saying "well gee, Triton, the score should have been 8-0 because I'm so much more experienced now." No, the score is what it is. You challenged me, I accepted, and the rest is history.

-=S=-

lol... you're on crack.  The score is what it is, that's a fact.  As for who challenged who... no.  I was one of a few that made fun of you for your gloriously rigid flying style, which made you nerd rage, which resulted in us fussing on this BBS, which lead to me asking you to DA one night, which you declined, which lead to you coming back three days later when you had the courage to do it and throwing down the challenge to me.  I accepted, we dueled, Fulcrum, Kruel, and the rest of the gang paced the floor and you sweated out a win versus a hated foe.  

Cool story, but you ain't special.  

:salute
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #280 on: January 19, 2015, 07:25:23 PM »
 :lol

I hope I have some free time next weekend. It's been a little frustrating not being able to dedicate the time needed to lay down the smack I wanted to.
-AoM-

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #281 on: January 19, 2015, 07:32:28 PM »
:lol

I hope I have some free time next weekend. It's been a little frustrating not being able to dedicate the time needed to lay down the smack I wanted to.

Just like you did to me  :rofl
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #282 on: January 19, 2015, 07:35:21 PM »
I bought a business. Dueling you has about as much value in my life right now as the dirt on the bottom of my shoe.
-AoM-

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #283 on: January 19, 2015, 07:47:16 PM »
I bought a business. Dueling you has about as much value in my life right now as the dirt on the bottom of my shoe.

Are you still fishing off the Oregon coast?  if so I heard the Dungeness season is a good one this year.  stay safe on the water.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #284 on: January 19, 2015, 07:52:07 PM »
Little boys don't comprehend such things.