Author Topic: The Damned DFC  (Read 26256 times)

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: The Damned DFC
« Reply #330 on: January 20, 2015, 04:09:38 PM »
DrBone is nothing but a hoing gangtard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSojwiTzTeQ

^ He didn't even stay out of my 1v1 ^
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #331 on: January 20, 2015, 04:13:07 PM »
Here you go:

He asked for the 8 months.  You replied with your first 15 tours in a comparison to his last 31 tours, obviously to sway the light towards him, away from you.   You're not dumb, so you probably saw that comparing the last 15 made you look bad.

So, compare the 8 months he was referring to, and get your direct comparison in response to the statement he made.

What about the number of flights and duels in the DA?  If you have thousands, and the other person has a few hundred, does that factor into the time played too?

And yet, you completely neglect that at the time of our duel, he had more than double my experience in Aces High. He had over 1700 hours of flight time, to my 800. Anywhere else in any other game (or sport for that matter), this would be labeled as nothing more than a childish excuse for losing, especially when he was the one who initiated the request.

Nice try, but no. If he wasn't up to par, he shouldn't have went into the DA.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #332 on: January 20, 2015, 04:14:13 PM »
Poison get me the facepalm pic while it's still fresh and quote the video to keep it updated!  :aok
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #333 on: January 20, 2015, 04:17:09 PM »
Here you go:

He asked for the 8 months.  You replied with your first 15 tours in a comparison to his last 31 tours, obviously to sway the light towards him, away from you.   You're not dumb, so you probably saw that comparing the last 15 made you look bad.

So, compare the 8 months he was referring to, and get your direct comparison in response to the statement he made.

What about the number of flights and duels in the DA?  If you have thousands, and the other person has a few hundred, does that factor into the time played too?

Lol its easy for him ask for time in which he himself knows he hasn't played much, bottom line is he has (Triton) played alot more in total.

I haven't played FA for a few years, but I'd be right back to form in a week. It's like riding a bike,  you never forget,  specially if you spent 1000+ hours on it. ..
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 04:25:07 PM by Kruel »

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #334 on: January 20, 2015, 04:21:33 PM »
And yet, you completely neglect that at the time of our duel, he had more than double my experience in Aces High. He had over 1700 hours of flight time, to my 800. Anywhere else in any other game (or sport for that matter), this would be labeled as nothing more than a childish excuse for losing, especially when he was the one who initiated the request.

Nope, I'm not neglecting anything.  I'm merely pointing out that when he asked you for statistics of a certain time frame, you came back with a long winded, nicely formatted response, that didn't give the answer he asked for.  You manipulated the answer to have people believe what you showed them, instead of showing the answer that was asked for.

As for any of your duels, I have very little idea how they are flown or fought.

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #335 on: January 20, 2015, 04:22:18 PM »

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #336 on: January 20, 2015, 04:24:06 PM »

Slow down you're running out of Muppets.
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #337 on: January 20, 2015, 04:27:02 PM »
Lol its easy for him ask for time in which he himself knows he hasn't played much, bottom line is he has (Triton) played alot more :)

That's where he stated:  "You were much sharper in judging relative energy states than I was, something that only comes with seat time."

Which is relative to the 8 month period he was referring to.

It's a pointless argument, Kruel.  There is no Internet winner.  :)
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #338 on: January 20, 2015, 04:28:13 PM »
Nope, I'm not neglecting anything.  I'm merely pointing out that when he asked you for statistics of a certain time frame, you came back with a long winded, nicely formatted response, that didn't give the answer he asked for.  You manipulated the answer to have people believe what you showed them, instead of showing the answer that was asked for.

As for any of your duels, I have very little idea how they are flown or fought.

He asked a question that he knew the answer to.  Poison the well more bro..

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #339 on: January 20, 2015, 04:37:55 PM »
He asked a question that he knew the answer to.  Poison the well more bro..

If it was a rhetorical question, then let it be, but don't provide an answer to a variant that better suits your position.

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #340 on: January 20, 2015, 04:40:58 PM »
 :rofl
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #341 on: January 20, 2015, 05:19:46 PM »
The really sad thing about this forum is that it identifies that young people would spend that amount of time....that they will never get back in their lives...sitting around playing a game on a computer and arguing about who is better...even if it is mostly troll.....:old:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 05:22:51 PM by Canspec »

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #342 on: January 20, 2015, 05:24:00 PM »
The really sad thing about this forum is that it identifies that young people would spend that amount of time....that they will never get back in their lives...sitting around playing a game on a computer and arguing about who is better.......:old:

A great point, sir. I agree. The DA is for testing who is better. It's surprising that people would spend hours on these forums, making excuses for their losses after said DA battles. That time is much better spent attempting to shoot down the guy that beat you.

But I digress.

:old:

Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #343 on: January 20, 2015, 05:31:27 PM »
Mir has it right.   Reading is FUNdamental you noobs.

Judging relative energy states is a skill that is especially important with the style of fighting Skyyr and company  employ.   That skill  is only improved by seat time. Basically,  the more you see airplanes moving,  the better you should be able to judge  their every level during a fight.  

Skyyr,   you're going to have to choose here holmes.   You can be the experienced sim pilot whose flown for 16 years,  or you can be  the clueless bambi,  but you can't be both.  

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #344 on: January 20, 2015, 05:52:44 PM »
Mir has it right.   Reading is FUNdamental you noobs.

Judging relative energy states is a skill that is especially important with the style of fighting Skyyr and company  employ.   That skill  is only improved by seat time. Basically,  the more you see airplanes moving,  the better you should be able to judge  their every level during a fight.  

Skyyr,   you're going to have to choose here holmes.   You can be the experienced sim pilot whose flown for 16 years,  or you can be  the clueless bambi,  but you can't be both.  

So in your 1700 hours of flight, you didn't learn to read energy states as well as I had in less than half the time? Got it.

My flight time in other sims doesn't give me an advantage in reading energy levels in anything but those sims, because energy levels look completely different in every sim. The only thing my experience does is let me know what my results should look like when I'm flying correctly. If you had played other sims, you'd know this as a given. The rate of motion, the closure rates, sounds - it's all completely sim dependent. The only thing that transfers from other sims is knowing what tactics work; learning to implement the tactics and gauge energy levels is almost like starting over.

Anyone else who has played sims competitively can confirm the above.

You have a vast amount more of AH flight time than Fulcrum, yet I can tell you right now he'd kick you to the floor in a IL-2 Cliffs of Dover, if only because he's more familiar with it. Now, according to you, your flight time in Aces High should count as 2,100 hours of IL-2 experience and you should be able to wipe him out pretty easily. See, it doesn't work like that... and should you take that challenge up, rest assured that I will be there watching the entire thing, calling the result from the beginning.

As we told you from the first day we interacted, we know how this ends. We've been flying as a squadron long enough and fighting other guys a heck of a lot tougher and more organized than you. We also know the learning curve associated with sims and this one is no different (even if it is extremely gamey in certain aspects). And even with our previous victories, we're still getting better. It's only going to get worse for you guys from here.

Better luck next time. And maybe, just maybe, you'll think twice before bragging about how badly you'll beat a bunch of "noobs."

:salute

« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 06:05:57 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...