Author Topic: Concerning Rook win this morning....  (Read 1384 times)

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Concerning Rook win this morning....
« on: January 15, 2015, 04:45:12 AM »
Came back 2 weeks ago and decided to fly Rook with a few sticks who made the switch while I was gone. I play late night/early morning during the week and whenever I can weekends. Every night since I've been back it has seemed there is always a push for base takes but the country could never really organize a push together spreading forces too thin or out of sync. Sure we would get a few bases but eventually we would hit a brick wall. One by one numbers would be lost and the advance would stall only to give up ground to the Bish/Knit day crews. This morning however things just came together. Pretty sure Rooks held 0% of other countries bases when I logged on around 11pm cst and had the map won a little after 4am. Bish and knits bogged down long enough for us to dominate the Bish front. Once that was secured knit bases fell like dominoes over a 2 1/2 hour period. Was nice to see the country come together like that at such a late hour and organize. It took a little luck and determination but we got it done!
Just one of the many things that makes the game great and look forward to many more late nights in the future. <S> :airplane: ~FineTime~
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Re: Concerning Rook win this morning....
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 08:11:07 AM »
Why are you guys rushing to reset quickly  nice small maps,  full of action , small front line ; this maps are excellent for the low # we have this days; You guys drink too much coffee, can't you sleep during night, just reset empty arena?

But is not your fault,  arena setting are favoring large boring maps with more bases than players; imo, the small maps bases % needed for reset  should be increased to 25- 30%, and large maps reduced to 10-15%, small fun maps would have more time before reset,  and auto map reset reduced to 48 hours not 7 days;

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 08:50:34 AM »
WTG rooks  :aok

Winning is fun!  Working with others is were its at.  :cheers:

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 10:40:04 AM »
  WTG night crew and Wizz. Don't mind Ghi he has a deep animosity for rooks winning maps.  :ahand
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 10:49:42 AM »
The Rooks won? Must be a cold morning in hell.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 10:52:10 AM »
Yayy wtg rooks now we can go to another map with no action for the next 7 days!!!!  :rock
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 10:58:20 AM »
Why are you guys rushing to reset quickly  nice small maps,  full of action , small front line ; this maps are excellent for the low # we have this days; You guys drink too much coffee, can't you sleep during night, just reset empty arena?

But is not your fault,  arena setting are favoring large boring maps with more bases than players; imo, the small maps bases % needed for reset  should be increased to 25- 30%, and large maps reduced to 10-15%, small fun maps would have more time before reset,  and auto map reset reduced to 48 hours not 7 days;

7 days on the same map can be a drag.  72 hours should be the limit on any map, at least according to me.  :)

And either change the % requirement on small maps, or make a 24 hour minimum on all maps: meaning the same map gets repeated, if reset within 24 hours.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 11:07:01 AM »
Just one of the many things that makes the game great and look forward to many more late nights in the future. <S> :airplane: ~FineTime~
:aok

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 11:12:06 AM »
  WTG night crew and Wizz. Don't mind Ghi he has a deep animosity for rooks winning maps.  :ahand
The only way rooks can do it, at 4 AM when normal people are sleeping, with bunch of zombies suffering of sleep disorder ;

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 11:15:44 AM »
The only way rooks can do it, at 4 AM when normal people are sleeping, with bunch of zombies suffering of sleep disorder ;

Your 4 AM is my 11 AM  :neener:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 11:47:24 AM »
Why are you guys rushing to reset quickly  nice small maps,  full of action , small front line ; this maps are excellent for the low # we have this days; You guys drink too much coffee, can't you sleep during night, just reset empty arena?

But is not your fault,  arena setting are favoring large boring maps with more bases than players; imo, the small maps bases % needed for reset  should be increased to 25- 30%, and large maps reduced to 10-15%, small fun maps would have more time before reset,  and auto map reset reduced to 48 hours not 7 days;

To answer your question ghi I along with everyone else who helped this morning play to win maps even at the sacrifice of small maps that are fun to play. Even with numbers bases are not easily taken. 2-3 defenders make it almost impossible to take without shutting a base down even at that late hour and then you have to hold those bases. Lots of work when your not hording. Bish/knits did not lay down it was a well defended map things just came together. Like I said Rooks are pushing every night we just had a little luck on our side. Oz is my favorite map so look forward to a few days of endless tug of war!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:53:30 AM by Wizz »

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2015, 11:52:25 AM »
:aok

Hap if it wasnt for your bomber training I would have given up on this game long ago <S>

As opposed to massive mission horde's Bish/Knits are notorious for using to win maps during the day?  :x :cheers: throwing a pack of 6 your way for tonight! All jokes aside your mission's can be some of the most fun in the game and miss flying off your wing! Hope all is well ghi ive been gone 6 months its good to see you around.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:59:00 AM by Wizz »

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2015, 01:16:28 PM »
As opposed to massive mission horde's Bish/Knits are notorious for using to win maps during the day?  :x :cheers: throwing a pack of 6 your way for tonight! All jokes aside your mission's can be some of the most fun in the game and miss flying off your wing! Hope all is well ghi ive been gone 6 months its good to see you around.
[/quote]

I like it when the bish and nits horde. nothing more fun then coming out in a wirb and making smoke clouds in the red sky. just wish ya would stop dropping them turds on me and come right at me face to face  :neener:
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2015, 04:02:31 PM »

Not a bad idea (except 48 hours is too short, 72 would be better IMO) but you'd have to make the uncapturable bases capturable on some of the small maps or they'd form a barrier making those maps almost impossible to reset.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2015, 08:27:51 PM »
If people want to win maps and capture fields, they should not be bringing light fighters to the base take or forget to bring troops or use the last bomb that could have white flagged town on a wirb sitting on concrete at the field or drag enemy cons straight to the m3 full of troops just to clear their six.

Wanting to do something and being capable of doing something are often two different things.