Author Topic: What is Going on these days?  (Read 7173 times)

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
Re: What is Going on these days?
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2015, 11:25:47 PM »
I didn't say that at all. I said, simply, that in a game where points are awarded for beating another player, my goal is simply to beat him.

Anything else you'd like to add that I didn't say?
Always you. always
Peanut1 in game.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2015, 11:42:50 PM »
I've only heard really three reasons for people leaving the game, R/L got in the way is one, tired of gameplay(Pickers, HOers, Gangers), and graphics being a bit outdated/their computer can't handle the graphics.

Never heard anyone say, "the game was too easy, I had no competition there, those guys don't know how to fly"
You are confusing players leaving with what Skyyr was talking about (new players).

Hitech said it himself. Keeping old players is not a priority in this design. It is about a constant flow of new players, which we have very few of right now. And it's not just for one reason, but many of them, some more important than others. Look at any modern game that is successful today. Go on their forums and say you are better then all of them. They won't shame you for not being 'honorable' and making everyone hold hands, instead they will fight back or say "prove it". This game is unique in that for the most part the community doesn't care about skill level, but rather the attitude of the player. Which is all fine and dandy, but competition is the way of the future. Times have changed over the past 20 years. That is why I personally think that the downfall of this game will be more because of the 'old timers' forcing their mindset on new players, then gameplay reasons such as graphics or the 12 hr rule.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 11:46:58 PM by xPoisonx »
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Gray

• Copper Member
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2015, 11:48:07 PM »
I beat one in a turn fight with a D-25 a couple of weeks ago, it was hilarious.

Nah, wasn't all that funny on my end.  :D

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2015, 11:51:18 PM »
The only change is in your memory. The game was exactly the same way a couple of years ago and was the same way a couple of years before that. It is a natural human tendency to preserve happy memories and let unhappy ones fade; that's the reason for nostalgia and for grumpy old farts complaining about how nothing is like it used to be. Nothing, including this game, has ever been "like it used to be". 200 has always been a sewer,  Runstangs have always boomed and run, pickers have always picked, horders have always horded, Luftwhiners have always whined. It was like that in Air Warrior in 1996 when I started playing MMO flight combat sims and it's still like that here in 2015.

Search these forums and you'll find identical, not similar but identical, complaints ten years ago.  If the game lasts until 2020, I guarantee you will see forum posts lamenting how much it's changed since the glory days of 2015 when everyone in the MA was polite and respectful and lived for the thrill of the FIGHT. The good old days are right now.

And if the game doesn't last until 2020, it won't be because new players have come in and ruined it, it will be because new players haven't come in at all. The "X-Bawx Generation" aren't here, they're playing X-Box games or World of _____. The average age of players here is higher than its ever been and still climbing.

Yes, there are problems with game play and attitude here. Always have been, always will be. Coming here and whining about it is not being part of the solution. What is the solution?

(1) Find a bunch of guys you like to fly with and enjoy flying with them.
(2) Stop caring what other people do, say, or think.
(3) Lead by example.

Pretty much the same as in any other area of life.

Good
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2015, 12:13:53 AM »
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 12:17:12 AM by xPoisonx »
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2015, 12:19:03 AM »
I think Skyyr thinks people don't like him because of his flying style, which truth be told, his flying style is no different than many other players.  He's getting flak mostly because his game play is pretty pathetic.  Using a 2nd account to log into another side just to track certain players using the .wingman command than then to monitor what is being said about him.  That's just sad.

Seen this many times from Jon  :neener: (Skyyr) If he believed all the BS he spewed he would have no need to do this. He adds nothing to the AH community what so ever. I am really getting temped to post the film of him on Vox saying how he and his buddy get off on running people out of all kinds of games. Even told me that that they almost drove two gamers to the brinks of suicide. cant wait to hear him deny it  :D

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2015, 12:33:53 AM »
Seen this many times from Jon  :neener: (Skyyr) If he believed all the BS he spewed he would have no need to do this. He adds nothing to the AH community what so ever. I am really getting temped to post the film of him on Vox saying how he and his buddy get off on running people out of all kinds of games. Even told me that that they almost drove two gamers to the brinks of suicide. cant wait to hear him deny it  :D

That happened in Star Wars Galaxies. A guild declared war on our guild, and said they would stop at nothing until we lost. So... we took over their city that they spent 3 years building and, literally, dismantled it. They posted on the forums and threatened the devs with legal lawsuits, attacks, even suicide, if the devs didn't give them back their city. I still have screenshots from the whole ordeal. They never got it back.

We then auctioned off the rights to the city for the ingame equivalent of about $2000, then sold the ingame items online. I still have the Western Union papers from it. ;)

The moral of the story is, if you're going to claim it's an all out war, don't cry when it becomes an all-out war. It's a game, but we're here to play competitively and we take people at face value.

-=S=-
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 12:50:28 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2015, 12:40:16 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:16:44 AM by Skuzzy »
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2015, 12:52:30 AM »

That happened in Star Wars Galaxies. A guild declared war on our guild, and said they would stop at nothing until we lost. So... we took over their city that they spent 3 years building and, literally, dismantled it. They posted on the forums and threatened the devs with legal lawsuits, attacks, even suicide, if the devs didn't give them back their city. I still have screenshots from the whole ordeal. They never got it back.

We then auctioned off the rights to the city for the ingame equivalent of about $2000, then sold the ingame items online. I still have the Western Union papers from it. ;)

The moral of the story is, if you're going to claim it's an all out war, don't cry when it becomes an all-out war. It's a game, treat it as nothing more.

-=S=-

Words out of your mouth was you and your guys whole purpose is to get people so pissed in a game that they want to quit it. The two guys you said that wanted to commit suicide was just and example of how you thought your tactics of getting people to quit a game was working. Hum maybe we should all listen to it.  :O  I think you are a little out of your league this time in messing with this community, think you better start flying right as they say.  :old: 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 12:55:03 AM by iKo »

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2015, 12:54:27 AM »
So does that mean Skyrr doesn't hate me?  :headscratch:
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2015, 12:58:33 AM »
You are confusing players leaving with what Skyyr was talking about (new players).

Hitech said it himself. Keeping old players is not a priority in this design. It is about a constant flow of new players, which we have very few of right now. And it's not just for one reason, but many of them, some more important than others. Look at any modern game that is successful today. Go on their forums and say you are better then all of them. They won't shame you for not being 'honorable' and making everyone hold hands, instead they will fight back or say "prove it". This game is unique in that for the most part the community doesn't care about skill level, but rather the attitude of the player. Which is all fine and dandy, but competition is the way of the future. Times have changed over the past 20 years. That is why I personally think that the downfall of this game will be more because of the 'old timers' forcing their mindset on new players, then gameplay reasons such as graphics or the 12 hr rule.
There is a difference between being competitive....and being an arrogant little salamander :aok

By the way....the reason we don't have more people coming into the game is because there isn't much advertisement going on (hopefully it picks up with new Graphics), saying that people are looking at the BBS and not joining because of that is just stupid.

Same person who looks at just the BBS is the same guy who says "man I've been on climbout for 5 minutes where's all the bad guys at" This game takes patience unlike other games like COD or StarCraft.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2015, 12:59:01 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:18:16 AM by Skuzzy »
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2015, 12:59:23 AM »
I think you are a little out of your league this time in messing with this community

:)

« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 01:07:51 AM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2015, 01:01:33 AM »
So does that mean Skyrr doesn't hate me?  :headscratch:

No. I love crab.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190