Author Topic: Players to admire  (Read 23303 times)

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Players to admire
« Reply #300 on: January 25, 2015, 02:51:51 AM »
This is serioisly pathetic, AoM and the Damned need to have a SDL. I'm pretty sure the community is going to agree.
Both sides need to step up, show what they got and fight for bragging rights. This bbs war that has been waging for months is getting old. It doesn't help new players coming in, and aswell as old players considering joining back up.

Fight it out, and move on.  Fruit cakes  :rolleyes:
+ 1million :aok
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #301 on: January 25, 2015, 03:03:56 AM »
This is serioisly pathetic, AoM and the Damned need to have a SDL. I'm pretty sure the community is going to agree.
Both sides need to step up, show what they got and fight for bragging rights. This bbs war that has been waging for months is getting old. It doesn't help new players coming in, and aswell as old players considering joining back up.

Yessssss
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #302 on: January 25, 2015, 03:20:47 AM »
Mar, nrshida, Muzik, Shatzi, Tongs, Shane, MakeT and many others i cant recall now.
The Few, the old Top Gun crew, the 80th, TwinBoom's squad, the JG11, the old KN, JG5, etc etc.

Even if i had my differences with some of them, i liked playing with/against theese people.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #303 on: January 25, 2015, 04:03:00 AM »
Agree regarding Soulyss - . . . I've never once heard a single complaint from or about him, not one in 15 years.

That guy?  He is so mean spirited and abrasive.  Downright evil, I'd say.  (Just kidding of course -- he's a great guy.)

I wonder where he went, I don't fly much, but usually would see him about, and haven't for nearly a year or so now.  Imagine he'll wander back when the new version comes around, like so many others on these lists I hope to see.

I just flew with him today in P-38J's the "Battle Over the Winter Line" scenario.  (He got the most kills in the group.)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #304 on: January 25, 2015, 04:08:46 AM »
<<<<<<<<<<< see this guy , after reading the title of this thread you should admire me for still playing this game so you guys have a target to shoot. there are alot of us new players who are sticking around who are constant targets for you vets. we get shot down in so many ways its hard to keep track. when i first started i was the best drill bit in the game . yup i know everybody has the same beginning as we have, but if it wasnt for the new players who give it their all and keep coming back for more. trust me and im sure you all can relate its not easy to keep losing in a game and keep playing it anyways. so remember when ya shoot us down be nice , we dont need to hear the noob word or he doesnt know what he is doing. have a little respect for the guys who are trying. at least admire there effort.

:aok

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #305 on: January 25, 2015, 08:24:14 AM »
Remind me why this thread is still going?  :headscratch:

Yeah, it metamorphosed into the exact opposite of what I intended.

Some people never disappoint.  :headscratch:
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #306 on: January 25, 2015, 08:24:36 AM »
But Joach1m...it's all about....

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #307 on: January 25, 2015, 09:00:45 AM »
But Joach1m...it's all about....

lol +1
AoM
City of ice

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #308 on: January 25, 2015, 09:23:11 AM »
I would mention Zack1234 for reasons that are quit obvious!  :old:

Nuff Said.
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #309 on: January 25, 2015, 09:29:15 AM »

Didn't you hear? The Muppets have been vanquished.

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #310 on: January 25, 2015, 10:12:28 AM »
These kinda threads were much more interesting 12 years ago.  :) 
Have fun, young'ins
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #311 on: January 25, 2015, 10:14:01 AM »
An old post of mine from another thread here .... long ago. (Opinion or relevancy may vary)

"Just a Game"

Yep .... AirWarrior (and Ace's High, for that matter) was just a game. Hell, why stop there, it was just a program. Just a program that kept many people so hooked that they'd sit and play it for hours on end, weeks on end, months and years on end.

A program that was far more addicting than TV could ever hope to be. Far more addicting than some narcotic drugs. Ok, let's coin the term "electronic narcotic". AirWarrior (and any other online game with a large fanatic community behind it) can be viewed as an "electronic narcotic" (or - just a game/program if we want to live in denial).

But what of the "junkies" involved? Are the players of these games simply the clientele of the market? Checkbooks? Credit cards? Are we just numbers in a demographic database that a machine uses to pump out money to keep itself going? Maybe to some we are (EA made the mistake of focusing on that). I don't think HiTech and Pyro sees us that way. I know Blue Baron didn't.

And THAT, sirs (and ma'ams) is probably the most significant link between AW and AH. That is the legacy passed on.

It's NOT "just a game". It became more than that when the first human simpilot got shot down by another human simpilot online and typed (when he re-upped) "Good kill!"

It grew when these pilot's (of the net) curiousities were aroused and they decided to get to know each other better. To create online communities where, through e-mail, bulletin boards and newsgroups, they could share things about themselves both in and out of the game. I know more about people I've never met in person than I know about my next door neighbor. I know birthdays, anniversaries, births, deaths, new car purchases, fathers and grandfather's military histories, dreams, nightmares and even bad jokes and boredom. I've seen members of the community reach out to others in time of need. Granted, I've also seen vile individuals take advantage of others ... but in the wake of that, even, I've seen the community continue to flourish and bond.

Maybe this is all alien to some here. I know there's many here that long preceeded my ignoble entrance that have experienced the same sort of camraderie and community that I'm trying to describe.

And no .... there's no requirement to know the history and background of a game or community to be able to play (and enjoy) it.

But to those who actually DO feel that ... "it's just a game", that the vehicle that brought us all together so we could all share the best and worst of what we have to offer and maybe come out of it a little wiser, a little better for it, deserves no more consideration than the same program on their pc that keeps the clock ticking or the makes the modem dial up, to those, I feel a sense of pity. For those shallow souls will never know that ... it was more than just a game to many.

(Geez! Like anyone wants to dig to the bottom of this huge thread to read MY "epiphany". Except maybe those who want to test their sig while in their cups.)   Wink

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,5875.msg79040.html#msg79040

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #312 on: January 25, 2015, 10:33:49 AM »
Didn't you hear? The Muppets have been vanquished.
Muppets have been dead since 09.  :bolt:
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #313 on: January 25, 2015, 10:44:27 AM »
I like how everyone doesn't take the game too seriously but is so involved in giving RL life lessons, psychoanalyzing others and using RL names(ew, stage five clinger alert, I'd also be careful if I were you, you don't want anymore trouble with the law)...

I'd like to see one post where one of us directly disrespects a person(not their skill in-game).

Who is taking this game too seriously again? :rofl

The lack of objectivity here is dumbfounding for such a group of mature, and oh-so-wise, group of people.

I respect the fact that someone might admire someone else simply based on how they interact with the players around them without even having to be a good pilot. That doesn't mean I have to agree with it. I can be objective enough to know that someone is good even if I don't like their persona in game.

A few people around here seemed more focused on trying to destroy the persona(ad hominem's-r-us up in here) instead of trying to beat the pilot, no matter how forum warfare you wage,how much fun you try to poke at someone's age, persona, attitude or whatever other subjective point. Objectivity trumps them all....if you know deep down inside that you can't beat this person at the game (and its been proven by DA matches), then his job is done...really..nothing else you do or say besides getting back into the DA and pulling out a win.

I agree with this.  99.5% of this is dead-on-balls accurate.  I don't find anyone's behavior particularly impressive, including my own.  To mention legal issues though...that's laughable.  That's just pure humor.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #314 on: January 25, 2015, 10:46:48 AM »
Muppets have been dead since 09.  :bolt:

I'm a huge fan of DrBone.  I always have been for some reason...but if this were true Bone, you wouldn't still be humping Muppets legs after all this time bruh!!!!  :rofl

I've seen you ignore people you feel are beneath you...and this aint it.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba