Author Topic: Players to admire  (Read 23316 times)

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Players to admire
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2015, 09:37:36 PM »
Get better, or get bored?  I think you are confused. :headscratch:

You are missing what I'm saying. Thats ok though. I wasn't referring to people like you.

Yet Ive seen some of the very players mentioned do exactly what you say cant be done in planes they shouldn't be able to be done in and come out on top

Like what?
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2015, 09:42:48 PM »
Jesus the hostility here is amazing...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2015, 09:43:20 PM »
The pony has more than just speed. It's understanding the use of the instantaneous turn rates and not pushing it too far into a sustained turn. It's about getting to convergence and THEN taking your shot. It's about using the angles to get there with out burning excess E. The guys you see blowing around in the MA never getting below 300 don't KNOW their plane and so are NOT flying it to its strengths. They are just blasting around hoping for a shot now and then and count on the speed to get away when they screw up.

I'd bet there are less than 25 players playing now that can fly a plane to its strengths, because most players don't bother to learn them. They figure something fast with big cannons is best and that is all they need to know. I stand by what I said, ANYONE can fly their plane to its strengths and win, first they must learn those strengths.

Agreed. Typically there are pony drivers that are either very good. Or at best average. To combine this with your statement of "I'd bet there are less than 25 players playing now that can fly a plane to its strengths, because most players don't bother to learn them."

Its not just learning the planes strengths. But its taking the time to learn its abilities. These is usually far more to a plane then just its strengths. Even a 152 and a D9 can turn with almost any plane for a period of time if you take the time to learn the planes abilities. And I do mean turn and not just roll. The trick is in knowing that limit. And learning those usually doesnt come from just flying to a planes strengths. But getting yourself in trouble and not being able to use those strengths. It forces you to learn what else that plane can do. You'd be surprised.

But like you said. Most players dont take the time to learn their planes. Not to any great depth.

You can be successful with any plane in the game. Provided you take the time to learn it
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2015, 09:51:25 PM »
Luckily there are guys still flying like reckless zen masters to inspire the new recruits as has been the way for so many years. If not then all they would have for an example would be the plebs who think winning at any cost is worthy of respect.
There ain't many left that are willing to step up and show the new Future of AH, Which is why it has resulted in so much poo slinging.
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2015, 09:51:41 PM »
Joach1m,RedBull,DrSpek,Chozen,Anarchy,Poison,Snakeiis(Ratio) aka GhostCDB and many many more have all been with me for a few years now and if you ask any of them today they will tell you what Poison is doing is nothing different from what we have done in the past and present.

btw RedBull is an inactive Muppet and Spek left the game for RL.

Heck even you're guys infamous BluBerry started from TG, Apparently this guy was like a god to you few who hold these boards to Heart.  :D

Edit: I forgot to add that Top*Gun is always willing to take on new members that are willing to learn multiple aspects of the game.
You don't like our Tactics then try to be open minded and after were done if you still don't like it then we can agree to disagree.

I was never in TG, maybe that's why I suck.  :eek:

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2015, 09:52:55 PM »
You know what I was getting at bro, I have done nothing but offer help to those who show willingness.
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2015, 09:55:18 PM »
I agree...
Players like m00t, Drex, Levi, Shane, kappa, Fester, etc. set the bar very high. Some still play, which is good. Anyone entering the game after this era does not have a clue...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2015, 10:01:22 PM »
Grits!

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2015, 10:11:57 PM »
Its not just learning the planes strengths. But its taking the time to learn its abilities. These is usually far more to a plane then just its strengths. Even a 152 and a D9 can turn with almost any plane for a period of time if you take the time to learn the planes abilities. And I do mean turn and not just roll. The trick is in knowing that limit. And learning those usually doesn't come from just flying to a planes strengths. But getting yourself in trouble and not being able to use those strengths. It forces you to learn what else that plane can do. You'd be surprised.

But like you said. Most players dont take the time to learn their planes. Not to any great depth.

You can be successful with any plane in the game. Provided you take the time to learn it

Could not have said it better myself, Its why you will see me in a mossie and all the planes. Don't have one down 100% but got most of them 90% down. For me that's where I get most of my fun making all the planes do some crazy stuff.  :old: See After you learn to E fight the next level is to try and do all you can in all the planes you can. Or Poison you can learn to E fight and think the next level is score and never progress pass that  :uhoh
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 10:15:12 PM by iKo »

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2015, 10:13:34 PM »
I have seen very few players that can throw themselves into these situations and despite not always being able to win do impressively well against any number of opponents. So far I've only noticed Latrobe doing well. Back in April last year when Grizz was back for like a tour (?) I remember he and kappa flying K4's at some base where they were outnumbered and with most of the red guys (my greenies) above them.

One certain comment I remember hearing someone say while I watched them fly was "those K4's are manufacturing E". It was certainly impressive, wish I could see it more often.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2015, 10:22:00 PM »
You know what I was getting at bro, I have done nothing but offer help to those who show willingness.

From my time in TG I know this to be true......those guys will help you out if you ask......you may never get the same skill as them....(I'm not very good)....but they will help you.... :old:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 10:24:02 PM by Canspec »

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2015, 12:13:28 AM »
Bighorn anyone?
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2015, 12:17:36 AM »
You are missing what I'm saying. Thats ok though. I wasn't referring to people like you.

Okay? :headscratch:

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2015, 12:30:10 AM »
Luckily there are guys still flying like reckless zen masters to inspire the new recruits as has been the way for so many years. If not then all they would have for an example would be the plebs who think winning at any cost is worthy of respect.

Since no one is really dying and we have nothing to lose, then getting in the fight and mixing it up regardless is the only way to go. 

I know there are a bunch of folks who like nothing better than to wade into the mob and see how many they can get.  If they come out the other side it's fine, but if not they know they tested themselves and probably died laughing at the fun.

Those are the folks I enjoy flying with.   Thankfully most of them don't have thier egos wrapped up in the game, remembering that's really all it is.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2015, 12:50:56 AM »
Could not have said it better myself, Its why you will see me in a mossie and all the planes. Don't have one down 100% but got most of them 90% down. For me that's where I get most of my fun making all the planes do some crazy stuff.  :old: See After you learn to E fight the next level is to try and do all you can in all the planes you can. Or Poison you can learn to E fight and think the next level is score and never progress pass that  :uhoh

But... you don't know how to E fight  :headscratch:
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech