Author Topic: Players to admire  (Read 23316 times)

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
Re: Players to admire
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2015, 01:40:34 AM »
I admire anyone that is willing to fight....Being able to fly your plane to its abilities is important, and i applaud people who have the patience to never deviate. I just dont enjoy flying that way. I can properly fly a P51 if i wanted to, but i rarely do because its boring as hell. I will die because of that, but oh well, the Rooks seem to always give me a new plane.

This game is very cyclical... flying styles and philosophies evolve over time. Its fun to watch how new people change things, good or bad. There is a counter to every move. ..People eventually adapt and the cycle starts all over again.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2015, 04:59:51 AM »
But... you don't know how to E fight  :headscratch:
IkO will walk all over you. What on god's earth has happened to you....
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2015, 05:09:49 AM »
You are not helping.
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2015, 06:50:21 AM »
I agree...
Players like m00t, Drex, Levi, Shane, kappa, Fester, etc. set the bar very high. Some still play, which is good. Anyone entering the game after this era does not have a clue...
Not saying these guys were not good, but at one point AH's damage model was a circle around the whole plane...making it much easy to kill and make amazing shots.... because now you actually have to hit the plane instead of the circle...
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2015, 08:01:04 AM »
Getting back on track...

I nominate JUDAS. If he doesn't end up killing me, he always makes me work for the kill. My favorite fight ever in this game involves my 109F and his Ki-84. A 7 minute knife fight the left both of us surging on adrenaline.

That guy is a lot of fun in a fight.  Doesn't complain, just fights till the end.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2015, 08:10:16 AM »
Not saying these guys were not good, but at one point AH's damage model was a circle around the whole plane...making it much easy to kill and make amazing shots.... because now you actually have to hit the plane instead of the circle...

When was that? Please give the version number.   :devil

Air Warrior had a hit bubble. It also had a player who thought he could make a better flight sim.   :D

The good players mentioned did not have anything easier in AH then we have now.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2015, 08:29:19 AM »

When was that? Please give the version number.   :devil

Air Warrior had a hit bubble. It also had a player who thought he could make a better flight sim.   :D

AW had a hit bubble. I dont remember AH ever having one. I do remember that point being a frustration for many new players. the lack of the hit bubble that is.

I could be wrong but I dont think so
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2015, 08:41:26 AM »
This is going back a whole bunch of years. Who was that guy that had that amazing U turn move? Hell. I dont even know what to call it let alone figure out how he did it..

Shane was simply amazing in the La7. Seemingly always putting himself in a severe disadvantage and seemingly almost always coming out on top.
Never seemed to matter to him. outnumbered. outgunned. Lower E, lower alt. Lower E and alt. Someone told me he was deaf ta boot.
Had some of the best SA I've ever seen. Never had to HO and just when you thought you had him. He usually proved you wrong.
I learned a lot dieing at his hands LOL. In fact some of the moves I use with the D9 I learned from watching Shane fly the La
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2015, 08:48:35 AM »
  When I started in 2003 I was awesome in the LA 7 but they called me a dweeb. I should have stayed with it for now they would call me awesome.  :banana:

The players I admire you can admire their real persona. They don't give you rage pms but a hearty  :salute when they win or lose.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 08:51:59 AM by Slate »
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2015, 09:35:27 AM »
I'm pretty sure in early AH1 there was a bigger hit bubble than there is now. Routinely making shots from 1.1k was not an oddity. Hitech might correct me on that though.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2015, 09:54:50 AM »
Ask him how our last duels went  :uhoh
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2015, 10:13:58 AM »
I'm pretty sure in early AH1 there was a bigger hit bubble than there is now. Routinely making shots from 1.1k was not an oddity. Hitech might correct me on that though.

It was a totally different damage model. You can ask any long time player that as this game has evolved you had to relearn your shooting skills at several major updates.  :airplane:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2015, 11:19:49 AM »

This is not true.  AH1's hit model was different. AKAK has mentioned it repeatedly by version.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2015, 11:29:46 AM »
This is not true.  AH1's hit model was different. AKAK has mentioned it repeatedly by version.

If you think AH ever had a hit bubble surrounding the aircraft please post your reference.  

Also keep in mind that any differences in damage and gunnery worked both ways.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 11:31:17 AM by FLS »

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2015, 11:43:44 AM »
Whatever the hit bubble size, every player had it.  The brawler wading into 5 cons with no E and no alt was a bigger target just like the guys he was fighting.  It may have been easier to hit planes, but the plane you were in took hits easier as well.
AMAX  in game