Author Topic: Players to admire  (Read 23504 times)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
Re: Players to admire
« Reply #240 on: January 23, 2015, 10:56:47 PM »
Wow this thread has been a nice trip down memory lane, lots of great names that I remember very fondly.  I'm amazed that I even earned an honorable mention in there somewhere.  I think Stampf hit the nail on the head, it's up to each person to decide if they want to add to the game and community or detract from it, and how each person carries themselves says a lot more in what people think and how you're remembered than how many cartoon airplanes you can down.

Dusted the 'ol stick off tonight and spend 30-40 minutes embarrassing myself in the TA, so that I can be ready to spend 3 hours embarrassing myself tomorrow in the scenario, and I look forward to embarrassing myself some more in the MA after that. :)

:cheers:

:rock :rock
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #241 on: January 23, 2015, 11:07:43 PM »
Let's ignore this other "topic" and get back to people who contribute something positive to the community and are "Players to admire" please.

<S>
Ryno

Right on.  :cheers:

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #242 on: January 24, 2015, 01:01:30 AM »

Tonight's FSO was a great example of all things outstanding for me in this game.  I signed in to the SEA Arena and had 20 mates to fly with.  20 guys who want to stay up late, or get up early in Swoops case, too fly with me.  Triton of AoM was Axis CiC and he had given me a tough assignment tonight. 3 1/2 sectors - 85 miles down the Bougainville slot in A6M5's with a single centerline 250 kg bomb.  My mission - Destroy the US air base there and all the air wing assigned.  Had 10 lads from the 162nd FG in A6m2's for company. 

Hairy doesn't come close to what we saw tonight.  It was 'The Slot' from Papy Boyington and Ba Ba Black Sheep, only in reverse.  My boys were to be the flaming zekes getting painted onto the sides of those big arse Corsair's.  No, not this time.  I took the flight on an end around and came into the target unmolested.  We delivered our ordinance onto the target...didn't hit a damn thing...never said we were bomber pilots, then set about engaging the F4u's, P-39's and P-40's that appeared on the scene with bad intent on their mind.  Out gunned, out classed and fighting from an altitude disadvantage after our attack, I encouraged to the boys to...own the fight...to fight it on their terms and simply take the initiative and never give it back.  And so it was...we destroyed the entire CAP, 18 souls in all, for the loss of 10 men KIA.  I'll take that every time in an attack mission in the pacific.

We even rearmed and made a second strike which resulted in a Hanger destroyed, and a few more scalps granted from the hapless foemen.  All I could think all night was...'Where else can I see this'...

With all the game and tech available today...we can play or be anything we want.  Here, in the Halls of AH...We play WWII Fighter Pilot.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #243 on: January 24, 2015, 11:41:47 AM »
Wow this thread has been a nice trip down memory lane, lots of great names that I remember very fondly.  I'm amazed that I even earned an honorable mention in there somewhere.  I think Stampf hit the nail on the head, it's up to each person to decide if they want to add to the game and community or detract from it, and how each person carries themselves says a lot more in what people think and how you're remembered than how many cartoon airplanes you can down.

Dusted the 'ol stick off tonight and spend 30-40 minutes embarrassing myself in the TA, so that I can be ready to spend 3 hours embarrassing myself tomorrow in the scenario, and I look forward to embarrassing myself some more in the MA after that. :)

:cheers:

Good to have you back.
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #244 on: January 24, 2015, 03:12:09 PM »
On the topic of FSO, I spent a few years flying FSO with 9GIAP, a small squad of seven to ten and Dantoo nearly always led a successful mission with limited resources. I admire his ability to lead a bunch of upsidedown miscreants into and out of battle on a regular basis.

Dantoo
>
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #245 on: January 24, 2015, 04:09:31 PM »
The community itself has always been the strongest part of the game. :salute
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #246 on: January 24, 2015, 05:24:17 PM »
Player1

Yay! I'm note worthy! I finally feel average!   :cheers:

Just going to get a little off topic here to post this video because it perfectly suits what's going on in AH2 right now and I thought I'd share it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9vciR0TPpM

I also agree with this completely.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #247 on: January 24, 2015, 05:28:15 PM »
So to all of you old farts.

Lets pass the hat for some Bengay for the future Bones after his short youth window escapes him. And life slaps the old fart tag on his back that will stay with him for the majority of his 80 some what year life, along with that terminal case of amnesia about the failings of his youth. He will wake up one morning like us, un able to remember what it was he hated about us. While some future young Bones wishes he could pull the trigger and wipe the planet of all the old farts he hates so much. Including the present, soon to become old fart Bones. Time fly's by too fast for the young and angry.

Time is much crueler than anything Bones or skyyr can say to us. No matter what they do, they will end up in a boat named the S.S. Old Fart, stuck with the same cosmic joke we are. The boat ride and joke is much easier and enjoyable to bare, if you share it with a community. In the end, no one wins this boat race, because the finish line is the same for all of us.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #248 on: January 24, 2015, 05:40:01 PM »
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #249 on: January 24, 2015, 05:47:27 PM »
On the topic of FSO, I spent a few years flying FSO with 9GIAP, a small squad of seven to ten and Dantoo nearly always led a successful mission with limited resources. I admire his ability to lead a bunch of upsidedown miscreants into and out of battle on a regular basis.

Dantoo

>

Dantoo is one of the best tactical flight leaders as well as strategic commanders in the game.  Always more than a pleasure working with him and his.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #251 on: January 24, 2015, 05:58:42 PM »
I admire me...The End....bye
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #252 on: January 24, 2015, 06:06:21 PM »
Poison,

You will become your father sooner than you can blink an eye. Right now as a kid, people cut you slack, and you take advantage of them for it by thinking they are being idiots and losers by indulging you. They are being kind in memory of their youth, because around the corner, they know what is waiting for you.

All of us were the same dumb arse you are acting today. That's why you are not very amusing and getting repetitively boring. Where it will truly matter, is if you cannot keep how you act here, from forging your future self, interfering with paying your bills and providing for those who will depend on you. If this is who you really are, we can only look the other way while you forge this into your future self. All of us have been at this juncture and paid the price, some more, some less.

We will keep a bottle of Bengay ready for you.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #253 on: January 24, 2015, 06:11:23 PM »
Dantoo is one of the best tactical flight leaders as well as strategic commanders in the game.  Always more than a pleasure working with him and his.

As it was always good to see you guys in our group.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #254 on: January 24, 2015, 06:15:00 PM »
See Rules #2, #4, #6
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:29:41 AM by Skuzzy »
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech