Author Topic: Players to admire  (Read 24049 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Players to admire
« Reply #600 on: February 15, 2015, 12:46:17 AM »
It is Hockey Season and you know how Silat gets when hockey is on :)

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #601 on: February 15, 2015, 12:51:25 AM »
 :lol
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #602 on: February 15, 2015, 01:14:38 AM »
I admire the guy that sticks to a middle of the road plane, something that doesnt have canons that take your wing off in 3 pings, something that's not ubber turner or ubber climber or ubber runner.

I dont have names. Who often flies a G6 for example. Or Akak in a P38. Lazer too.Hollywood, Oaktree, B2B all P47 dudes that I fight /fly with from time to time. I know Ammo is a squadie butI respect his stuff. Even in a D11 he will give you a fight. I guess I respect the likes of me. I fly a P47 because I love the machine, knowing its not glorious but I do my best with it. If I get shot down, so be it. Theres so much you can do in a P47.

Behavior is important. You can win 1 vs 5 in a Spit8 and Ill fail to be impress if all you do is run your mouth on 200.

So basically it's how you play ... what you fly and how a gentleman you are in and outside AH. It's my view, no hard feelings for the ones that love to buzz around furballs in D9 or win a turnfight in a KI84 and spread the cheese. To each is own.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 01:22:04 AM by SFRT - Frenchy »
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Zodiac

• Copper Member
« Reply #603 on: February 15, 2015, 03:55:57 PM »
We interrupt your currently scheduled mud slinging to bring you this message:

How did Crabby make someones admired list!?!?  :D

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

On a serious note: Little one keeping you busy enough Guppy?  :aok
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 03:58:05 PM by Zodiac »
Member DFC
Quote from: Skuzzy
No cookie for you.
Quote from: Wiley
If they want to run to their ack or friendlies that's fine.  It's up to me to catch them and not get killed in the process if I can.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #604 on: February 15, 2015, 04:11:05 PM »
We interrupt your currently scheduled mud slinging to bring you this message:

How did Crabby make someones admired list!?!?  :D

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

On a serious note: Little one keeping you busy enough Guppy?  :aok

Because I am delicious of course... You should know this!  :old:
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Zodiac

• Copper Member
« Reply #605 on: February 15, 2015, 04:17:51 PM »
Planning a return probably in the near future...the rust is terrible might need a few weeks in Crabbyland  :lol
Member DFC
Quote from: Skuzzy
No cookie for you.
Quote from: Wiley
If they want to run to their ack or friendlies that's fine.  It's up to me to catch them and not get killed in the process if I can.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #606 on: February 15, 2015, 04:31:39 PM »
I admire skinners first and foremost.  That is one hell of a tough job, believe me I know.

Then it is guys like BigR and some others who take the time to show a noob how things work.   I can't tell you how many times BigR has started fighting me when we are on the same side just to give me something to learn while we are CAPing a field waiting for Goons...

I also admire all of the guys in my squadron. We have a great time.  Always laugh.  And there is never a lack of helpful advice when it is sought out. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 04:40:00 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #607 on: February 15, 2015, 04:51:30 PM »
I admire skinners first and foremost.  That is one hell of a tough job, believe me I know.

Then it is guys like BigR and some others who take the time to show a noob how things work.   I can't tell you how many times BigR has started fighting me when we are on the same side just to give me something to learn while we are CAPing a field waiting for Goons...

I also admire all of the guys in my squadron. We have a great time.  Always laugh.  And there is never a lack of helpful advice when it is sought out. 

I am glad you are coming along in a great way Vraciu! yes BigR is one to be admired! an old fart , maybe? but one who CARES! about his community!

cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #608 on: February 15, 2015, 05:00:43 PM »
I am glad you are coming along in a great way Vraciu! yes BigR is one to be admired! an old fart , maybe? but one who CARES! about his community!

cheers

TC

I am trying.  Being surrounded by positive influences within my squadron (along with guys like BigR and the 4th FG folks who take me along as a wingman now and then) sure helps.

BigR is absolutely a great guy by any measure.   To ride in the cockpit and watch him go after LA-7s on the deck from a disadvantage in a Pony and win....whew.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 05:06:33 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #609 on: February 20, 2015, 11:01:24 AM »
KoW

Always a great fight.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #610 on: February 20, 2015, 12:17:19 PM »
 :police:
Top Gun

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #611 on: February 20, 2015, 02:07:43 PM »
anybody crazy enough to join a 242nd mission :devil :cheers:
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #612 on: February 20, 2015, 02:59:30 PM »
I admire the guy that sticks to a middle of the road plane, something that doesnt have canons that take your wing off in 3 pings, something that's not ubber turner or ubber climber or ubber runner.

Well said. The exception I think would be Bomber hunters. When Im in 26s, 17s, 24s,KI-67s...ect I have no problem with facing guys with BFGs cause I would want one to. Otherwise There are so many 15 to 30 eny planes just waiting for someone competent to jump into them.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #613 on: March 13, 2015, 02:31:51 PM »
In no particular order:

Laser
Karaya
Dodger
Nikonguy
GryBusey (talks smack but never personal)
Bruv119
SHawk
Latrobe
Shuffled
Silat
Lusche
And many others.
** ahem **

:)
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #614 on: March 13, 2015, 02:56:49 PM »
Last night I saw Latrobe fly a K4 right over the water into about 5 opponents while he was on his own. Theres a small group of players, whose names I wont mention, who do this kinda stuff and its just beautiful how they can bring out the best of an aircraft against multiple opponents. Maybe not with victory measured in perk points ; But "victory" measured with skilled flying. Against impossible odds they will stay alive, even scratching a kill or two, or three. How they keep that fighter plane maneuvering and alive is just beyond me while also keeping such a high level of S/A. The night before I saw someone in a KI-64 do almost the same tho I dont know who it was.

Its for this why I dont pick or at least ask permission before doing so. Because watching a truly skilled player is a pleasure in itself. And in an era of 5 eny B@Z'ers its even more of an enjoyment.

Often perk points dont mean a successful sortie. Often just flying well against skilled opponents brings its own "greater" reward.
Latrobe is crazy. .period  :devil :D
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait