Author Topic: Players to admire  (Read 23502 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Re: Players to admire
« Reply #510 on: February 03, 2015, 03:46:11 PM »
I believe you are only saying this because of certain topics that have came to light, Being a donut head in a Video game doesn't mean that you are like this in the Real World.

I am of the opinion that one should not be a different persona behind a monitor.  Your opinions, thoughts, and manner in AH should be the same as you intend to portray face to face.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #511 on: February 03, 2015, 03:47:35 PM »
QFT!
Minority?!?!! You and I know that isn't true...

HTC can we get a poll in the MA?

Is Skyyr a Dick?
Yes or No

Just because he's a Dick doesn't mean he is a bad stick or anything(Or that he is like this IRL). A lot of people called Richard Sherman an bellybutton hat after that interview, doesn't take away from his in game skill. But if you act like a dick, be ready to be called out on it. Don't try to play this card of, "oh you just can't handle competition". All of the most ADMIRED competitors gave credit when it was do and the certainly gave a good game afterwards.

He could be like RuMaL where you kill him and he says HO even though you are on his dead six :aok

HTC, we are allowed to say Dick right? Skuzzy said it first???
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #512 on: February 03, 2015, 03:54:40 PM »
So, keyboard warriors are ok now? It's ok to cause stress for other people who are playing a game to relieve stress? It's ok to cause stress just for the sake of causing stress? What are the benifits of stress? What good comes of it?
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #513 on: February 03, 2015, 04:04:55 PM »
I am of the opinion that one should not be a different persona behind a monitor.  Your opinions, thoughts, and manner in AH should be the same as you intend to portray face to face.

If they are a dick online, then they have to want to be a dick. That usually means that they have a tenancy to it in real life.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #514 on: February 03, 2015, 04:07:03 PM »
Again the same few ......people screw up another thread to voice their agenda. There is a "Congrats Musskies!" thread, why don't you go trash that one too.  :rolleyes:

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #515 on: February 03, 2015, 04:20:42 PM »
So, keyboard warriors are ok now? It's ok to cause stress for other people who are playing a game to relieve stress? It's ok to cause stress just for the sake of causing stress? What are the benifits of stress? What good comes of it?

You get stress from a video game???  :confused:
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #516 on: February 03, 2015, 04:29:50 PM »
If they are a dick online, then they have to want to be a dick. That usually means that they have a tenancy to it in real life.

Not true at all

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #517 on: February 03, 2015, 04:47:11 PM »
I believe you are only saying this because of certain topics that have came to light, Being a donut head in a Video game doesn't mean that you are like this in the Real World.
Look below and reread what Ghost said here, If you think about it and go back on past topics and threads about me AND a lot of others compared to now(Que Dayton gathering crew) They will tell you I am far from the person I use to act like back in 04-09, Times change I grew older and tired of Toying with all the hot shots that thought they were the best.

I will never forget it either, Can't really recall the person who stressed it to me but it went something like this " No matter how good you think you are no matter what, You are always going to have those bad days where you can't win every fight or be the best Pilot in the Game, Because on any given night if it be that person's A Game night you will lose" After that I gave up the whole chest pounding,counting Muppet scalps, or whoever else thought they could take me.

Just like Many others, Skyyr and The Damned have came to AH and yes they have made a name for themselves it may not be the name a MINORITY OF THE COMMUNITY WANTS THEM TO BE REMEMBERED FOR, But that is not you're guys choice to make. Those of you who are so quick to judge someone/Other who are different from you or you're thought's/Beliefs you guys belittle them and berate them for it.

I don't admire any of you, Not a single one that has posted such garbage about The Damned or anyone for that matter, Just because of the way they choose to play the game.

Those of you that lay claim that we should listen to you and try to grasp the concept of why you want us to Fly that particular way or play that particular way Just to please you and the MINORITY OF THE GAME, I am sorry but I am not here to please anyone except for my own sense of Joy and time of relaxation of Flying the Best Sim out.

And to Create some of the best memories with the peeps I enjoy flying with.  :salute :salute

QFT!

Doc I have to disagree.  This has never been about how he plays the game.  The thread is about people admired In Game.  It isn't about the Damned.  Too many good people were or are a part of that group.  Frankly it would have been nice if the late Poison hadn't been so thin skinned about how he plays the game that he felt the need in the ninth post in the thread to derail the good intentions of the OP by wanting to argue about flying styles.  Skyrr joined the parade to try and do the same and here we are.

The OP has every right to admire a player for the way he plays.  That doesn't mean he is taking a shot at anyone else. The Damned DFC or whatever it's called has gone out of thier way to keep the thread derailed.  If in fact they don't care what anyone thinks than why can't they leave the thread to its original intent.

And Doc I know you enough to know it does matter to you in how folks see you. 

Understand there is a huge difference in the guys who take shots at each other in fun and those who just act like idiots because they can. 
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #518 on: February 03, 2015, 04:49:52 PM »
Not true at all

I don't get out much, and I can usually spot a dick from 5 blocks away and make a point of avoiding them, so I'll just take your word for it.  ;)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #519 on: February 03, 2015, 04:54:56 PM »
I don't get out much, and I can usually spot a dick from 5 blocks away and make a point of avoiding them, so I'll just take your word for it.  ;)

I contend there are people that portray themselves completely different from their keyboard than they would face to face.  Those that are the same deek in their online persona as they are face to face I can't explain.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #520 on: February 03, 2015, 04:58:00 PM »
if someone wants a really good laugh...they should be able to find a certain AR-15 site with a certain member that is here.....

wow...talk about delusional....

and DrBone Unclebone which ever one you are..... :rofl :rofl :rofl that's priceless coming from you...just sayin. ;)

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #521 on: February 03, 2015, 05:02:28 PM »
Understand there is a huge difference in the guys who take shots at each other in fun and those who just act like idiots because they can.  

Aha! You see, there's a third group of people - those who take shots at others and then claim the "I was just kidding" defense when they get owned by someone else, namely the fourth type of player: those who have a "don't mess with me and I won't mess with you" mentality, but will not hesitate to fight fire with fire when messed with.

And Doc I know you enough to know it does matter to you in how folks see you.  

I doubt it. Even with my limited interactions with him, I know DrBone well enough to know what drives him. He's his own competitor, and he's always competing with himself to get better. Most people will never understand the endless self-driven endeavor of people like this, it's a persistence that simply won't die or go away.

Mess with someone like that, and they simply take that passion and aim it in your direction, partially because they think it's nice to have a change of pace, and partially because they enjoy seeing someone eat their words. And they won't let up until they're bored, because they don't care about things much to begin with.

People I admire ingame:

Kruel
TonyJoey
DrBone
GhostCDB
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 05:05:15 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #522 on: February 03, 2015, 05:26:27 PM »
<Salute> MY OWN ASS

See Rule #4

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #523 on: February 03, 2015, 06:07:17 PM »
Aha! You see, there's a third group of people - those who take shots at others and then claim the "I was just kidding" defense when they get owned by someone else, namely the fourth type of player: those who have a "don't mess with me and I won't mess with you" mentality, but will not hesitate to fight fire with fire when messed with.

I doubt it. Even with my limited interactions with him, I know DrBone well enough to know what drives him. He's his own competitor, and he's always competing with himself to get better. Most people will never understand the endless self-driven endeavor of people like this, it's a persistence that simply won't die or go away.

Mess with someone like that, and they simply take that passion and aim it in your direction, partially because they think it's nice to have a change of pace, and partially because they enjoy seeing someone eat their words. And they won't let up until they're bored, because they don't care about things much to begin with.

People I admire ingame:

Kruel
TonyJoey
DrBone
GhostCDB

Now that you finally seem to understand the aim of this thread, does that mean you are done polluting it?

As for Doc, we will have to disagree.  I think better of him
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #524 on: February 03, 2015, 07:13:54 PM »
Minority?!?!! You and I know that isn't true...

HTC can we get a poll in the MA?

Is Skyyr a Dick?
Yes or No

Just because he's a Dick doesn't mean he is a bad stick or anything(Or that he is like this IRL). A lot of people called Richard Sherman an bellybutton hat after that interview, doesn't take away from his in game skill. But if you act like a dick, be ready to be called out on it. Don't try to play this card of, "oh you just can't handle competition". All of the most ADMIRED competitors gave credit when it was do and the certainly gave a good game afterwards.

He could be like RuMaL where you kill him and he says HO even though you are on his dead six :aok

HTC, we are allowed to say Dick right? Skuzzy said it first???

Pyro