Author Topic: Players to admire  (Read 23504 times)

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
Re: Players to admire
« Reply #570 on: February 05, 2015, 06:01:13 PM »
BangsBox, i like that guy...I just wish he didnt get married.

AnglEyes, he was one of the most fun guys to fly with in my many years playing AH  ("kill the evil-doers"). I wonder what happen to him.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #571 on: February 05, 2015, 09:18:09 PM »
:lol

Plenty years of playing is a contribution, who would've thought I've been contributing by just playing a game. Not to mention the few new guys I come across that I try to help out, but hey I don't contribute at all. Although I can't say I have had minimal obnoxious behavior, I've contributed just as much as you if that is your big "contribution" list.

You're trying to silence garbage? Sounds productive and sounds like you gain contributor points for doing so, where do I sign up?

What is WoW?

You're very welcome  :D

Lazer has done more for this game than you ever will and it isn't even close.   But you are right on one thing, you are obnoxious.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #572 on: February 05, 2015, 09:34:35 PM »
Guess being well known amongst the community and well liked means you contributed more to the game.  :lol

Ghost has done more for the Game in the past few years than Most who are posting in this thread.

edit: So we don't get off Track, I admire these groups in particular.

JG11-Stampf
The Loose Deuce-Dhyran,and Save
The Few-Bruv,and Kazaa
Rolling Thunder mob is what I believe they changed it too.  KillrDan
The Damned Both old and New, Skyyr,Kruel, and TC.
Pigs On the Wing- Waystin2,Bustr and Razor

« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 09:38:21 PM by DrBone1 »
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #573 on: February 05, 2015, 09:49:02 PM »
Guess being well known amongst the community and well liked means you contributed more to the game.  :lol

Ghost has done more for the Game in the past few years than Most who are posting in this thread.

Wrong on both accounts.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #574 on: February 05, 2015, 09:59:22 PM »
Plenty of years playing, helping new guys, and minimal obnoxious behavior while doing so.  

But I wont go there, with you, here.

Just trying to silence the garbage in yet ANOTHER thread that had good intention,  until a select few trash it.

Kinda funny coming from the guy who has been whining/crying in game and on the BBS for the past 2 weeks, Maybe you should take up on you're own advice and walk away from the computer for a few days.
=The Damned=
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #575 on: February 05, 2015, 10:00:14 PM »

Waystin2

That's a hard guy not to like, he's the "Nicest Guy in Aces High"!!!! :rock :rock :rock

Razor on the other hand is a big ole A HOLE. He flies easy mode planes(30+ eny) and thinks he's better looking then me just because he's like 20 years older and has more hair on his head....
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #576 on: February 05, 2015, 10:03:56 PM »
Copy that Junky, Never seen a foul word from either Waystin or Razor even when provoked.

Both Stand up Gents!  :salute :salute
=The Damned=

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #577 on: February 05, 2015, 10:05:29 PM »
I remember some good fights with Agent360 while in my bombers. Always a gentleman to discuss an after action with.

He spent a lot of time in the DA perfecting his craft. Gotta respect guys like that, who DA a lot to hone skill. I'd have been better off following their example. At one time the DA was a real happening place.

To me the ultimate adversary to a Bomber set was/is Lusche. He's the most skilled attacker of Bombers Ive ever encountered.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 10:07:42 PM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #578 on: February 05, 2015, 10:09:21 PM »
I remember some good fights with Agent360 while in my bombers. Always a gentleman to discuss an after action with.

He spent a lot of time in the DA perfecting his craft. Gotta respect guys like that, who DA a lot to hone skill. I'd have been better off following their example. At one time the DA was a real happening place.

To me the ultimate adversary to a Bomber set was/is Lusche. He's the most skilled attacker of Bombers Ive ever encountered.

Agent is a great guy...I am honored to know him.

tenacious as they come :aok

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #579 on: February 05, 2015, 10:17:57 PM »

Doc, don't misunderstand this, but neither of you have been around long enough to make that comment.  In the overall scheme of things, you are a relative newbie to the AH Community that stretches back to both the Warbirds and Airwarrior communities.  I go back to 1996 and compared to some folks, I'm a newbie.  Fair or not folks earn thier place in the community over time most often by what they bring to the game and community.

As strange as it seems it goes beyond the game with the friendships you build. If you are lucky it goes beyond squads or country affiliation.  You find that you know about people families, how thier kids are doing, the new job, or how school is going.  That's the best part of it all along with that shared interest in the history.

We all poke at each other when the situation calls for it, but most know where and when it is appropriate and when it's not.  In the end that's what happened here.  This wasn't the thread to derail for what ever reason as the OP's intent was a good one.  It wasn't self serving, but just a wish to acknowledge folks who he admired in game.  Fair or unfair the Damned DFC decided to make it about them.

It would have been far better just to start a Damned DFC thread separately if stirring things up was what they wanted to do.  Wouldn't have been the first squad to do it or the last no doubt.

So write it off to the BBS learning curve of knowing how to operate and do it better next time :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #580 on: February 06, 2015, 12:34:51 AM »
Doc, don't misunderstand this, but neither of you have been around long enough to make that comment.  In the overall scheme of things, you are a relative newbie to the AH Community that stretches back to both the Warbirds and Airwarrior communities.  I go back to 1996 and compared to some folks, I'm a newbie.  Fair or not folks earn thier place in the community over time most often by what they bring to the game and community.

As strange as it seems it goes beyond the game with the friendships you build. If you are lucky it goes beyond squads or country affiliation.  You find that you know about people families, how thier kids are doing, the new job, or how school is going.  That's the best part of it all along with that shared interest in the history.

We all poke at each other when the situation calls for it, but most know where and when it is appropriate and when it's not.  In the end that's what happened here.  This wasn't the thread to derail for what ever reason as the OP's intent was a good one.  It wasn't self serving, but just a wish to acknowledge folks who he admired in game.  Fair or unfair the Damned DFC decided to make it about them.

It would have been far better just to start a Damned DFC thread separately if stirring things up was what they wanted to do.  Wouldn't have been the first squad to do it or the last no doubt.

So write it off to the BBS learning curve of knowing how to operate and do it better next time :aok
:aok

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #581 on: February 06, 2015, 12:54:42 AM »
I admire all the players that are cool
That's most..
The odd ones I don't admire...
Odd as in few not odd..we all are odd
A few are tools but I try to make em  laugh..
Some need to lighten up..Francis. .
But most you mofos are cool and up for a fight and a banter
《S》THE community
it's why we're here
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #582 on: February 06, 2015, 06:09:01 AM »
I have been here since early 2002-2015, I would say that's a long time to be here and involved with one community.

Whether I am accepted into this(community)=(MINORITY COMMUNITY) of people who wish to blatantly disrespect/Troll or berate others in any way shape or form is only showing me how you treat others out side of this game if they do not share you're beliefs.

I look at the whole picture, Just like I did with my Damned DFC troll thread. I loved how so many people thought I was trolling The Damned, When in fact it was all those who were finding some way of disrespecting such a great new addition to the community (Skyyr,Kruel and the rest of the Damned) You people wonder why were losing Players, How can you expect people to play this game for some enjoyment when you have a Minority running around saying "This is how you are suppose to play the game and treat others while doing it" I love the hypocrisy that comes of it.

Edit: I won't let another post force my hands in this Thread again, Apologies.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 06:10:43 AM by DrBone1 »
=The Damned=

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #583 on: February 06, 2015, 06:59:12 AM »

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #584 on: February 06, 2015, 07:03:50 AM »
BangsBox, i like that guy...I just wish he didnt get married.

AnglEyes, he was one of the most fun guys to fly with in my many years playing AH  ("kill the evil-doers"). I wonder what happen to him.

PM sent
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...