Author Topic: Patriots caught cheating again?  (Read 3026 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Patriots caught cheating again?
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2015, 01:10:18 PM »
Found the explanation on this issue to be fairly interesting.  Not sure how reputable they are, but they have been in business about a year...

http://www.headsmartlabs.com/

That was an interesting find, Bodhi.   I think the results must be reproducible to be valid.   Also, we'd need a way to account for that 12th ball that didn't deflate as the other 11 did, and of course all the Colts' balls, which apparently remained at the proper inflation level during the game.

I could speculate that the 12th ball was accidentally over-inflated, and then it dropped into an acceptable range while the other 11 dropped below.   And, maybe the Colt's personnel inflated their balls outside using 50 degree air, so no temperature-induced deflation occurred?   

It could also be that if temperature-induced deflation is real, that the Patriots' equipment staff could be well aware of it, and knowing that Brady prefers under-inflated balls, intentionally inflated them indoors so they would deflate when exposed to the cooler outside temperatures? 

Still, the Patriots used balls that did not comply with the NFL's prescribed rules governing pressure, and so I'd would be really surprised if there wasn't a $25,000 fine against the team and some people on the Patriots' staff receiving some kind of disciplinary action.

<shrug> We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2015, 05:29:34 PM »
I don't know Oboe.  We'll have to wait to see what the NFL says. 

Either way, this whole incident was handled piss poorly and that in and of itself is sad.  Too many willing to assess guilt without knowing the facts or the results of the investigation.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2015, 06:27:01 PM »
Im glad I like Hockey so much cause the NFL is really starting to turn me off.

Once again Belichick is either Lieing, cheating, or both. The game itself has gone gangster and the players have no class "with exceptions". The commissioner is a moron. The penalty flags pop like popcorn every game you watch, you cant even hit the QB. It just seems less and less one see's a game worth watching.

NE hasnt won a SB since they were caught cheating with video tape taping other teams signals coming from the other teams bench. And instead of just having the one radio channel to Brady's Helmet allowed by the league the NEPs had more. So they would tape the other teams signals and develop a video library of them, transmitting to Brady on an unsecured , secret radio channel. Even screaming to him during a play who what receiver was open at the moment. So they knew what the other team was going to do before they did it and transmitted by radio when in fact the radio was supposed to be turned off by the NFL 15 seconds before the play clock went "0".

No wonder Goodall fined Balichick 4 days after he found out and destroyed the tapes right away. This was the worst case of cheating ever in the NFL. He had to make it go away. And now they are maneuvering to make this ball pressure thing go away on the eve on the SB when any moron realizes someone in the Pats organization got their hands on the balls, deflated them the way Brady likes, and made sure they got in the game when they were supposed to. The only ones keeping this story alive is the media. The NFL wants it to go away and the fans dont really care. We are Lied to and cheated every day so whats another Balichick caper?

I bet I watched less NFL this year since I was overseas for 18 mos when we couldnt even get it. The game and the League have no class anymore. If theres a hockey game on I think I'll even pass on the SB.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2015, 06:32:12 PM »
I heard that the Blackhawks deflate their pucks.  :uhoh

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2015, 07:02:47 PM »
I heard that the Blackhawks deflate their pucks.  :uhoh

we used to play with tennis balls instead of pucks.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2015, 07:44:17 PM »

We used to throw rocks at each other. Last man not stoned won.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2015, 08:08:46 PM »

I used to do that, too, when we played street hockey.  :aok

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2015, 08:11:21 PM »

And we used to do that, too!  We had to stop when one of the kids had to get stitches in his head, which caused our parents to find out and put a stop to it (at least when played in our back yards).  Then we moved on to dirt-clod fights in locations away from our own back yards.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2015, 10:03:13 PM »
rich46yo, So glad you know all those things, since obviously, facts and the subsequent investigation don't support it.  But hey, witch hunts are prevalent and the norm of justice these days when it comes to allegations. 
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2015, 10:13:12 PM »
Sounds like they've identified a person of interest.   A lowly locker room attendant allegedly removed NE's balls from the officials locker room, and may not have taken them directly to the field.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-investigating-patriots-locker-room-attendant-for-deflategate/ar-AA8BMMr?ocid=iehp

EDIT:  LOL now they're saying its a non-story - the guy in question took both teams' balls into a bathroom for 90 seconds.     

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 11:06:04 PM by oboe »

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2015, 10:29:17 PM »

Wouldnt the last man not stoned lost?  ;)
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women