Author Topic: Installed SSD-AHII Path  (Read 524 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Installed SSD-AHII Path
« on: January 30, 2015, 08:48:08 PM »
I just installed an SSD, but I keep my games on an internal HDD drive. [J:] Drive
Should I install AHII to the SSD, since that is now my C: drive, or will it be OK to install it on my HDD [J:] Drive?

Thanks.
Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Installed SSD-AHII Path
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 10:41:47 PM »
Either location will work. I'm sure you realize it will load a little faster from C. I have AH on an SSD and don't notice any difference once it's running.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 07:40:07 AM »
I think Skuzzy said something about NOT loading the game on to a SSD drive due to the rewrites the game does to files. Most players report no issues that I've seen, but well its up to you.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 03:32:28 PM »
I'll try the game on the hdd then.  I thought if the drive letter was not C:, then the game may not work properly.
We shall see.

Thanks
Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 10:47:28 PM »
It'll work fine even without the C: in the path - just remember if your doing updates etc, to change the update install path to the correct drive letter.

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.