Author Topic: The future looks promising for HTC and Aces High  (Read 940 times)

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
The future looks promising for HTC and Aces High
« on: February 06, 2015, 10:12:17 PM »
With a massive overhaul on graphics bringing new life to the game it's encouraging to see HTC bring on HOP. I can understand the lack of desire to expand this game beyond its glory days. Taking on too much can not only kill a game but a company as well. Something is different these days despite a lack of good communication from the top. I can't even describe how it feels to see a new post on FB of these alpha images being released. The game needs new blood and more players period. Want this game to keep getting better HTC needs the opportunity to make a lot of money and a larger player base makes that possible. Please keep us posted as much as possible on how alpha is going. Even if it's a screen shot here and there or a small milestone being reached in development. Maybe a bug discovered and corrected. It's fun for us to hear this stuff. Hate to see this game die off anytime in the future. With what I'm seeing now from HTC that idea is fading fast and the hope of greatness lasting a generation or two gets brighter & brighter.
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: The future looks promising for HTC and Aces High
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 11:04:26 PM »
 :aok

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 11:25:45 AM »
http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/02/06/wargaming-disbands-warplanes-dev-studio-fires-staff/

This is encouraging....they tried to take their tank approach to the air....failed miserably. From what I've read, the WT's attempt to do similar is going the same route
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 03:21:39 PM »
http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/02/06/wargaming-disbands-warplanes-dev-studio-fires-staff/

This is encouraging....they tried to take their tank approach to the air....failed miserably. From what I've read, the WT's attempt to do similar is going the same route

Even 9 year olds eventually catch onto literal crap...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 04:58:08 PM »
Thing is, i cant play WoT with anyone whos playing the consol versions.

Right now i just got out of a tank match (war thunder) with a buddy whos playing on his play station 4. methinks in the future all games will need to be backwards compatable or at least allow players from all platforms to play together.

Right now most players want instant gratification, they pick it up, try it out and put it down 5 minutes later, gone are the days of "simulation" buffs. Right now everyone who started out in aces high,and warbirds ect. are 30-50 years old. Raising familys or moving them out. That means most of the "new" payer base will be cell phone/smart phone addicted kids, who care more about checking a text then flying a plane for 20 minutes just to find a single enemy.

Right now a 12 year old can log onto steam, download the game play for free and get instant satisfaction (and kills)

OR, they can search the internet and maybe run across aces high and the likes, download it, play for two weeks free (hardly enough to learn aces high) get bored,and pay the 15$ a month. IF they want to play more.

Yes i know old guys (i would rather pay 15$ and keep the riff raft out) but guess what? If you charge 15$ to get into your bar or club, and next door is free, guess whos gonna have more $ to buy drinks? ;)

Guess its just the time's. Simulation was so 1990's, click the battle button and go go go!! ;)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 05:12:46 PM by BaDkaRmA158Th »
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 05:09:09 PM »
Also it has a HUGE amount to do with the crowd in aces high (those 1999 elite vets), for the most part its always been "shut up, sit down and play, if you don't like it, leave" well guess what folks, they left.

:salute
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 05:17:36 PM »
You find that atmosphere in any community that has an established history. OTOH not every established community has as many people as willing to help.
-AoM-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 05:22:02 PM »
Also it has a HUGE amount to do with the crowd in aces high (those 1999 elite vets), for the most part its always been "shut up, sit down and play, if you don't like it, leave" well guess what folks, they left.