Author Topic: Beating a dead horse ?  (Read 13195 times)

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Re: Beating a dead horse ?
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2015, 06:38:40 AM »
Just to point out how ridiculous this is getting....This HQ is totally undefendable... I'ts so easy to evade radar, pull out of NOE and have enough time to get alt over the target before anyone could ever hope to get to you. Even worse is that its incredibly hard to re-sup. This is not fun..this is a chore. No one wants to play a game that feels more like work than fun. An easy stopgap thats been mentioned plenty of times before is to turn up the hardness of HQ.  If it just took 2 sets, that would be much easier for me to stomach. At least it would require some sort of teamwork and planning.

(Image removed from quote.)
yep, this is the worst map for HQ defence/resup; should have a SAM runway next to HQ; the whole map is unfairly made, the south side even worst; I still like it because is small  ,hot fights ,short frontline ,works with low #:::,anyway with this  bs win war settings favoring large maps, doesn't last more than few hours.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 06:41:20 AM by ghi »

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2015, 07:08:55 AM »
When logged in hq was down so I started hq resupply.   When it went off the second time I logged off. 

Add to that the eny was high so on a base defense that was deak'ed and being vulched you could not get out a warble.  The m16 is good with the ak up but doesn't stand much of a chance by itself.  Lots of tower people which doesn't make sense.

One guy was pleading on country buffer for gv supplies so he could take down the bish hq in revenge.  txt replies I saw were against his taking down the bish hq.

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2015, 11:09:33 AM »
Just got out of MA - HQ  down . . . Again  this is getting to be ridiculous, if a games is no fun is it any wonder people find something else to do ?

Been around since AW but this is becoming to big of a pain, to often.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2015, 11:25:13 AM »
Maybe it's a difficult proposition to change this setting and HT is just too tied up with other things to do fix it right now. That simple explanation would work for me in the hopes that it would change in the future. But the complete lack of feedback from HT is disturbing considering a large part of the player population hates it so much that they are logging of and canceling their subscriptions. I used to be able to just power through the HQ down times and help resupply but, the more it happens, the more I get disgusted with it and just log off. This "dead horse" needs continuous beating until the issue is at least acnowledged IMO.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2015, 01:20:52 PM »
login as admin, change HQ hardiness, post a line here and we're done. 5 minutes max. HTC this is borderline disrespectful for your customers.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2015, 01:40:55 PM »
You have 0 kills in Me163 ,you did zero to defend your HQ/ radar, and most of the guys complaining in this thread except Snailman......

You completely missed the point... which explains everything bad about AH.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2015, 01:54:01 PM »
Let's see, played all day Sunday and Knights had no HQ when I logged in.  It took 15 to 20 minutes and it was back up.  Defended the HQ area from then on and it never went down again.  Oh wait, I must be wrong since it is impossible to defend.

login as admin, change HQ hardiness, post a line here and we're done. 5 minutes max. HTC this is borderline disrespectful for your customers.

Stop it.

And you guys threatening to "call out" guys on your own team that are heading to hit HQ, Stop it.

Come on.  Have you given any thought that all this whining is just feeding the Trolls who only play to make others miserable?
Now that you all have made it clear ad infinitum how much you hate losing HQ, that's where the griefers will head.

Kill those griefers over and over and they stop coming, guess you will have to take my word for it.  I do this thing where I kill the first 2 buffs in a set, and most of the time let the last one go, if he has dropped his bombs.  If you are bombing HQ, you will not be saluted and let go, I will not break off, I will call out on country channel and get help to make sure you not only don't get to drop HQ, you certainly do not get to fly home after your fruitless effort.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 02:20:20 PM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2015, 01:57:24 PM »
It needs to get changed.

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2015, 02:03:24 PM »
Let's see, played all day Sunday and Knights had no HQ when I logged in.  It took 15 to 20 minutes and it was back up.  Defended the HQ area from then on and it never went down again.  Oh wait, I must be wrong since it is impossible to defend.

Stop it.

And you guys threatening to "call out" guys on your own team that are heading to hit HQ, Stop it.

Come on.  Have you given any thought that all this whining is just feeding the Trolls who only play to make others miserable?
Now that you all have made it clear ad infinitum how much you hate losing HQ, that's where the griefers will head.

man you should try a game that's actually fun at times, you'll realize then how adsurd this post is.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2015, 02:55:13 PM »
It does seem like changing the hardness setting would be the thing to do until a defense structure could be built into the map.  The dar is an important factor in selecting the style air war you want to join.  If we had 600 people then the dar needs would go down . . . but we don't. 

The dar does help create hordes but a horde is a glen in one players eye and the red eye of the butt in another.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2015, 03:02:14 PM »
man you should try a game that's actually fun at times, you'll realize then how adsurd this post is.

I had a blast, all day, plenty to do.  What's absurd is deciding your miserable "because" of something.  Maybe you are miserable because that's just the kind of person you are.

I wouldn't play this game if it was not fun.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2015, 03:29:56 PM »
Maybe you are miserable because that's just the kind of person you are.

:huh

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2015, 03:45:27 PM »
what do u do when the plumber shows up dayum..
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2015, 02:08:15 PM »
I had a blast, all day, plenty to do.  What's absurd is deciding your miserable "because" of something.  Maybe you are miserable because that's just the kind of person you are.

I wouldn't play this game if it was not fun.

Im sorry...its really not fun to constantly guard the HQ. One person should not be able to dictate the flow of the entire map. You take a good look at the screen shot i posted and tell me how we are supposed to defend that without having some guy constantly flying over the HQ. Who the heck wants to do that?? What if no raid comes for an hour. You have a guy just up in the air wasting his limited amount of game time waiting for an attack that might never come. That would be great in real life or an FSO, but this is a freaking game. I love taking a 163 up and attacking bombers, but I am not going to do that unless i know that they are actually there. There is no way im going to just up and hope someone will happen by at some point. NOT FUN. People want action.

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2015, 03:09:54 PM »
One person should not be able to dictate the flow of the entire map.

What about the many that didn't guard or watch the HQ? Do they not have some part in the "flow of the entire map" too?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301