Author Topic: Beating a dead horse ?  (Read 13198 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Beating a dead horse ?
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2015, 03:16:41 PM »
What about the many that didn't guard or watch the HQ? Do they not have some part in the "flow of the entire map" too?

On many maps, "guarding the HQ" woul mean flying cap over it for a con  that might or might not show up. On most others, it would at least require sitting in the tower to take off at a moments notice.

Who's going to do that? Especially during off hours, when you often can have as few as 8-12 active players on your side. Which also means that you can mostly forget about HQ resupply as well.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2015, 03:23:33 PM »
What about the many that didn't guard or watch the HQ? Do they not have some part in the "flow of the entire map" too?

So you're saying people should have to loiter over the HQ at all times, or sit in tower and wait for the opportune moment to up 163s if it happens to be one of the maps that gives you enough warning?  Maybe have a phone app so people can have that open waiting for an alert, in the meantime they can do something else with their computer that they find entertaining.

I had a blast, all day, plenty to do.  What's absurd is deciding your miserable "because" of something.  Maybe you are miserable because that's just the kind of person you are.

I wouldn't play this game if it was not fun.

Dude, I get it, but we are highly abnormal when it comes to our gameplay.  I'd bet there are only about a dozen people in the game that actually enjoy doing what we do, and many of them not all the time.  It's either hope one of those people are on, do something most people find boring, or lose dar at the moment.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2015, 03:28:33 PM »

Dude, I get it, but we are highly abnormal when it comes to our gameplay.  I'd bet there are only about a dozen people in the game that actually enjoy doing what we do, and many of them not all the time.  It's either hope one of those people are on, do something most people find boring, or lose dar at the moment.

Wiley.

i agree we are abnormal but I think the 'dozen" you guessed at is probably more like 5 :)

I think I am more abnormal than you are btw.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2015, 03:29:51 PM »
I'm more curios about why people don't want the HQ changed. Everyone who has been lobbying for the change in hardness have given their reasons as to why they feel it should be changed. Quite frankly, they have made a very strong point and I currently agree with them.

The opposition however has given no solid reason as to why the HQ should not be hardened (and no, saying "just defend the HQ" is not a valid argument in this situation). Until someone can give a good reason as to why the HQ should not be hardened, I'm going to continue beating this horse carcass with everyone else.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2015, 03:33:21 PM »
Also, just so we are clear, I completely agree that I would like some changes to the game regarding the HQ vulnerability, and I agree that we should voice our concerns to HTC in a courteous manner.  In the mean time however I think we should all remember as gameplay changes we may need to adjust how we play the game from time to time.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2015, 06:50:07 PM »
 HQ just went down in  MA   on my way to see what is on tv. 

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2015, 06:58:45 PM »
HQ just went down in  MA   on my way to see what is on tv.

Same here.. wasnt the first time today. 

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: February 17, 2015, 07:31:06 PM »
bye bye all....its just not fun anymore.......I hope they make some changes in the new version...... :old:

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2015, 08:19:25 PM »
Got on 5 min ago,  HQ (country dar) down 2 min later.  Off to do something else. Hope they do domething soon about this no dar- it absolutely takes all the fun out of the game.

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2015, 08:40:58 PM »
 Just came from MA,rooks 20 + players more then knights,rolling fields allmost to our HQ.
I notice that someone just hit their city to 61 % so i roll a set of lancs and climb to 20k,flying though many active base radar rings no less then 6 sectors
and hit rook HQ  down time 91 min  :ahand

THEY HAD PLENTY OF TIME TO SEE ME COMING AND STOP ME  but they choose not to.

End result,they stopped rolling our bases and now we are on the offense,it has its strategic value,so stop crying about it.
 The game revolves around a "win the map " game play,HQ is a part of that.

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Bobcat81

• Copper Member
« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2015, 08:55:54 PM »
I just logged on account of our hq going down for the 3rd time in an hour. And yes, we were defending it. Flying circles around 1 area chasing a red dar bar and resupping hq just aint fun. Not crying, just offering my point of view.
-VIKING9- anti-horde
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - My Hero
Complacency is death.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2015, 09:19:25 PM »
Hardening the HQ would stop a single player from knocking it out with a single set of lancs. It would require at least 2 people to fly to the HQ together and knock it out, requiring some concerted effort in the way of teamwork (which if I'm not mistaken, is what this game is supposed to revolve around.).

This would also work to create more activity at the HQ when it's being attacked. The defending party would have more planes to shoot at while defending.

The main idea behind buffing the HQ is to significantly decrease the frequency that it goes down.

I can still remember a time, not so long ago when the HQ almost never went down!  :old:

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2015, 09:25:54 PM »

THEY HAD PLENTY OF TIME TO SEE ME COMING AND STOP ME  but they choose not to.

A big BS on this.  We upped 2 of the times but could not get up to alt before the damage was done and hq went down.  The third time they bailed.  Was that you?

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2015, 10:10:08 PM »
nope wasent me,like i said,i flew through 4 of your radar rings to get there,more then enough time to climb to 20 k in any decent fighter and definatly enough time to get there in a 163

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #134 on: February 20, 2015, 12:19:40 PM »
nope wasent me,like i said,i flew through 4 of your radar rings to get there,more then enough time to climb to 20 k in any decent fighter and definatly enough time to get there in a 163
Unfortunately that's the exception not the rule Cobia. When this feature was introduced I was all for it because I think there needs to be a strategic aspect to the game and a good target for the bomber guys. The problem is simply the ease at which a single player can accomplish this. Your example illustrates it perfectly. A good reason you may have not been intercepted is guys like me just don't see any reason to bother trying anymore because the effort is usually rewarded by a bailer either before he gets to target or shortly after he succeeds. Then you have the guys who get those buffs above 30k and, even the fastest piston powered plane to see combat, ends up in a hopeless tail chase putting you firmly in the tail gunner sights. Since its usually the side getting ganged who has the HQ down the most and the longest, the result is players get out of fighting aircraft for resupply or simply log off in disgust leaving the ganged team even worse off not only in number of fighting aircraft and vehicles but with the additional problem of where to send what few resources left available. And all of that can be caused by a single player who doesn't even have to pay a perk price to do it. At the very minimum HQ should require every single bomb from a set of B-29s to bring it down. Even a lowly small airfield requires more effort to and skill to shut down.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.