Author Topic: Beating a dead horse ?  (Read 13202 times)

Offline maxy

• Copper Member
Re: Beating a dead horse ?
« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2015, 12:47:24 PM »
if HQ can be taken down by 1 person ( 1 set of buffs ) ,  then why not make it repairable by 3 field supply boxes ? seems like an easy fix

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2015, 01:09:28 PM »
Get rid of field supplies. Resupplying is boring and not fun.

I quit resupplying.

When dar goes down, I go to MW or ww1.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2015, 01:24:58 PM »
I don't care if HQ goes down when you've been alone for a little while. By then you already know where the fights are and it is more irritating than anything else.

What really stinks is logging ON to find the HQ down. It makes finding the fights more akin to playing 'Where's Waldo'.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2015, 01:40:58 PM »
HQ down time is a common complaint.  The two solutions are tweak the game or change human nature so people don't mind how it works now.

One of those solutions is viable and the other is not.

If people drive a 12' tall truck or camper under your 11' tall bridge once a month, no matter how many signs and flashing lights you put up,  eventually its just easier on everyone involved to put in a 14' bridge.

No radar, losing bases, getting surprised by a horde I didn't know was coming and searching for fights without dar isn't a big deal to me.  Frustrated people logging off when numbers are already low is the part that matters.
AMAX  in game

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2015, 02:29:15 PM »

eventually its just easier on everyone involved to put in a 14' bridge.

Unless one simply doesn't feel like doing it.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2015, 02:32:56 PM »
Why hasnt any HTC staff member posted a reply in this thread?  A lot of these people that arent happy with hq settings are the same ones that have been supporting you guys for years.  We appreciate your hard work on the new version,  but please dont chase of the limited numbers of vets still around. :salute :cheers:

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2015, 02:35:33 PM »
Why hasnt any HTC staff member posted a reply in this thread?  A lot of these people that arent happy with hq settings are the same ones that have been supporting you guys for years.  We appreciate your hard work on the new version,  but please dont chase of the limited numbers of vets still around. :salute :cheers:

How is this any different than the 12 hour rule?  I'm simply making a point, I'm not attempting to reinvigorate the issue and subsequent decision.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2015, 02:39:30 PM »
I don't care if HQ goes down when you've been alone for a little while. By then you already know where the fights are and it is more irritating than anything else.

What really stinks is logging ON to find the HQ down. It makes finding the fights more akin to playing 'Where's Waldo'.

Same thing applies when you are coming off a mission or even a round of GV fun.   You don't have much to go on to find a fight.  The MA can be extremely dynamic at times.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2015, 02:48:55 PM »
This HQ thing to me is a wee bit bigger of a deal.  I fly for the same reasons as you change,  and that time limit rule doesnt bother much at all,  or at least a lot less than being blind,  and forced to truck supplies around when I logged in to fight.  Flying a goon just pisses me off by itself.  :D

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2015, 02:56:01 PM »
This HQ thing blows. I'd much rather see a reformed strats game where hitting strats, and Im talking all kinda strats, will have much impact on the game and thus make their defense worthwhile.

But HQ bombing? To let one HQ clown impact so many players and interrupt their Aces High fun is ridiculous. To let one guy drop a sides dar and bar is silly.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2015, 04:00:32 PM »

Has anyone sent HTC an email asking about an answer?

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2015, 04:47:20 PM »
Has anyone sent HTC an email asking about an answer?

I sent an email a few weeks ago, just in case the powers that be are unaware of the problem. 

The issue people are missing is that even if the HQ is hardened (which of course it should be):
once the HQ does get dropped, the same people unhappy with resupplying will be in the same boat.

The whole "HQ down = radar down" concept is flawed for the main arena. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2015, 05:08:43 PM »
  Seriously  this is the second time today country dar went down.  So im out, stopped in here to see if anything is going to be done.  No country dar = no fun = find something else to do.

I wonder how a newbie would be able to figure out what was going on.

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2015, 05:09:31 PM »
  Seriously  this is the second time today country dar went down.  So im out, stopped in here to see if anything is going to be done.  No country dar = no fun = find something else to do.

I wonder how a newbie would be able to figure out what was going on.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #149 on: February 20, 2015, 05:17:09 PM »
I sent an email a few weeks ago, just in case the powers that be are unaware of the problem. 

The issue people are missing is that even if the HQ is hardened (which of course it should be):
once the HQ does get dropped, the same people unhappy with resupplying will be in the same boat.

The whole "HQ down = radar down" concept is flawed for the main arena.

I would think that if a number of players are making the run to HQ it would get noticed more and so more would try to defend it. I don't know, maybe we are all too busy "fighting" to pay attention to HQ raiders, but it should be worth a shot as a test for no other reason.

Make it hard enough that 3 players have to hit it, or two players with PERFECT hits, and if after a week or two HQ is down just as much HTC can say "SEE!"  :neener: