Author Topic: Beating a dead horse ?  (Read 13210 times)

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Re: Beating a dead horse ?
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2015, 06:45:36 PM »
Just came from MA,rooks 20 + players more then knights,rolling fields allmost to our HQ.
I notice that someone just hit their city to 61 % so i roll a set of lancs and climb to 20k,flying though many active base radar rings no less then 6 sectors
and hit rook HQ  down time 91 min  :ahand

THEY HAD PLENTY OF TIME TO SEE ME COMING AND STOP ME  but they choose not to.

End result,they stopped rolling our bases and now we are on the offense,it has its strategic value,so stop crying about it.
 The game revolves around a "win the map " game play,HQ is a part of that.
Logged into rookland and HQ was already down - I guess I should have logged in earlier to defend it. Took a 262 and circled infront of the HQ in case more bombers are ib. After 20 minutes gave up, sweeped all the way to the bish base they were coming from and went to find other targets. HQ came back up and down again a few minutes later. I guess I should have circled HQ for the full hour just in case someone was IB.

You win the war by taking bases from the enemy players, not by taking bases from the enemy players that logged out.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2015, 07:57:57 PM »
Why hasnt any HTC staff member posted a reply in this thread?  A lot of these people that arent happy with hq settings are the same ones that have been supporting you guys for years.  We appreciate your hard work on the new version,  but please dont chase of the limited numbers of vets still around. :salute :cheers:
Either there's a fix for it in the new version or they simply couldn't care less about our opinions. They read these forums. They know what's up. I don't recall them weighing in on any of the threads about HQ/darbar. Perhaps its policy not to comment on certain things but the silence is disturbing considering how much it is upsetting many of the well respected, long time, core players.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2015, 08:37:50 PM »
3rd time ive tried to play today and now no country dar Again.  Well I think there is something on tv about building café racers.  Check back later -  maybe.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2015, 08:55:34 PM »
This HQ thing to me is a wee bit bigger of a deal.  I fly for the same reasons as you change,  and that time limit rule doesnt bother much at all,  or at least a lot less than being blind,  and forced to truck supplies around when I logged in to fight.  Flying a goon just pisses me off by itself.  :D

I hear ya lima Charlie...but the fact remains that you don't HAVE to pissant supps...that may be the view taken here.  I don't know.  The silence is deafening.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #154 on: February 21, 2015, 12:32:48 PM »
Either there's a fix for it in the new version or they simply couldn't care less about our opinions. They read these forums. They know what's up. I don't recall them weighing in on any of the threads about HQ/darbar. Perhaps its policy not to comment on certain things but the silence is disturbing considering how much it is upsetting many of the well respected, long time, core players.

Sadly the direction of this thread brings to mind a quote by Hi-Tech posted in a reply to another thread, which basically stated "players have an expected life span, and resources are better spent recruiting new players rather than maintaining the current customers"  The shame is, it's the old customers that have kept the lights on over the past years. Have donated their time creating skins and maps, Have gone out of their way to not only recruit new players, but also train and help newcomers. With the lack of advertising, and the current decline of veteran players I'm shocked how a concern shared by so many, with such an easy fix is totally ignored by the powers that be.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: February 21, 2015, 02:18:27 PM »
Just adding radar would help.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: February 22, 2015, 12:01:01 AM »
It's down again on Knights, the 6th time today if my count is right.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2015, 05:57:01 AM »
lol   guy just knocked out Knit dar, bragged about it being down 148mins and logged from the game..... :bhead
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2015, 06:50:21 AM »
No doubt this pencil head epidemic is going to be with us for sometime.

F3 abuse seems to go hand-in-hand with this.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2015, 07:26:47 AM »
It's down again on Knights, the 6th time today if my count is right.

That's the nature of the current map, where HQ & city are easy to reach, more difficult to protect and take much more effort to resupply. Bish and Rook HQ had also been down more than once...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2015, 08:14:49 AM »
I logged in after work yesterday and instantly saw bases flashing from a very obvious hq raid in which the raider skirted the city first.

I switched to knight to kill a guy who sits in a barn 12 hours a day and decided to try to inspire base taking by rallying the furballers at 58 into hitting the town and Knights responded brilliantly by starting a field taking frenzy and pushing the enemy back away from being a single sector tank drive to our city.

On a hunch, I drove a tank to my city and stalked an enemy tank who towered before I could finish the hunt.

Nobody else showed up to defend from the very obvious gv attack on knight city.

While flying supplies to hq and watching the progress of the attacker who flew back out near the city, I noticed hq flash for about 10 seconds and instantly deduced that someone was at our hq in GV's.....so I dropped supplies and came back with more to find hq back up.

I flew in noe and noticed the tracers so I flew and landed the c47 near the source of the tracers and rang up the only guys other than me who routinely drive long distances and got a reply that they were about to perform a rare "two country simultaneous hq drop".

Being a knight at the time, I upped a c47 and flew it 10 sectors noe to bishop (enemy to Knights) hq, landed, and waited for the operation to commence.

Once they dropped bishop hq I flew in and dropped vehicle supplies just as an observant bishop pilot shot me down.

This allowed them to drop bishop hq only seconds after it came back up.......which they apparently also did at knight hq while I was in bishland.

The bishop guy who shot me down deduced that supplies pouring out the burning c47 meant something and they quickly reacted by hunting and destroying the hq attack.

After getting shot down at bishop hq, I flew to knight (my country) and watched the rest of thier mission play out.

During the entire process both the hq attackers and me watched obvious buff raids drop both hq while flashing multiple bases on the way in.......and even flashing the city and multiple bases on the way home to land thier mission.

Sure, I'm guilty of watching enemy hit knight (my country) and helping them hit my other enemy (bishops) but I really wanted to see how long it took for either country to realize what was going on and was sorely disappointed when it took bishops 3 hours and Knights 4.5 hours to figure out what took me about 15 seconds to deduce.

I did no spotting or spying for the enemy during this and even mentioned that I saw shells at hq from two different directions but the clue was ignored..... So I offered up no further clues and reported whether there were shells landing at hq only when they resumed landing.

I only watched and withheld what I deduced so I could observe the response....... Or lack of response.

Salute to the "fb guys".....especially FBbob for being first of the Knights to realize what was going on and actually doing something about it by hunting down and destroying the hq attackers.

The clues are all there for every player to see yet they would rather whine than use thier brains to deduce and then experience the satisfaction of figuring out and squashing a very sneaky attack.

Not defending and allowing hq and strats attackers to safely make it home to land sends the message that there is a serious disconnect in strategic thinking in the aces high player base that is only getting more obvious.

This game has many facets and the player who whines about the diversity of enemy attacks while he flies the same stale furball mission profile and can't be bothered to up his game gets zero respect from me.

If all you're doing is furballing.......withold the whines about hq and strat  attacks.

In this case, the lack of clues (heavy buffs flashing dar/city) should have been the raging clue that the enemy had driven all the way to our hq.

An obvious fix that would help detect noe buffs would be having dar rings either intersect or be close enough to intersecting that a town would flash as enemy attackers fly between the dar rings.

Have this at least 2 sectors from hq as was on the map last night but, as we all saw, it takes a better player to use the "enemy detection tools" that we already have.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 09:15:09 AM by icepac »

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #161 on: February 22, 2015, 08:29:56 AM »
After the 4th time the hangers went down we saw the bases flashing heading to hq. A bunch of knights upped to thwart the attacker, the guy bailed. Something has to be done so that one guy can't take down the hq or that we can get the hq up faster. It's a sector drive to the hq.

The bishops hit our HQ in mass one night and as one guy put it that is the way it should be done.

As for myself I can't be in a furball looking at the map for a single possible con coming to hq. I need to stay focused on the immediate situation.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: February 22, 2015, 08:42:58 AM »
I agree that bomb and bailers are lame and greatly detract from the game.

If one wants to furball.........go right ahead.

You don't need radar to find one.

Just Ask on country channel.

Employing a little bit of stealth by flying NOE while resupplying and hunting enemy invaders puts surprise back on your side.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 08:57:29 AM by icepac »

Offline maxy

• Copper Member
« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2015, 08:58:33 AM »
maybe if all chess pcs agree just to rat out their sides lone HQ raider

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2015, 09:48:08 AM »
Is it not a reasonable request that taking out the HQ should required more than a small set of bombers.

-- Flying as X15 --