Author Topic: Beating a dead horse ?  (Read 13195 times)

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
Re: Beating a dead horse ?
« Reply #240 on: February 27, 2015, 07:01:25 PM »
Guess the discussion about hwo the best bomber pilot is belongs to another thread but my vote goes to Havermyr. Deacking a V-base in a Ki-67 is an impressive skill.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #241 on: February 27, 2015, 07:09:02 PM »
Guess the discussion about hwo the best bomber pilot is belongs to another thread but my vote goes to Havermyr. Deacking a V-base in a Ki-67 is an impressive skill.
I agree^^

ol' hav out ranks me :salute
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #242 on: February 27, 2015, 07:28:57 PM »

To put this all to rest I'll stay off YOUR forums and keep it in the game :) no need to waste energy on me fellas

Ummmmm.......
Your right, don't have years of practice at it like you  :cheers:

:rofl

1. Never said I'm the best cause I'm not. I am one of the best.

2. I will not fly 1-2 hours to an HQ if it is high risk. You loose 1 bomber and you just wasted all that time. I enjoy a fight as much as the next guy especially when I'm in buffs because the challenge is where it's at.

3. I agree there is some chicken poop players in the game who exploit bugs but I'm not one of them. Never have never will.

4. HQ and strats are 2 different things. When you hear someone say defend your strats they mean defend your city and your factories. If your city gets dropped below 50% expect HQ runners. It's not worth dropping if you can resupply an HQ in 20 minutes.

What's great about some of you folks is watching you make fools out of yourselves like this guy. It's a mindset of don't confuse me with the facts I have my own opinion. We can all agree the current HQ system is a problem but that's not going to change.

Don't get it twisted I'm always looking to rack up kills in buffs :cheers:

quote author=Wizz link=topic=369760.msg4933062#msg4933062 date=1425083740]

:x fail
[/quote]
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #243 on: February 27, 2015, 08:00:29 PM »
Hook, line, and sinker woody  :P

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #244 on: February 27, 2015, 09:32:41 PM »
Don't feed the wiz troll. Stomach pump the troll... Or just add the troll to the ignore list.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #245 on: February 28, 2015, 05:35:23 AM »
Don't feed the wiz troll. Stomach pump the troll... Or just add the troll to the ignore list.
Gonna have to go on a diet soon cause I'm fatter than a pig on a wing :x :salute

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #246 on: February 28, 2015, 09:52:20 AM »
Gonna have to go on a diet soon cause I'm fatter than a pig on a wing :x :salute
Full of 49'ers already and March has not started yet.  Thanks for pointing your friends out. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #247 on: February 28, 2015, 10:16:29 AM »
Havermyr is good people   :aok
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #248 on: February 28, 2015, 11:41:46 AM »
Claiming to be greatness in the bomber aspect of AH is like claiming to be one of the best training wheel bike riders out of all bike riders who use training wheels. The level of competition is sub par. Not that I have a problem with bombing because it was a strong aspect of the war. But in AH it is a mere ease to bomb FHs and HQs with no sense of falling and scraping your knees.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #249 on: February 28, 2015, 11:43:14 AM »
Full of 49'ers already and March has not started yet.  Thanks for pointing your friends out. :aok
my pleasure sir ya'll have fun.
And might I add one of my greatest thrills has been when you guys defend a strat or base I'm after. Rarely defend alone and always put up a hell of a fight. Will be fun watching you 2 duke it out. btw I spoke with semp I think that's his name. Talking with him straightened me out nice guy I'm done attacking HQ for awhile I'll respect the game play of those who's time is short and just looking for a fight.  :salute

Can we please make March epic on both sides???

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #250 on: February 28, 2015, 11:55:12 AM »
Claiming to be greatness in the bomber aspect of AH is like claiming to be one of the best training wheel bike riders out of all bike riders who use training wheels. The level of competition is sub par. Not that I have a problem with bombing because it was a strong aspect of the war. But in AH it is a mere ease to bomb FHs and HQs with no sense of falling and scraping your knees.
agreed. I haven't clarified my grounds for such a statement. I make it souly on my ability to defend myself when extremely outbumbered. One of the ways I've trained as a bomber is to furball in them. Using 17's to defend a base. Last night for example against extreme odds I was landing consecutive 4-7 kill sortie defending 222. I had all sorts of NME planes attacking me at times 4-7 at the same time and I would survive because I have trained myself in that environment.  I can take that experience and apply it anywhere at any alt on the battlefield. Simple being able to WF/deack a town in 4 passes or Deacking a V-base is not a challenge to me. Doing that while under attack is where it's at and what I look for every sortie.  :salute Your not going to find that quality much in this game.

I can lead any buff mission to any target with great success. I know everything there is to expect when it comes to buffs.

Buffs can single handedly shift the momentum on a front. 1 set of buffs can shut down a front by hitting ammo strat then poking ords on that front in 29's on the same sortie. Something I'll do if I think ink it's necessary.  That's 2-3 hr flight and I won't milk run it.

I am one of the best I've seen what that takes worked hard to get to this point and will continue to rain terror from the skies until my will gives out and I give up on the game.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 11:58:53 AM by Wizz »

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #251 on: February 28, 2015, 01:07:44 PM »

999000, the Muppet Department of Defense nor the Muppet Joint Chiefs were not made aware of this Muppet's view and did not have a chance to properly vet this statement prior to its release.  Violator should have run this particular comment through his chain of command but did not.

Kappa will be having an Admiral's Mast at 0700 tomorrow. 

Please accept our apologies and let me know if you'd like to know Violator's exact whereabouts in game.

Regards,

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #252 on: February 28, 2015, 01:15:10 PM »
999000, the Muppet Department of Defense nor the Muppet Joint Chiefs were not made aware of this Muppet's view and did not have a chance to properly vet this statement prior to its release.  Violator should have run this particular comment through his chain of command but did not.

Kappa will be having an Admiral's Mast at 0700 tomorrow. 

Please accept our apologies and let me know if you'd like to know Violator's exact whereabouts in game.

Regards,

Changeup

You even get f3 mode your gunners rarely die. What more could you ask for?

I stand firm on my remarks.

Come at me bro
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #253 on: February 28, 2015, 01:16:51 PM »

Come at me bro

I will Crush you with my B25s!*Crush*
See Rule #4

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #254 on: February 28, 2015, 01:53:35 PM »

Come at me bro
I have no problem with this. He is referring to the 99% of AH. There is a 1% who is bored with what you described and at some point took it to the next level. Example early this morning I went and WF/deacked a town, dropped dar and the ords in 1 sortie with lancs all while defending against a mossy and 110. I survived even with no tail guns against the 110. Thats the stuff that makes bombing awesome for me. Anyone can bomb a target you are right, not everybody can do all that and survive if intercepted while attempting it.

CO-Fine
XO-KO