Author Topic: Winging  (Read 426 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Winging
« on: February 10, 2015, 04:11:25 PM »
In recent history I've been a little less than enthusiastic about playing. I even quit once and as Pipz jokes, for 45 minutes. There was much going on both in game and out of game. Out of game was painting (Still am). One in game issue was warping. I'm not sure of the cause of that but reinstalling the game seemed to fix it.

So last night I hooked up with Rud3boi and off we went. Rude was a C hog and I in an F4U-1a. We headed for 79 where a large horde was heading. When we get there it was p47s, 38s, and I'm not sure what else. Just couldn't make my mind up what to go after first. Rude with no issues at all goes after something. You can be sure get got it. After a couple of twists and turns I nail the 38. Then go after a p47. Get the p47 because someone had shot off his wing tips, only an assist there. Then HQ goes down. Rude disappears.

Where you at Rude? West of the base. I head west when I finally get to him he says hey low buffs. after a bit of search I see them and a spit running the other way. We dispense of the lancs quite nicely. Then comes in almost co-alt a p47 and a higher 38. The 38 dives on me but changes his mind and goes for Rude who is engaged with the p47. What the heck, he gives me his 6. I guess the C hog was just too tempting to pass. Then again his buddy was in trouble. I let Rude know the situation over squad channel. I get onto the 38 and set him on fire about that time Rude nails the p47.

That was too cool. Nice 2 on 2 fight. Then I say hey our airfield has been flashing for a while let's RTB and maybe we'll get some kills. As we approach the base we see a low p47 and a co-alt p51. I ping the 51 as he comes by and Rude is all over the 47. The 51 then tries to save his bud but I'm too close and he turns. I get another ping. Then turning sharply I nail him good and he loses control. By that time Rude had dispensed with the p47.

Then Rude goes after another P47 has do I. I ping the 47 but he gets away. I think Rude got his target. Low on fuel we land, Rude has 7 kills and I have 4. Nice Hell Hounds showing. Then I get a wee bit cocky and going for some humor I say over country channel, "What's wrong with those guys inin two Hell Hounds like that!" Yet it was another awesome 2 on 2. I must <S> the Rooks and Bish for not backing down.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
Re: Winging
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 04:22:01 PM »
Huzzah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spiffing stuff I say wot! Hell Hounds are obviously a Dominant species!  :old:

Tally Ho!
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
Re: Winging
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 02:02:55 PM »
Hell Of a Run <S>
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2