Author Topic: Concerning Rook win this morning....  (Read 1380 times)

Offline projoe

• Copper Member
Re: Concerning Rook win this morning....
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 08:40:06 PM »
Grew up when it was a 4 sided war. (green/red/purple/gold)...each side had 4 bases....take all 4 bases and win the war.  Next map up...was the exact same one.  To me and most of the other old timers ...any of the maps we have in rotation now......is a good map!!
Projoe 367th Dynamite Gang

Spread my work ethic
Not my wealth!

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 08:40:26 PM »
If people want to win maps and capture fields, they should not be bringing light fighters to the base take or forget to bring troops or use the last bomb that could have white flagged town on a wirb sitting on concrete at the field or drag enemy cons straight to the m3 full of troops just to clear their six.

Wanting to do something and being capable of doing something are often two different things.

Exactly.  It comes back to what players can do, want to do, etc.  Or, have been taught to do.

The immediate tactical thinking of AH is "shoot 'em in the face."  What icepac lays out is something else entirely different.  It's my fav part of the game: the most efficient way to accomplish a worthy goal.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 10:20:53 AM »
Why are you guys rushing to reset quickly ....
Who is this, and what have you done with Ghi?
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2015, 08:17:21 PM »
6 days after you posted this, same large boring map with low # of players, impossible to reset before the auto reset kicks in,  almost 1 week; Still love this game, but this MA settings are driving players away from this game; and the small fun maps are gone reset in hours :bhead

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 04:41:58 AM »
Rooks starting to find a nice groove last couple of weeks. Great job and excellent team work happening!

393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 12:24:13 PM »
7 days on the same map can be a drag.  72 hours should be the limit on any map, at least according to me.  :)

And either change the % requirement on small maps, or make a 24 hour minimum on all maps: meaning the same map gets repeated, if reset within 24 hours.

I've always felt it should be a min 24 and max 48. That way everyone gets to play on their "favorite" maps.

Kinda sucks when you like a map, log in to see its finally up when you are. Only to have it reset 10 minutes later
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty