Author Topic: Lowly War Thunder peasant immigrant  (Read 3087 times)

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
Re: Lowly War Thunder peasant immigrant
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2015, 12:55:58 AM »
I remember when Aces High was called AH2.  ;)
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2015, 01:55:49 AM »
First off, I would like to say welcome. This is a fun game, I find the view system to be much better than WT. I only have limited experience with WT and flound the flight model to be disappointing as well. Here, you do not have to pay for uber planes, rather you have to shoot some people down. I like that idea more. That, and the P38 rules :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2015, 06:56:00 PM »
Yeah i totally agree with these other fine gentlemen AH is much better than WT in everything apart from gfx, i did have fun playing WT for a short time (only because i couldnt sub to AH2 at the time) but the OP russian planes killed it for me and i have never had the heart pumping adrenalin feeling in any game apart from AH.
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2015, 08:15:28 PM »
Something else you won't experience in War Thunder.  Last night there was a large NOE mission against the Rook A101, in which SEVERAL Lancasters and some Tu-2's flew over the base to town.  I would say around 20 Bish, at least.  I jumped into an M-16 and made my way to a hill near the town, then proceeded to shoot down 8 a/c before running out of ammo.  That was a BLAST! :x  At any time I could've had an enemy fighter take me out, since the M-16 is fairly easy to knock out.  There were a few N1K1's around after all.  At one point a set of Lancs flew right over me, and I was expecting a few bombs to land on me.  Fortunately, he didn't drop on me. :)  I can PROMISE you, you will NOT see something like that in War Thunder. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2015, 09:23:28 PM »
I'm not one of those "most of us" nice guys.  Go back to War Thunder and don't look back otherwise you'll be stuck here for 14 years like me (19 counting Air Warrior before this).  Run Volron, Run!

Oops... I meant Volsky, not Volron.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 09:49:49 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2015, 09:26:35 PM »
Things you will see if you join us in AH Scenarios:

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2015, 09:38:05 PM »
I'm not one of those "most of us" nice guys.  Go back to War Thunder and don't look back otherwise you'll be stuck here for 14 years like me (19 counting Air Warrior before this).  Run Volron, Run!

:lol  Been here since Tour 113.  There were a few tours I missed due to RL issues, but I have otherwise been here since then. :aok
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2015, 09:39:23 PM »
after Brooke's post, all I can say is:
don't look away, stay steady at the wheel!

LOL

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
HiTech

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2015, 09:50:14 PM »
I wouldn't say that someone from WT is "lowly." Sure, most of us here don't like the game but we're not going to bash other people for playing it.

The important thing to remember is to balance your ego. If you have too much of it, you're going to end up on the receiving end of a lot of hate. If you have too little then it can actually impede your ability to improve in the game. I would say that enough would be to look at an enemy and say "yes, I can kill him" even if you really can't. That confidence will push you to give it your all.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2015, 09:59:46 PM »
First off, I would like to say welcome. This is a fun game, I find the view system to be much better than WT. I only have limited experience with WT and flound the flight model to be disappointing as well. Here, you do not have to pay for uber planes, rather you have to shoot some people down. I like that idea more. That, and the P38 rules :)

My experience with the premium planes is as such:  They go down just as easily as their non-premium counterparts. :D
HiTech

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2015, 05:01:03 AM »
When you're ready to start after your first two weeks pm me I'll cover your first 90 days  :cheers:
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2015, 03:07:15 PM »
When you're ready to start after your first two weeks pm me I'll cover your first 90 days  :cheers:

This is why the AH community is one of the best around.

Cheers to you Scott66  :cheers:
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2015, 02:49:56 PM »
This is why the AH community is one of the best around.

Cheers to you Scott66  :cheers:
:salute :cheers:
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Volsky

• Zinc Member
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2015, 10:40:51 PM »
Right, well, I have my controls more or less set up, but the game is running awfully choppy...it's a little concerning considering I can run something as intensive as say, WT, on max graphics and dick around on the deck with basically full framerates. I'm also trying to figure out if there's a key to reset your trimming to the default (e.g., no trim), because I end up turning on combat trim 100% of the time in lieu of that. On top of everything, trying to swap modes is giving me a hell of a time. I'd like to be able to drive a tank around without having to use my joystick to aim the darn thing.

Also, the Me 410 is about 12 different kinds of obviously-illegal-fun. Seriously, that stuff should be banned. Even in the AI test arena it's point, click, dakka.

Daddy likes.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 11:14:22 PM by Volsky »