Author Topic: Where did you get your call sign?  (Read 14747 times)

Offline M1A1

• Copper Member
Re: Where did you get your call sign?
« Reply #255 on: February 09, 2015, 11:07:36 AM »
Got mine from my favorite piece of machinery...Nothing like putting steel on target...It's a shame that I am nowhere near as good in a cartoon plane as I was in the beast...Oh well at least I can get as many cartoon lives as 1
$15 can buy a month!! :)

Offline HGBuck

• Zinc Member
« Reply #256 on: February 10, 2015, 07:45:42 PM »
My first dog Buck...see avatar, that was the last picture taken of him, he loved to fly!
Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #257 on: February 11, 2015, 07:10:23 AM »
Obie was my father's nickname in the service.  The 303 is from the RAF 303 "Kościuszko Squadron".
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #258 on: February 11, 2015, 07:28:41 AM »
actually, I have avoid daddog's op for years..........

I received TC ( TequilaChaser ) somewhere around 1986/87, several of us was drunk ( in the Navy ) while at sea on the Nimitz, we pulled into port near Canes, France....and one evening I through a short punch (my left elbow) at one of my squadmates while fighting over the worm in the bottle..... I will not post exactly what I did to his teeth/mouth , but my chasing after what Tequila was left , earned me my name.......

I more than likely spelled several words/names wrong........\\one thing

I have and will never do is post or talk about my military jacket or what I have actually done in detail........a drunk typed something here.......... , but that is for my kids and family, and is not for this board.....

cheers

TC

« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:44:47 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #259 on: February 11, 2015, 08:28:12 AM »
actually, I have avoid daddog's op for years..........

I received TC ( TequilaChaser ) somewhere around 1986/87, several of us was drunk ( in the Navy ) while at sea on the Nimitz, we pulled into port near Canes, France....and one evening I through a short punch (my left elbow) at one of my squadmates while fighting over the worm in the bottle..... I will not post exactly what I did to his teeth/mouth , but my chasing after what Tequila was left , earned me my name.......

I more than likely spelled several words/names wrong........\\one thing

I have and will never do is post or talk about my military jacket or what I have actually done in detail........ I know my ribbons, medals and certificates, etc.......... whatI accomplished, but hat is for my kids and family, and is not for this board.....

cheers

TC

Ok we will disregard your bragging about your ribbons and certificates. Let's just pretend none of that stuff was written.  :neener:
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #260 on: February 11, 2015, 08:45:26 AM »
Ok we will disregard your bragging about your ribbons and certificates. Let's just pretend none of that stuff was written.  :neener:

pardon me, even though I never said what I actually received or went in to detail....as I said, that is simply for my Family

TC ( I have no need to brag about anything I have ever done! )

or you can go with that song by Ratt.... Loose Lips.... what ya think???

edit: ( this is called where TC get's a bit angry) 2nd edit: what I posted was a bit harsh, and I mean no ill will toward anyone........hope that is a bit better than my previous posting
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 09:20:54 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Flifast

• Copper Member
      • Claim Jumpers
« Reply #261 on: February 12, 2015, 08:27:39 PM »
Flifast.

Pushed the envelope a bit back in the day.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dassault_Falcon_10

Here is the early military version that was converted to the fast corp version.

http://youtu.be/t3dnIy6alk4

Offline Trainee

• Copper Member
« Reply #262 on: February 12, 2015, 09:23:14 PM »
Because I felt like a Trainee in basic when I started this game in '04.

Almost changed it a few years back but everyone knows me by it so I just kept it as is. 

Trainee
~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~
"Step aside Butch..."

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #263 on: February 15, 2015, 01:19:58 AM »
Frenchy ... geez I don't know  :)
Funny thing is AH is the only place where Im cool when people call me Frenchy. In real life I get in the person's face starting a fight. Almost got me fired once :headscratch:
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #264 on: February 15, 2015, 07:47:30 PM »
Frenchy ... geez I don't know  :)
Funny thing is AH is the only place where Im cool when people call me Frenchy. In real life I get in the person's face starting a fight. Almost got me fired once :headscratch:

you've been Frenchy for many years to me, heck I might want to fight you if you look at me the wrong way, and I don't even know who you are! hehe...

but no one can not tell me it has not been fun!

TC

Frenchy knows I am only BS'ing here........ I seriously do not want to get this thread lock, even though it was necro bumped umpteen times over the years......
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:52:17 PM by TequilaChaser »

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #265 on: February 15, 2015, 08:17:23 PM »
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Ray77

• Copper Member
« Reply #266 on: February 19, 2015, 08:55:41 AM »
From the second best NHL Defenseman all time and the second best Bruin Defenseman of all time.
Don't tread on me.

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #267 on: February 19, 2015, 01:40:59 PM »
From the second best NHL Defenseman all time and the second best Bruin Defenseman of all time.

:aok