Author Topic: 234 Defense  (Read 768 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
234 Defense
« on: February 19, 2015, 03:31:00 PM »
What's the deal with the AR-234 rear firing cannon?  I just got blown away by one.... who stated he was firing blind. Blind. I did the same to someone the other day, firing blind while pulling hard for altitude.  Really?  I mean, I THOUGHT I had enough of an angle to stay above the cone of fire on this one. Most of the time I can't hit the broad side of a barn from a bomber gun when I'm friggin AIMING.  Seem's like this "feature" is a bit on the ridiculous side.  So what gives.... gamey concession in the name of numbers, or it's just a hell of a lucky kind of thing everyone gets to enjoy?  :rolleyes:
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: 234 Defense
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 03:33:04 PM »
you can fly in f3 mode and actually aim it.

there used to be a guy (dont remember the name) who was actually quite good at it
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline -pjk--

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 03:44:52 PM »
NKL5
Ääliö älä lyö ööliä läikkyy!!

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 03:54:02 PM »
This was not a feature on every 234, and it should have a periscope looking back that displayed a gun sight with which to aim.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 04:05:26 PM »
This was not a feature on every 234, and it should have a periscope looking back that displayed a gun sight with which to aim.

I believe this is one of those game mechanics versus playability.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 05:26:57 PM »
One of the handful of planes I do not mind HOing.

:bolt:
=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 05:42:17 PM »
Maybe if it ever gets updated....  AH3 coming with AH1 models still in the game.  Never seen or heard of a game that is like that. :headscratch:

(P.S. update the 110!  No more hexagon engines I say!  :old:)
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 07:23:43 PM »
...gamey concession in the name of numbers, or it's just a hell of a lucky kind of thing everyone gets to enjoy?  :rolleyes:

Then I remembered killing aircraft with a tank main gun is an achievement. Forgive me, it was a stupid question.  Act like I never posted a thing.   :headscratch:

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 10:58:14 PM »

It was a feature on exactly two Aircraft & they were C model prototypes. No B model ever had them although the myth has become gospel to many.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 01:20:51 AM »
It was me who killed tumor today in a 234 I was taking care of a CV. It was a very unfortunate death for tumor as earlier in the sortie a 190D took many hits and didn't die, but only 1 20mm killed tumor. I was in f3 mode, I also have the film. I was blind because I clouldnt see your plane behind mine...I just guessed.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Groth

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 03:44:01 PM »
 When the AR234 was first deployed in AH...you could move your 'head'(much as you do in setting up views from cockpit) to the eyepiece on periscope and Voila' , you had crosshairs and were sighting the cannons to the rear. Not sure when this was terminated.
                           JGroth

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 04:02:30 PM »
It was me who killed tumor today in a 234 I was taking care of a CV. It was a very unfortunate death for tumor as earlier in the sortie a 190D took many hits and didn't die, but only 1 20mm killed tumor. I was in f3 mode, I also have the film. I was blind because I clouldnt see your plane behind mine...I just guessed.

Not squeaking about it JOACH1M as it was a fair kill considering the situation.  When I got Walleye, I wasn't even in F3... I just pulled the trigger while pulling for altitude.  It's just too stupid and gamey.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 11:51:29 PM »
Not squeaking about it JOACH1M as it was a fair kill considering the situation.  When I got Walleye, I wasn't even in F3... I just pulled the trigger while pulling for altitude.  It's just too stupid and gamey.
dont know how the real life 234 was but was there a scope too look down and shoot instead of f3?
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2015, 11:53:09 PM »
dont know how the real life 234 was but was there a scope too look down and shoot instead of f3?

Yeah there is actually a periscope in the cockpit it just doesn't work.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2015, 12:01:36 AM »
I don't see the issue here. :headscratch:  I've blind fired the rear guns on the 234 and managed to get someone.  Otherwise, if I find myself in a situation where I am going to be using them, it's all F3. :)  If you fly her enough, you'll be able to trick them by turning off your tracers. :devil
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.