Author Topic: Holy burning HQ batman the Rooks have lost their minds  (Read 6144 times)

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Holy burning HQ batman the Rooks have lost their minds
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2015, 01:52:06 PM »
http://youtu.be/jHgZh4GV9G0    :D
The heavy is about the worst class in the game. I personally main soldier, playing UGC Silver lobbies.  :cheers:
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2015, 01:58:55 PM »
I didn't take part in the mission. I don't have the patience for something like what they did. Just giving them their props where it is due. I'll waste my time on more important things in the game.

I'm sorry for the short answers I've been in game. This is a war game. In the MA the main purpose for some of us is to win the war. By dropping both HQ'S thus blinding the NME you disrupt NME advances. I don't believe players like you are targeted when a mission like this takes place. Honestly, this cry baby whinning bs is a blast to watch. Defend the HQ, defend the strats, or get revenge and teach your  NME a lesson.
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2015, 02:05:20 PM »
I'm sorry for the short answers I've been in game. This is a war game. In the MA the main purpose for some of us is to win the war. By dropping both HQ'S thus blinding the NME you disrupt NME advances. I don't believe players like you are targeted when a mission like this takes place. Honestly, this cry baby whinning bs is a blast to watch. Defend the HQ, defend the strats, or get revenge and teach your  NME a lesson.

Find another way to disrupt advances Golly-geemit. You stop people from being able to find a diddlying fight. No one wants to stop what they're doing to prevent some tard bellybutton player from dropping HQ because they can't do toejam for anything else in the game.

Btw, instead of using the HQ to stop enemy advances use it to weaken their defenses, it might work better. :aok
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 02:07:18 PM by Someguy63 »
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2015, 02:11:13 PM »
Find another way to disrupt advances Golly-geemit. You stop people from being able to find a diddlying fight. No one wants to stop what they're doing to prevent some tard bellybutton player from dropping HQ because they can't do toejam for anything else in the game.

Btw, instead of using the HQ to stop enemy advances use it to weaken their defenses, it might work better. :aok

:bolt: lol

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2015, 02:11:53 PM »

So my limited time in game should be spent loitering over HQ to protect it or in flying re enge missions to HQ?

I guess I tend to look at a bigger picture in terms of what allows for the most people to enjoy the game, with game being the important word.   As the beauty of an online air combat game is getting to test your skills against actual people, it still seems counterproductive to the game to do things that makes that more difficult.

When folks say win the war I cringe as other than a few perk points all you gain is a start over.  It would seem to me the challenge of actually engaging the other team would allow for the most satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment as you fight your way forward to starting over.

Oh well to each his own I guess.  Just be careful for what you wish for in the short term as you may end up being disappointed with the long term end result.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2015, 02:28:04 PM »

First of all, I think I can say there are few players in AH having hunted down and killed more strat and HQ raiders than I did in my past 10 years. Very few.

That being said, allow me to explain my personal perspective.

The 'late night/ early morning', when you logged of after killing the HQ is actually one of my (and other non us players') prime time, so to say. And the big problem we are facing these days is finding action, finding battles. And no I'm not a 'furballer', not I'm looking for some kind of noble duels. Like many others I'm looking for battles. I want to find and engage other players in a brutal battle. Winning or holding bases or winning the war is just a means to create those battles. That's why I came to this multiplayer online game.

Unfortunately, as said before, with the low player numbers it's already difficult to find any fights/battles. And when I log and the HQ is down for another two hours, it's even more difficult to get any combat. Much more. and resupping ain't an option either with so few players around. So that's why I instantly log off again. If that's making you happy...

And each time I log off, I'm less willing to stick up the next 15$. I won't cancel my subscription for good because of the HQ alone, but there are very few reasons why I'm actually on the verge of leaving AH for good, and be assured the HQ problem is among the biggest of them.

While not particularly fond of the 'all or nothing' concept of the HQ, I had not that much of a problem with it for years. But the settings were different back then - and now that the HQ can be actually and effectively down for hours, the balance is totally out of whack. A single bomber pilot can already impact the war game so much on a local level by killing the hangars, sinking a CV quite easily or white flagging a town all by himself - But letting one player easily shut down all darbar for so long is not balanced in any way at all.

By the way, the "we just want to win the war, it's their fault for not showing up (defending)" reminds me very much of the EW arena history... we all know how that ended up...

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline A8balls

• Copper Member
      • http://a8s.us
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2015, 02:41:29 PM »
WTG Wizz.
Aces & 8s Since 2006

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2015, 03:02:41 PM »
First of all, I think I can say there are few players in AH having hunted down and killed more strat and HQ raiders than I did in my past 10 years. Very few.

That being said, allow me to explain my personal perspective.

The 'late night/ early morning', when you logged of after killing the HQ is actually one of my (and other non us players') prime time, so to say. And the big problem we are facing these days is finding action, finding battles. And no I'm not a 'furballer', not I'm looking for some kind of noble duels. Like many others I'm looking for battles. I want to find and engage other players in a brutal battle. Winning or holding bases or winning the war is just a means to create those battles. That's why I came to this multiplayer online game.

Unfortunately, as said before, with the low player numbers it's already difficult to find any fights/battles. And when I log and the HQ is down for another two hours, it's even more difficult to get any combat. Much more. and resupping ain't an option either with so few players around. So that's why I instantly log off again. If that's making you happy...

And each time I log off, I'm less willing to stick up the next 15$. I won't cancel my subscription for good because of the HQ alone, but there are very few reasons why I'm actually on the verge of leaving AH for good, and be assured the HQ problem is among the biggest of them.

While not particularly fond of the 'all or nothing' concept of the HQ, I had not that much of a problem with it for years. But the settings were different back then - and now that the HQ can be actually and effectively down for hours, the balance is totally out of whack. A single bomber pilot can already impact the war game so much on a local level by killing the hangars, sinking a CV quite easily or white flagging a town all by himself - But letting one player easily shut down all darbar for so long is not balanced in any way at all.

By the way, the "we just want to win the war, it's their fault for not showing up (defending)" reminds me very much of the EW arena history... we all know how that ended up...

Your right. With that said....

That's not my problem that is HTC's. Don't hate the player hate the game. If the city is down to 18% and I c that I can get there it's gonna be lights out. Like I said before when I rent to the HQ I stayed in dar for 20 minutes to allow a chance to defend. My path was obvious no one upped.

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2015, 03:08:25 PM »
Your right. With that said....

That's not my problem that is HTC's. Don't hate the player hate the game. If the city is down to 18% and I c that I can get there it's gonna be lights out. Like I said before when I rent to the HQ I stayed in dar for 20 minutes to allow a chance to defend. My path was obvious no one upped.

So even though it serves no other purpose than to make it more difficult for folks to find a fight, you will do it anyway?  That's not HTC's problem, that's your lack of insight on what the point is.

Doing it because you can, doesn't make it the best decision.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2015, 03:10:55 PM »
Acting like dropping the HQ takes some sort of skill... :rofl :rofl :rofl

The 49ers are a joke and one of them still needs to change their name to 49POTW for the duels we had 2 years ago....
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2015, 03:16:14 PM »
dan did you consider writing to htc about it, you're wasting your keystrokes with that retarded teenager, if you can grief, there will always a peon to do it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 03:23:26 PM by SirNuke »

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2015, 03:31:09 PM »
dan did you consider writing to htc about it, you're wasting your keystrokes with that retarded teenager, if you can grief, there will always a peon to do it.

The biggest problem this game has are grumpy old men like yourself who think by calling a grown family man a teenager you actually accomplish something. 

Yall look like fools right now. I pay to play this game I spend my time doi NH what I want. If dropping HQ is a feature in the game I'll use it to my advantage as I see fit.

:D

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2015, 03:49:25 PM »
The biggest problem this game has are grumpy old men like yourself who think by calling a grown family man a teenager you actually accomplish something. 

Yall look like fools right now. I pay to play this game I spend my time doi NH what I want. If dropping HQ is a feature in the game I'll use it to my advantage as I see fit.

:D

the problem in the game is the game itself, again you give yourself and myself too much importance, whatever you think I am.

you 2nd point is exactly what I said, If there is one way to grief a large portion of the players, there will always be a retard to do it.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2015, 03:55:37 PM »
Credit needs giving where credit is due
No one likes a burning HQ
Drive 200 miles for hours on end

They started at 3 with two groups of m3's
They hit Bishops and Knights, coordinated without a fight

By the time they were done this battle was won
From eight miles away with a howitzer gun

Salute to the madness that is the 49th FG

Good for you, Sport.  :bhead

I've said it before: those who can't kill another plane in the fight will just find the easiest way to kill the fight.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2015, 03:57:04 PM »
the problem in the game is the game itself, again you give yourself and myself too much importance, whatever you think I am.

you 2nd point is exactly what I said, If there is one way to grief a large portion of the players, there will always be a retard to do it.
I like to take bases and strategic bomb. HQ'S are a rare opportunity but if I see chance I'll take it.

Some people forget how the game is supposed to be played in LW. There is no problem with the game. The game is just fine!

CO-Fine
XO-KO