Author Topic: Holy burning HQ batman the Rooks have lost their minds  (Read 6147 times)

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Holy burning HQ batman the Rooks have lost their minds
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2015, 03:58:14 PM »

Good for you, Sport.  :bhead

I've said it before: those who can't kill another plane in the fight will just find the easiest way to kill the fight.

That's me to a T  :banana: :banana:
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2015, 03:59:39 PM »
The biggest problem this game has are grumpy old men like yourself who think by calling a grown family man a teenager you actually accomplish something. 

Yall look like fools right now. I pay to play this game I spend my time doi NH what I want. If dropping HQ is a feature in the game I'll use it to my advantage as I see fit.

:D

It is certainly your choice. I figured there must be a rational reason behind it, but it appears you get your kicks out of it more than anything else.  You were presenting it as an accomplishment.  I was curious as to why.  I figured talking to you like an adult might elicit an adult reply.

I'm not telling you what to do, just don't understand your seeing it as a good thing or something to be proud of.

But as I said.  To each his own.  My guess is you won't be around for very long so the welfare of the game and the AH community of players isn't something you are concerned about.  For us "old men" who have put a lot of time and energy into the game, and who have tried to contribute and make it a fun experience for as many people as possible. it's hard to understand why someone would go out of their way to undermine it.

Again, do as you please.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2015, 04:01:43 PM »
I like to take bases and strategic bomb. HQ'S are a rare opportunity but if I see chance I'll take it.

Some people forget how the game is supposed to be played in LW. There is no problem with the game. The game is just fine!

Good work.  You saw an opportunity and took it.  Not a damn thing wrong with that. :aok

The problem is that it was just you.  There needs to be a minimum of two other guys with you to do it.  The HQ is FAR too squishy, considering what happens when it goes down.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2015, 04:05:02 PM »
It is certainly your choice. I figured there must be a rational reason behind it, but it appears you get your kicks out of it more than anything else.  You were presenting it as an accomplishment.  I was curious as to why.  I figured talking to you like an adult might elicit an adult reply.

I'm not telling you what to do, just don't understand your seeing it as a good thing or something to be proud of.

But as I said.  To each his own.  My guess is you won't be around for very long so the welfare of the game and the AH community of players isn't something you are concerned about.  For us "old men" who have put a lot of time and energy into the game, and who have tried to contribute and make it a fun experience for as many people as possible. it's hard to understand why someone would go out of their way to undermine it.

Again, do as you please.

It wasn't me I just gave the boys a shout out on an awesome job!!! My last sortie was an HQ drop after 14 base takes, 3 dozen kills, a couple hundred bombs dropped, and several thousand miles flown from 7pm-530am. My HQ drop was my last sortie and the cheery on a delicious cheese cake of a night.

You guys are fun! Let the butt hurt flow. The fact some of you drop the it's killing the game bomb is a masterpiece!!!

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2015, 04:09:29 PM »
It wasn't me I just gave the boys a shout out on an awesome job!!! My last sortie was an HQ drop after 14 base takes, 3 dozen kills, a couple hundred bombs dropped, and several thousand miles flown from 7pm-530am. My HQ drop was my last sortie and the cheery on a delicious cheese cake of a night.

You guys are fun! Let the butt hurt flow. The fact some of you drop the it's killing the game bomb is a masterpiece!!!

LOL.  The only butt hurt has to be yours for sitting in front of the computer that long.  You go ahead and have fun :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2015, 04:09:43 PM »
Good work.  You saw an opportunity and took it.  Not a damn thing wrong with that. :aok

The problem is that it was just you.  There needs to be a minimum of two other guys with you to do it.  The HQ is FAR too squishy, considering what happens when it goes down.

Yes your right 1 set of lancs is too easy when no one is defending. It's also messed up that during the dead hours people who play are penalized for playing if you have more players than another team.

I appreciate your stance on this cause your spot on. Change the HQ drop damage to 50k making it to where you have to take B29's to drop it by yourself. Or just don't allow maps where it takes forever to respawn.

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2015, 04:10:42 PM »
LOL.  The only butt hurt has to be yours for sitting in front of the computer that long.  You go ahead and have fun :aok

LOL  :x :cheers: :salute

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2015, 04:16:24 PM »
Wizz, I find it odd that in threads where serious discussion is taking place, you admonish the mods to "lock the thread before it becomes a flame fest", and then make posts like you have in this thread trying to blatantly start one yourself.  I would cut /paste various statements in this thread, but I don't think it's all that necessary.

In honor of GhostCDB and his Twitter post -  #hypocrisy.
Btw gman, I don't have a problem with a flame war even though that's not what I'm doing with. In the case you are referring to the punk was disrespecting OUR game and publicly quiting. So I don't get your point?

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline 49MERLIN

• Zinc Member
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2015, 04:17:21 PM »
For what it's worth, here is my opinion.  I am the CO of the 49thFG.  We do a lot of things in AH that most squads would never consider attempting.  Personally, I find AH2 to be the best WWII simulator out there.  That being said, I don't see this as an arcade fighter game, I see it as a simulator. 
I completely understand that most people want to fly for a few minutes or spawn in and get in to a quick FUN fight.  Trust me, I get it, but that's not all that there is here to do in AH and after years of doing that I now do other things sometimes as well.  I happen to also have the benefit of having lots of squaddies to join me in the things that I find FUN and interesting. 
I think we can all agree that we are here for a CHALLENGE, be that in dog-fighting, bombing, base takes, or GVs.  What ever you do you are doing it for the FUN of finding out whether or not you can beat the challenge.  That IS what makes any game/sim FUN. 
I would like the whole AH community to know that I & the 49thFG think that bombing and bailing is a BS dick move.... That's why we don't do it.  For those of you who are unaware the 49th as well as other squads like to explore the limits of artillery.  YES, that's what I said, artillery!  Our squad can accurately and effectively shell a target from 6.53 miles (not kilometers).  This means we can kill a target without flashing it. 
Yesterday we decided to do what we figured had never before been attempted in AH. To take down both enemy HQs at the same time... with artillery!  Well now it has been done.  Please know that this was not nor could it have been the work of one person.  This was a coordinated effort by 6 people and it took a long time, but for us it was worth it to prove that it could be done.  Our intention was not to piss people off or make anyone rage quit.  Of course a slim grin was had when our mission was proved a success, but we did not do it to frustrate people, just to frustrate the war effort.
The fact is that there are different types of players in AH, and we seem to have a hard time getting along with those of us who are not of the same skill set.  Some ONLY want to furball, some only want to GV, some only want to bomb, and some only want to take bases.  To each their own and there is good reason for all!  We are all here to have FUN; and I, like you get pissed when my HQ goes down, or my bases are porked everywhere, or I sit in a tower and watch a base fall when there is nothing I can do about it, but I don't start whining about it, I start reacting to it and melding the challenges I am up against in to greater goals of achievement.  I'm surely not the best at any one thing, but I am dam good at a lot of stuff.  For instance when Vsix0 flies to 30K to kill my bombers again for the third time in a row, I don't get pissed anymore, I just think, "Dam that guy is good! toejam I wish I was a better gunner after 5 years so I could shoot him down quicker! F**K!!!; got to respect that dedication!"
I conclusion, it is not the goal of the 49thFG to piss everyone off, it is simply to do things that people think can't be done.  After all, if you thought there were GVs 200 miles behind your lines shelling your HQ you would have just killed them... right?  Instead both countries assumed it was one bailing bomber pilot for 4 hours, not multiple artillery batteries waiting for you to get it back up so we could kill it again. 
To Guppy35, please accept our apologies for screwing your Saturday night up a little.  We know online time is precious for us all, and we are sorry to have screwed with yours.  Glad to see you still had a great time with Rud3boi and were even able to take a base!!! WTG!!! Also sorry you had to fly with him whilst his blood was boiling like that. <S> Sir

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2015, 04:18:44 PM »
Just a griefer Dan. He was on this morning when numbers In LW were around 40 or so. He bragged that the knit HQ was down for 148mins and logged off.
did not brag I called lights out on knight HQ that's it and then I logged. Was to inform Bishops and Rooks...

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2015, 04:28:58 PM »
Ummmm Ok    :headscratch:
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2015, 04:39:33 PM »
*Merlin drops the mic and walks off the stage*

God this was epic!!! You guys have truly outdone yourselves again :salute

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2015, 04:40:05 PM »
Way to fight those buildings!  And it only took 6-7 of you.  Damn.  They must fight back hard.   :aok

Oops... almost forgot to ask... Did you suffer any losses to them?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 04:42:07 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2015, 04:46:33 PM »
I am the CO of the 49thFG.

gratz, you did make a name for your squad.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2015, 04:54:00 PM »
 :x hahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha  :ahand

Take your furballs to the DA

CO-Fine
XO-KO