Author Topic: Holy burning HQ batman the Rooks have lost their minds  (Read 6134 times)

Offline Mitchell

• Copper Member
Re: Holy burning HQ batman the Rooks have lost their minds
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2015, 04:56:01 PM »
<S> 49MERLIN. That was certainly an accomplishment :rock And I'm looking forward to joining one of your artillery missions one of these days.

The bigger problem here is the fact that NOE-->Bomb-->Bail-->Repeat has become so common that on one even thought to check if it was GV's.

I think the HQ should have it's own "City", like the one surrounding the city strat. With lots of puffy ack and enough ground ground guns to make NOE suicide. The hardness should also be multiplied 1.5x so that it takes 2 sets of bombers to drop it.

You can't get the griefers to stop griefing so something has to change to make it harder for them.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2015, 04:58:21 PM »
If I can see but my enemy can't who cares? I have a war to win :bhead
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2015, 05:07:11 PM »
You sure live up to your cpid
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2015, 05:08:03 PM »
If I can see but my enemy can't who cares? I have a war to win :bhead

that was...deep.

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2015, 05:13:55 PM »
A deep pile indeed. :old:
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2015, 05:14:24 PM »
He's obviously a troll.
Reminds me of the kill club guy. Prolly one in the same

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2015, 05:24:53 PM »
He's obviously a troll.
Reminds me of the kill club guy. Prolly one in the same
Oh the irony lol

A thread troll calling the thread starter a troll. I'm flame proof woody
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2015, 05:36:40 PM »
For what it's worth, here is my opinion.  I am the CO of the 49thFG.  We do a lot of things in AH that most squads would never consider attempting.  Personally, I find AH2 to be the best WWII simulator out there.  That being said, I don't see this as an arcade fighter game, I see it as a simulator. 
I completely understand that most people want to fly for a few minutes or spawn in and get in to a quick FUN fight.  Trust me, I get it, but that's not all that there is here to do in AH and after years of doing that I now do other things sometimes as well.  I happen to also have the benefit of having lots of squaddies to join me in the things that I find FUN and interesting. 
I think we can all agree that we are here for a CHALLENGE, be that in dog-fighting, bombing, base takes, or GVs.  What ever you do you are doing it for the FUN of finding out whether or not you can beat the challenge.  That IS what makes any game/sim FUN. 
I would like the whole AH community to know that I & the 49thFG think that bombing and bailing is a BS dick move.... That's why we don't do it.  For those of you who are unaware the 49th as well as other squads like to explore the limits of artillery.  YES, that's what I said, artillery!  Our squad can accurately and effectively shell a target from 6.53 miles (not kilometers).  This means we can kill a target without flashing it. 
Yesterday we decided to do what we figured had never before been attempted in AH. To take down both enemy HQs at the same time... with artillery!  Well now it has been done.  Please know that this was not nor could it have been the work of one person.  This was a coordinated effort by 6 people and it took a long time, but for us it was worth it to prove that it could be done.  Our intention was not to piss people off or make anyone rage quit.  Of course a slim grin was had when our mission was proved a success, but we did not do it to frustrate people, just to frustrate the war effort.
The fact is that there are different types of players in AH, and we seem to have a hard time getting along with those of us who are not of the same skill set.  Some ONLY want to furball, some only want to GV, some only want to bomb, and some only want to take bases.  To each their own and there is good reason for all!  We are all here to have FUN; and I, like you get pissed when my HQ goes down, or my bases are porked everywhere, or I sit in a tower and watch a base fall when there is nothing I can do about it, but I don't start whining about it, I start reacting to it and melding the challenges I am up against in to greater goals of achievement.  I'm surely not the best at any one thing, but I am dam good at a lot of stuff.  For instance when Vsix0 flies to 30K to kill my bombers again for the third time in a row, I don't get pissed anymore, I just think, "Dam that guy is good! toejam I wish I was a better gunner after 5 years so I could shoot him down quicker! F**K!!!; got to respect that dedication!"
I conclusion, it is not the goal of the 49thFG to piss everyone off, it is simply to do things that people think can't be done.  After all, if you thought there were GVs 200 miles behind your lines shelling your HQ you would have just killed them... right?  Instead both countries assumed it was one bailing bomber pilot for 4 hours, not multiple artillery batteries waiting for you to get it back up so we could kill it again. 
To Guppy35, please accept our apologies for screwing your Saturday night up a little.  We know online time is precious for us all, and we are sorry to have screwed with yours.  Glad to see you still had a great time with Rud3boi and were even able to take a base!!! WTG!!! Also sorry you had to fly with him whilst his blood was boiling like that. <S> Sir

The point is it shouldn't be that easy to take down. If it was three times as hard... so that it would take a co-ordinated attack by more than one buff.... would 6 of you bothered to try? No, because it wouldn't be possible. You would have had to bring twice, maybe three times the players to accomplish it.

The option to take out HQ shouldn't be taken away, but it should be much harder to do it.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2015, 05:46:41 PM »
I’m sorry Daisy, but I’m a griefer...

... and a griefer’s gotta grief.

Wizz?

I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2015, 05:50:08 PM »
Oh the irony lol

A thread troll calling the thread starter a troll. I'm flame proof woody
Not png proof which is where you are headed.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2015, 06:17:20 PM »
If it was three times as hard... so that it would take a co-ordinated attack by more than one buff.... would 6 of you bothered to try?

Yes, they would have tried six times harder.

A destroyable asset will always have people willing to destroy it regardless of hardness.

Just because some guys invest more brainpower and time to successfully pull it off doesn't mean changes need to be made.

Blame the guys who don't report seeing the signs of an attack or don't report seeing buffs flying toward HQ because they are busy flying 4 minute fighter missions.

If you want to furball exclusively, then furball exclusively and accept that the crutch called radar is an option and not guaranteed........just as it wasn't in the real war.

I figured out what was up in 15 minutes while it took the knights 5 hours and the bish 3.5 hours to come to the same conclusion.

I held my tongue and watched out of curiousity which slowly turned to outrage at the lack of ability to spot the obvious.

Did it really take the knights 5 hours to even check for GV at HQ?

What we are experiencing is players who lack the ability to deduce being angered by the guys who can.

This gets worse over time as the enthusiasts that once made up the player base of combat flight sims are replaced by gamers who lack the knowledge of even the most basic strategy or tactics.

Sure, they can grow in time but they want the game changed so they don't have to learn new skills.

Sad, but true.......and now they are vocal majority who want to bring the common denominator down to thier level instead of upping thier own game.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 06:31:14 PM by icepac »

Offline Phoenix3107

• Copper Member
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2015, 06:29:54 PM »
The option to take out HQ shouldn't be taken away, but it should be much harder to do it.

Why not convince the host to up the hardness on the HQ's for the arena maps?

Options=Arena Setup=Environment=Arena Settings=Hardness=ObjectHardnessMult(HQT)[Set number to desired amount]=Submit
GameID:Phoenix

Also can be found under my DA name
"Lonewolf32097" at www.deviantart.com.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2015, 06:30:57 PM »
Yes, they would have tried six times harder.

A destroyable asset will always have people willing to destroy it regardless of hardness.

Just because some guys invest more brainpower and time to successfully pull it off doesn't mean changes need to be made.

Blame the guys who don't report seeing the signs of an attack or don't report seeing buffs flying toward HQ because they are busy flying 4 minute fighter missions.

If you want to furball exclusively, then furball exclusively and accept that the crutch called radar is an option and not guaranteed........just as it wasn't in the real war.

I figured out what was up in 15 minutes while it took the knights 5 hours and the bish 3.5 hours to come to the same conclusion.

I held my tongue and watched out of curiousity which turned to outrage at the lack of ability to spot the obvious as something easy to spot took an entire country 5 hours.

What we are experiencing is players who lack the ability to deduce being angered by the guys who can.

This gets worse over time as the enthusiasts that once made up the player base of combat flight sims are replaced by gamers who lack the knowledge of even the most basic strategy or tactics.

Sad, but true.......and now they are vocal majority who want to bring the common denominator down to thier level instead of upping thier own game.
Perhaps people are enjoying the game doing what they like to do with their limited time to play and don't want to spend that limited time flying cap over HQ

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2015, 06:33:32 PM »
Then don't.

Anybody who needs radar to furball or find a furball should invest some time learning how to.

It's not hard.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2015, 06:36:27 PM »
Who said anything about a furball?
Not everyone spends all of their time furballing.
Are you one of finetimes squadies?