Author Topic: An Aces High Virus?  (Read 558 times)

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
An Aces High Virus?
« on: February 26, 2015, 09:50:04 AM »
This may be nothing, but just a heads up. I did a full virus scan on my system a few days ago and found a virus. This, despite my Avast software supposedly meant to prevent such things. Hey, crap happens. This first one was just on my C drive and it was quarantined.

I ran another scan a few hours later and found the same virus, Win32.Adware-gen, again on my system. This time it was in my Aces High file. It was again quarantined.

I ran another scan a day or so later and it came up clean. Then, after not playing Aces High for a few days, I went up and played for a short time. Did another scan later in the day and found the same virus once again in my Aces High file.

I don't know if the virus just found that a convenient place to hide (I found a virus in another game years ago), or if I'm actually getting it while playing the game. I'll have to admit I had no idea it was on my system as everything seemed normal.

Just a heads up and if you're one who never scans your system because you think you're anti- virus software protects it, think again. Nothing is perfect. If you find one in your Aces High file, perhaps you should mention it here.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: An Aces High Virus?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 09:53:54 AM »
Interesting.

Though things like these are best sent to HTC directly. If it's something that they feel their customers should know about they will let them know.

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 09:56:52 AM »
True, but in the meantime, if you don't run scans regularly, I'd suggest you run one now. No harm done by doing one and it might take a while for Hitech to look into it.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 10:02:17 AM »
This is not the way to deal with these things.  It really just causes a lot of paranoia.  In the future, please use the appropriate channels to discuss such things (email, PM to staff...).

Your computer is NOT getting a virus from Aces High, or any of the files from any of our servers.  Think about it.  If our network was compromised with viruses, what do you would happen to our own computers here at HTC?

We would be the first ones to tell you if there was a problem.

Many malware/spyware/bots/viruses trigger randomly on executables being launched.  They usually have been installed months before they ever activate in the hopes of mitigating you finding where you got them from.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com