Author Topic: Another dead horse to beat  (Read 951 times)

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
Another dead horse to beat
« on: March 02, 2015, 09:04:17 PM »
Log on this morning (8:00am EDT).. roughly 50 ppl on a large map... kinda tough to find someone else to shoot at.

Log on this evening (8:00pm EDT)..rough 300 ppl on a small map...kinda tough to avoid mass pick attempts one after the other.

Doesn't take a genius to see what needs to happen here.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Another dead horse to beat
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 09:28:11 PM »
define small map, i was on at 5pst.  it was a big map.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 09:48:24 PM »
Log on this morning (8:00am EDT).. roughly 50 ppl on a large map... kinda tough to find someone else to shoot at.

Log on this evening (8:00pm EDT)..rough 300 ppl on a small map...kinda tough to avoid mass pick attempts one after the other.

Nullify the entire win the war effort by switching maps based on time of day/number of players?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 11:14:06 PM »
Isn't there something else we can beat at this point?  I think the horse population could use time to recover. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 07:11:12 AM »

Become better at the game and use better SA? Climb to a higher alt, plan attacks better, learn the plane better, fly planes designed for the type of fighting you are doing, ect ect...

Seems like a logical approach there.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 07:19:13 AM »
Maybe split the difference?  Say login around 2 PM EDT and then it should be fairly balanced.  Right?   :headscratch:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 07:53:17 AM »
The solution is to get over it. I come on at different times of any day, and no matter the map or the numbers playing, I have absolutely no problem finding the type of fight I want. Maybe your criteria for "fun" needs to change......
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 08:45:24 AM »
The solution is to get over it. I come on at different times of any day, and no matter the map or the numbers playing, I have absolutely no problem finding the type of fight I want. Maybe your criteria for "fun" needs to change......

Maybe you are the one with an obscure idea of fun.

Personally I hate defending under the cloud of a horde. Also really hate to have to jump from flashing base to flashing while we have no dar to see if it's under attack or its a milk runners set of buffs popping town centers.

The players have changed game play to the simplest for to win the war. Tactics are a waste of time, strategy is a waste of time. Heck the dropping of HQ isn't tactical, it's just to tick off a whole country/team.

Offline Fate

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 09:02:44 AM »
Become better at the game and use better SA? Climb to a higher alt, plan attacks better, learn the plane better, fly planes designed for the type of fighting you are doing, ect ect...

Seems like a logical approach there.

This right here is the answer to the question posed. Not that I like it any. It takes all the power out of my b*tching & moaning, and if there's one thing I do well, b*tching & moaning is it.

Come to think of it, this answer sucks.  :D

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 09:05:35 AM »
It is funny how winning the war is so important to people. In the last year of playing (although I don't play as much for personal life) I have only been playing where my team actually won maybe ONE time. ONE time a year I got 50 perks (which I could gather in 3 sorties). So IMO winning the war and taking that part of the game seriously is just miniscule.

An other oxymoron is all of the people flying timid, and safe, and don't want to furball or get in deep fights, and then their stats would tell you they still aren't producing many kills, they still die just as much or more, and they never become better at the game, it is almost the exact opposite of how they perceive flying "smart"

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 10:58:47 AM »
Lol "kinda tough to avoid mass pick attempts one after the other"

This is so simple to overcome. If you have problems with low numbers in big arenas AND large numbers in small arenas you will have to do either what waystin or violator said.

I'll be honest I found it a bit silly how you also had a problem with the exact opposite.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 03:30:40 PM »
Isn't there something else we can beat at this point?  I think the horse population could use time to recover. :)

The horses are already dead, we're just beating them because we like the sound it makes.

If you have a problem with the vulching issue, then take off from a base that's further back. Even on the smallest map we have, I've rarely seen any cons at the deepest friendly base. The cons that I do see are usually bombers raiding the strats.

Edit:
Also, is there any chance we could get a dead horse beating emote?

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 06:43:21 PM »

Thanks for putting this in perspective. This is usually my exact attitude. I can usually adjust and have fun no matter what the situation but not lately. This is most certainly not an arrow issue. The issue lies with the Indian I'm afraid. The arrow hasn't changed for 15 years but this Indian has. Think it may be time for a short break.

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 06:45:40 PM »
Lol "kinda tough to avoid mass pick attempts one after the other"

This is so simple to overcome. If you have problems with low numbers in big arenas AND large numbers in small arenas you will have to do either what waystin or violator said.

I'll be honest I found it a bit silly how you also had a problem with the exact opposite.

Do you find it silly that a farmer hates both a flood and a drought?

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 06:50:17 PM »

Well........   :bolt:
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women