Author Topic: What are those stars next to people's names?  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Warty

• Copper Member
What are those stars next to people's names?
« on: March 08, 2015, 10:55:12 AM »
I took a year or two off, and came back recently. There are stars next to some people's names in the buffer. I looked around the help/etc., but I can't figure out what those are. Someone said they are achievement related. But what are they, exactly? Are they per tour? Per account?

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
Re: What are those stars next to people's names?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 01:19:00 PM »
Warty,

When you are in the tower, bring up the clipboard and click on the achievement tab.   At the top, you can choose show accomplished or unaccomplished tasks that will earn you achievement points.   As you complete these tasks, you accumulate points which reach levels that give you stars.  I think the first level is 1,500, second is 3,000, third is 6,000 and the fourth level is 9 or 10 thousand.   Each level corresponds to a star designation 1, 2, 3, or 4 stars.  You can click on the reputation tab and see a graphic line of your progress.  You can even enter another player's name and look at their tables.   It really doesn't mean anything other than it's a goal oriented feature added to the game that is fun to tackle challenges for yourself.   Some of the challenges are amusing.   It does in instances challenge players to try new planes and tasks that they would normally not try.   Have fun with it and best of luck.

one-eye
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 01:21:17 PM by 1ijac »
"One-Eye"

Offline Warty

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 04:56:35 PM »
Thanks 1ijac, that's what I was missing. I'll check that out next time I have the game up. I knew it had to be written down somewhere...

Offline donnieboy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 11:52:47 AM »
Thanks for the explanation. I was also wondering what the achievement system was all about. I just returned from a couple years away. Just got a star yesterday..woohooo :banana:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 03:06:21 PM »
Just got a star yesterday..woohooo :banana:

A star is born  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 07:44:05 AM »
Wtg donnie :cheers:
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk