Author Topic: Fester map- fix it, or take it out of rotation,plz  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: Fester map- fix it, or take it out of rotation,plz
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2015, 07:01:07 PM »
Great map i think,  I dont like the strat system on all maps,  which is my only issue with the fester map.

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2015, 07:11:44 PM »
Here is a possible quick “fix” to the Fester map.

As I understand it, HTC can move strat objects round pretty quickly and re-publish maps.

If true:

1.   Push the City and HQ objects to the back

2.   Spread the objects apart (one issue right now is the City and HQ are lined up so a raid can destroy the city and three minutes later fly straight and then kill the HQ) .

3.   Get HQ close to the 163 base.

4.   Put City and HQ very close to resupply points

Just an idea.
=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2015, 07:24:54 PM »
icepac the keyword is if somebody is watching.   couple of years ago I spent countless hours waiting for the vtards to roll bases.  I would kill the ords on some bases to make it easier for me to find out the base that was most likely to get hit on the knight side.  I became friends with some of the vtards and i guess I was so successful at busting their noe's that they thought there was a spy among them.  that really made me proud but on the other hand i would fight maybe 4 or 5 times a night.  that was a high cost to me as I would spend way too many hours waiting.

now a days I am lucky to get 3 or 4 hours a week and I am sure as hell not gonna spend it watching hq or wondering if vtards or any other squad is doing noe's.

but you on the other hand have found out about gv missions and what not and yet care not to share with your countrymen while at the same time decided to help them on their mission.

so dont blame the others, blame yourself for it as we all try to count on whoever is on country to share info.  it is a team effort, not a help the other side's team them blame your own country effort.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2015, 01:31:21 PM »
Not blaming anybody for my gameplay experience.

I have no trouble finding fights, strat raiders, gv spawn camps, ships to torpedo with pt boats,  or any other of the many types of actions we have at aces high.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2015, 01:43:24 PM »
Not blaming anybody for my gameplay experience.

I have no trouble finding fights, strat raiders, gv spawn camps, ships to torpedo with pt boats,  or any other of the many types of actions we have at aces high.

I have the exact opposite experience, which happens to coincide with those times you are not online.

Your anecdotal experience is a small sample size compared to the very real gameplay limitations many of us experience...
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2015, 11:17:21 AM »
As far as dar is concerned the bar always shows when the enemy is outside of its dar ring or when a friendly is near to the con. . .

Not always.  As understand it "bar dar" (aka sector counters), the red and green bars across the top of each sector are supposed to grow relative to the number of planes, both enemy and friendly that are above 250 feet AGL.  Frequently, the bar isn't being updated, and you may look like you are flying into a sector with no enemy cons, and when you get there, there are several over 10K waiting for you.  Knowing it's not possible for a p-51 to warp to 10k in the amount of time it takes you to get half way into the sector, you know it's a bug/glitch. 

So your always should really be "should"
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2015, 01:08:21 PM »
off hours the map is pretty good.  Just need them dar bar colours fixed.   Not sure how that even happens thought it was a game thing and not terrain.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2015, 01:16:35 PM »
I don't like how it's a 20 minute flight to resup the HQ.

It's unlikely though that HTC is going to take any action to fix the issues with the map while the new terrain engine is in the works. They've been putting all their resources towards that since all the terrains need to be updated to work with it anyway.