Author Topic: Won the War?  (Read 1317 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Won the War?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 08:45:28 PM »
So easy to find the gaps with you guys... split you wide open at will nowadays. Bishops no different. Appreciate your countries predictability!

well see that's the problem, we knights play this game to have fun, you guys play because you think there's something that can be won  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 11:20:52 PM »
I take bases because I want to use them.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2015, 12:03:15 AM »
Okay, so I'm confused again (no surprise there  :o).  Does a player sitting AFK in a tower affect ENY or not???  I could've sworn Lusche said that it doesn't...  Maybe I remembered incorrectly. :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 07:44:49 AM »
Does a player sitting AFK in a tower affect ENY or not???  I could've sworn Lusche said that it doesn't... 

He never said that ;)

ENY is about all players, including those in tower.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 10:51:21 AM »
so whats the status on receiving victory perks?  I thought you had to log a extended period of time with the winning country and did not have to be logged on at the time of victory?  :headscratch:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2015, 11:05:25 AM »
so whats the status on receiving victory perks?  I thought you had to log a extended period of time with the winning country and did not have to be logged on at the time of victory?  :headscratch:

Like I said before: It used to be that way long ago, but isn't anymore. Now you've got to be
- on the victorious side for at least 12h
- online at the moment the war was won (and this is what changed)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2015, 12:02:31 PM »
Like I said before: It used to be that way long ago, but isn't anymore. Now you've got to be
- on the victorious side for at least 12h
- online at the moment the war was won (and this is what changed)

when do the 12 hours start?

semp

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2015, 12:16:19 PM »
well see that's the problem, we knights play this game to have fun, you guys play because you think there's something that can be won  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl.

semp

This is how I explained it in a old thread:

The "war" is like a pool tournament that happens to be going on at the local watering hole.  Knits wake up after a night of drinking, girls, and a good old bar fight and say "Damn, that was fun".  Bish wake up alone with their plastic pool trophy and call their buddies "Golly, that was fun, silly Knits came in last in the tourney".  Rooks wake up and take the cash they made from betting on the pool tournament and rolling drunk Knits to the bank with a grin the whole time.

AMAX  in game

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2015, 12:17:28 PM »
when do the 12 hours start?

semp
Follow on to this

Winning the War     

The parameters for winning the war can vary, depending on the configuration of the terrain. You can find the current requirements by right clicking on the clipboard map and selecting country status from the menu.

At that time, the arena is reset, a different terrain is rotated in with the country territories randomly set, and a perk point bonus is awarded to players that have been in the winning country for a minimum of 12 hours prior to the end of the war. 

Since the "documentation' is sparse, this above is all we have to go on.  Is that 12 hours since you changed sides (12 hours of play as that chess piece), (in that arena ?), (that map?) 

Your guess is as good as mine. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2015, 12:23:27 PM »
Follow on to this

Since the "documentation' is sparse, this above is all we have to go on.  Is that 12 hours since you changed sides (12 hours of play as that chess piece), (in that arena ?), (that map?) 

Your guess is as good as mine.

I dont change countries.  been a knight for many years.  yet I have been online when the war has been won but I havent played a lot and got awarded no perkies.  not that I really care about the perks, but was just curios.

semp

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2015, 12:25:51 PM »

He never said that ;)

ENY is about all players, including those in tower.

Ah.  Sorry about that.  It is the reason I asked....again. lol :bhead

So an auto-boot feature wouldn't be an overly bad idea then.  15 minutes, then auto kicked.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 12:41:56 PM »
Ah.  Sorry about that.  It is the reason I asked....again. lol :bhead

So an auto-boot feature wouldn't be an overly bad idea then.  15 minutes, then auto kicked.
Here is the problem...

Make a 15 min autoboot when in the tower, and people who are that hurting for perks will up a jeep, and sit in a hanger while AFK... Fix that by saying "no control inputs in 15 min", and bomber guys on autoclimb will get dinged.  (etc, etc)

The many variations so that a person actually playing isn't effected would be a coding nightmare

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2015, 01:06:45 PM »
Here is the problem...

Make a 15 min autoboot when in the tower, and people who are that hurting for perks will up a jeep, and sit in a hanger while AFK... Fix that by saying "no control inputs in 15 min", and bomber guys on autoclimb will get dinged.  (etc, etc)

The many variations so that a person actually playing isn't effected would be a coding nightmare

I don't think so.  After 15 (30?, 60?) minutes of no new control input, you get a popup that says "You are showing inactive and will be logged out automatically in 5 minutes"  and a button that says "Click here to remain logged in". 

I'm no programmer, but I doubt thats a coding nightmare. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 01:08:51 PM by Aspen »
AMAX  in game

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2015, 01:18:43 PM »
This is how I explained it in a old thread:

The "war" is like a pool tournament that happens to be going on at the local watering hole.  Knits wake up after a night of drinking, girls, and a good old bar fight and say "Damn, that was fun".  Bish wake up alone with their plastic pool trophy and call their buddies "Golly, that was fun, silly Knits came in last in the tourney".  Rooks wake up and take the cash they made from betting on the pool tournament and rolling drunk Knits to the bank with a grin the whole time.

haha this is perfect. :cheers:

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2015, 03:36:38 PM »
I don't think so.  After 15 (30?, 60?) minutes of no new control input, you get a popup that says "You are showing inactive and will be logged out automatically in 5 minutes"  and a button that says "Click here to remain logged in". 

I'm no programmer, but I doubt thats a coding nightmare.

Judging by how high some of these bomber guys are. I have to assume they are taking off, and going to the kids soccer game on climb out. Should they be booted?