Author Topic: A-320 crash  (Read 3137 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: A-320 crash
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2015, 07:25:19 AM »
im curious why germanwings could not fly over French airspace direct to dusseldorf.

It's a budget airline. They choose the cheapest options for airspace and airfields. For example when you fly Ryanair etc. you may fly from some real small secondary airports because their charges are much lower than the main airport.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2015, 07:26:34 AM »
Not exactly Sir. Learjets do not use O2 bottle for pressurization, they use bleed air off the engine compressors made suitable for breathing via one or more air conditioning Pack. They carry a small amount of emergency O2 for the pilots. Typically enough to cover an emergency decent or to fight an on-board fire.

Learjet model 35, registration N47BA had according to the NTSB been "snagged" for pressurization issues prior to the day of the accident but had been rectified.

This is an exact quote from the NTSB accident report:
The probable cause of this accident was incapacitation of the flight crew members as a result of their failure to receive supplemental oxygen following a loss of cabin pressurization, for undetermined reasons.

Your are correct, the supplemental oxygen bottle was the one that needed to be opened manually as part of the pre-flight.     When they lost pressurization off the engine for what ever reason, they had no demand oxygen.   Thanks for the info.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2015, 07:38:22 AM »
BBC reporting that the Co-Pilot deliberately locked out the Captain, started the descent,  was alive until impact.

Imagine that, why, just why? :frown:
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2015, 07:54:19 AM »
I wonder if the cockpit recorder recorded the co-pilot chanting the prayer of the dead.  Looks like  terrorism.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2015, 07:57:26 AM »
They seems to deny that he was linked to any terrorist group.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2015, 08:00:00 AM »
They seems to deny that he was linked to any terrorist group.
  He killed a plane load of people and himself, sounds like terrorist to me.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2015, 08:02:22 AM »
I wonder if the cockpit recorder recorded the co-pilot chanting the prayer of the dead.  Looks like  terrorism.

He isn't the first suicidal pilot nor would they be the first to go crazy in the cockpit for a myriad of reasons.

While it's possible I don't put a suicidal individual into the terrorist hat without some supporting evidence.  Until then it's a selfish individual (the word I'd use would call him a potato or something)  I'd think a terrorist would want to make a bigger splash, if you will.  Crashing a jet in the middle of some mountains doesn't fit that agenda without some groups claiming responsibility right away and blowing their horn.  Rolling in a 3000fpm descent and making your peace with whatever deity...I can see that.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2015, 08:02:30 AM »
Perhaps its time to add a third person to the cockpit, armed.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2015, 08:03:44 AM »
Depends on how u define "terrorist". But imo its about motive, if he did it for political reason, then its an act of terror, regardless of religion etc. If it was an act of psychic disorder then its not a terrorist act.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2015, 08:06:05 AM »
Perhaps its time to add a third person to the cockpit, armed.

:O

Yeah and they can hire a flock of quiet birdmen to do the job too.  Just need some stripes and a hat with scrambled eggs on it to remind you of the good ol days, right?

It's bad enough keeping frigging cameras out of the cockpit now you want some goon with a gun?  NFW.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2015, 08:12:09 AM »
:O

Yeah and they can hire a flock of quiet birdmen to do the job too.  Just need some stripes and a hat with scrambled eggs on it to remind you of the good ol days, right?

It's bad enough keeping frigging cameras out of the cockpit now you want some goon with a gun?  NFW.

I know a number of Air Marshals that  are flying everyday in the US and on some international flights.  Not asking for a goon, but  if there had been a third guy in that cockpit do you think the result would have been the same? 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2015, 08:18:24 AM »
Paging Egypt Air.........

Sadly looks like your correct.

Just sad.
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2015, 08:19:58 AM »
With time and technology we can hopefully remove these irrational, emotional, fallible, sometimes suicidal stick monkeys from the cockpit altogether.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2015, 08:20:46 AM »
I know a number of Air Marshals that  are flying everyday in the US and on some international flights.  Not asking for a goon, but  if there had been a third guy in that cockpit do you think the result would have been the same?

And what prevent that guy from flipping out and kill the pilots?

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2015, 08:21:01 AM »

No, I don't think it would be different. I'm not going to discuss openly the FAMs or their operation but an FFDO is enough.  Someone jumpseating all the time who is supposed to shoot you if you do something weird?  What do they know about what's weird or not? 

Bad idea not withstanding where are you going to find them?  You're not able to staff every single flight.

There's a certain irony that these doors are meant to keep bad guys out of the cockpit.  No thought given to what happens if they are in the cockpit already.