Author Topic: The most "thirsty" AH player  (Read 5533 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: The most "thirsty" AH player
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2015, 10:55:59 AM »

2. Getting a gear shot off with 8 kills and going to land with all your glory, put down the gear to land like a boss and take pretty pictures of your plane after the epic run. Only to touch down, have your plane fall over, wing breaks off, you cant stop, and you roll to the grass with nothing you can do and end up with a ditch....

Sigh  :bhead

I had an equally good one last night.  Landed with one gear shot off, didn't notice it, about 3 feet from touchdown noticed only one gear light on, touched down, actually dragged the wingtip, firewalled the throttle and got the wing off the ground, lifted off again, raised the gear and went to set it down, but the wingtip drag had pulled me to the left and though I touched down the belly land on concrete, I skidded into the dirt for the ditch.   :bhead

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 10:57:03 AM »
First time I went to land the TA-152(with 8 kills)  :bhead That F***** plane and its F**** Baby Dear leg landing gear
See Rule #4

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 11:43:14 AM »
The F4U4 in previous times, I don't know if it's the same, but when it first came out, I had to be the king of the ground loop on landing - I barely flew it, but I mean easily more often than not I would have a  kill streak on its way to the glory if the hero lights, and I would end up off the runway, broken gear, and I would just sit in disbelief and mentally swearing at my own stupidity. 

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2015, 11:48:46 AM »
Well let's just say I max out at 4 kills usually when I'm drunk enough to not know if my undercarriage is up or down anymore  :bolt:
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 12:09:33 PM »
Warbeast/MANoWAR, unless we're talking current players only.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2015, 12:20:29 PM »
The F4U4 in previous times, I don't know if it's the same, but when it first came out, I had to be the king of the ground loop on landing - I barely flew it, but I mean easily more often than not I would have a  kill streak on its way to the glory if the hero lights, and I would end up off the runway, broken gear, and I would just sit in disbelief and mentally swearing at my own stupidity.

:O Broken gear on a corsair...  Unless they've changed it since the wayback, that's REALLY impressive.  About the only thing that seems to take a harder landing than a corsair in my experience is a P38.  You can do some truly bizarre things with that plane on landing and not break gear.

Back to the original question from the OP, I'd say most of the people who gun for top scores would have to be pretty 'thirsty'.  For attention, squeakers gotta squeak but Manowar and Middy get my vote just because they appear to be adults.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2015, 12:36:04 PM »
Back to the original question from the OP, I'd say most of the people who gun for top scores would have to be pretty 'thirsty'. 

Actually, having 'top scores' give you very little attention, and the little you get is most likely to be very negative. ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2015, 12:37:41 PM »
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2015, 12:49:41 PM »
Actually, having 'top scores' give you very little attention, and the little you get is most likely to be very negative. ;)

Well, the question was posed as thirst to be the best as well as attention.  I agree with what you say about the attention part, but I think going for top scores requires a commitment that would take a fair bit of motivation if they've decided that's 'being the best'.

Most people that show up to things like KOTH have some level of desire to be good as well.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2015, 01:21:31 PM »
What is E.L.E.?

Extinction Level Event
Who is John Galt?

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2015, 01:31:05 PM »
Tree.

/thread

:D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2015, 01:37:57 PM »
I was gonna nominate myself, but then I realized you weren't talking about beer.

I thought this thread was going to be about who drinks the most while flying as well. I was going to brag that I would win that easily  :D :cheers:

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2015, 01:53:11 PM »
Walleye
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2015, 02:04:21 PM »
C'mon, somebody do it.  It's just dangling there, ready, willing, wanting...
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2015, 02:25:34 PM »
C'mon, somebody do it.  It's just dangling there, ready, willing, wanting...

It's more entertaining not to.

Wiley.

JG11