Author Topic: They did it again!  (Read 8738 times)

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
Re: They did it again!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 06:12:52 AM »
Well... Dropping your HQ is a piece of cake without spending 15 hours to drive there, i can kill it anytime and u can do nothing to stop me. But due to the effects on the game i dont drop HQ, it dont really help my team and it dont help the game.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 07:58:41 AM »
I can't for the life of me figure out why someone would want to drive 15 hours in a make believe tank, just to take down the other team's HQ.

I'm all for the commitment. I think that was very courageous of you. But holy macral what were you guys thinking??

Anywho can't wait till I find one of your bomber missions! I'll be licking my chops  :devil

What is your ingame name BTW?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:11:41 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2015, 08:35:34 AM »
To be honest idk why we do it...I will do gv base takes or hit strats in GVs if its within 3 sectors. I think we (not including myself O dont have the patience) do it because no one else does. We can effectively and accurately drop anything with an artillary strike from 6miles (no flashing of base). I think thats something that the 49th will use to accomplish objectives IE base sneaks or dropping town and or deacking for a force thats ib. I prefer bombs but hey its everyones $15 right? and my ingame name is 49Boob.
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2015, 09:09:36 AM »
I can't for the life of me figure out why someone would want to drive 15 hours in a make believe tank, just to take down the other team's HQ.
Me either, but I commend their effort.  I think 1 lanc being able to take out HQ is bull feces, but this is brilliant. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2015, 09:38:01 AM »
 :eek: LVT's have that much gas?!
See Rule #4

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2015, 09:43:20 AM »
:eek: LVT's have that much gas?!
i understand fuel isn't modeled in gv's. Its unlimited
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2015, 11:25:11 AM »
Congratulations for removing yourselves from combat for 2 days, for your actions, I award to you on behalf of the Knight government, the Knights Cross. Now stay the hell off our lawn.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2015, 02:57:38 PM »
I think that was very courageous of you.

No.  First, nothing in this game is courageous as it is just a cartoon, not real.  However, if you are talking cartoon courageousness then still no.  There is no flashing, no darbar, no indication whatsoever of the attack until after it's successful.  So zero probability of the mission being a failure.  Zero probability of going against any resistance.  100% probability of success.  And it's all based on a "feature" of the game, namely that the HQ can't be bothered to pick up the phone when the first shell lands and tell someone it's under attack.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2015, 03:09:22 PM »
No.  First, nothing in this game is courageous as it is just a cartoon, not real.  However, if you are talking cartoon courageousness then still no.  There is no flashing, no darbar, no indication whatsoever of the attack until after it's successful.  So zero probability of the mission being a failure.  Zero probability of going against any resistance.  100% probability of success.  And it's all based on a "feature" of the game, namely that the HQ can't be bothered to pick up the phone when the first shell lands and tell someone it's under attack.

And the point is? Could it because they did something unorthodox and you didn't?
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2015, 03:11:43 PM »
And the point is? Could it because they did something unorthodox and you didn't?

I'd say the point is it's about as impressive as leaving Progress Quest on for a couple days and crowing about the results.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Hetzer7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2015, 03:15:16 PM »
wtg 49th <S>

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2015, 03:28:24 PM »
Wiz, are you the official spokesman for the 49th?

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2015, 03:49:20 PM »
I'd say the point is it's about as impressive as leaving Progress Quest on for a couple days and crowing about the results.

Wiley.

This was directed at 715 and the quote didn't wanna cooperate  :neener:
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2015, 03:52:58 PM »
To be honest idk why we do it...I will do gv base takes or hit strats in GVs if its within 3 sectors. I think we (not including myself O dont have the patience) do it because no one else does. We can effectively and accurately drop anything with an artillary strike from 6miles (no flashing of base). I think thats something that the 49th will use to accomplish objectives IE base sneaks or dropping town and or deacking for a force thats ib. I prefer bombs but hey its everyones $15 right? and my ingame name is 49Boob.

Well you guys def bring some strategies to the war game. No complaints there.. Other than if I'm playing and you kill my HQ, I will find you and I will kill you, although I don't do the whole tank thing so you lucked out there.

I do however like boobs  :cheers: if you didn't notice  :D

But what is Wizz's ingame.

I need to know so I can send my spy LVT 300 miles inorder to track down his every move.  :devil
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2015, 04:30:07 PM »
Well you guys def bring some strategies to the war game. No complaints there.. Other than if I'm playing and you kill my HQ, I will find you and I will kill you, although I don't do the whole tank thing so you lucked out there.

I do however like boobs  :cheers: if you didn't notice  :D

But what is Wizz's ingame.

I need to know so I can send my spy LVT 300 miles inorder to track down his every move.  :devil

It's FineTime
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"