Author Topic: Worst beer of the year award  (Read 879 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: Worst beer of the year award
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2015, 09:59:53 PM »
Grolsh was Dutch wasnt it? I remember it, along with Becks it was one of the first big selling imports and it was the only beer with the cork top. Boy times were hard back then for beer drinkers in America. After being in Europe all those months nothing made here could compare. But times have changed and I'd put Yank beer up against anyones.

There isnt a whole lot of beer I dislike. Im older now and when I have one or two a day I can afford to be more selective then I did at 19yo and was drowning in suds on a regular basis. BTW I drink AB Ale all the time. I think its great.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2015, 06:40:45 AM »
After being in Europe all those months nothing made here could compare. But times have changed and I'd put Yank beer up against anyones.

I will agree with you to an extent. The microbrewers have changed the market for the better.  I was in the States last year and was impressed with the beer you could buy in the grocery store. Used to I would have to go to The Flying Saucer to get good beer in the States.

I will argue that still - German Pilsner and Hefeweizen is still unmatched in the States.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2015, 07:54:00 AM »
Fat Tire.  Horrible.  It's like drinking a candle.

I don't mind PBR Light.  I lived on Bud Light in college but I can't stomach it now.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2015, 04:10:29 PM »
Brew 102...so terrible that it took them 101 attempts to make a drinkable beer.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song