Author Topic: Memorial flight scheduled  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Doc4

• Copper Member
Memorial flight scheduled
« on: April 07, 2015, 01:07:06 PM »
First of all I have to thank this entire community for the outpouring of heart felt condolences, I speak for our entire squad when I say thank you  :salute

Cashew would be quietly ecstatic to see this.

The Unforgiven and Peanut (grandson) will be having a memorial flight in the MA on Thursday at 9:00 pm CST. It will be announced on 200, and will be routed to middle of map (depending on map) all countries are invited to join our VOX for this will be 263
Doc4
~~~The Unforgiven~~~

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Memorial flight scheduled
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 01:11:13 PM »
So I assume its a combat mission...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Trainee

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 01:21:59 PM »
Negative non combat flight.
Trainee
~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~
"Step aside Butch..."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 01:58:45 PM »
Negative non combat flight.

That rarely works in the MA, for obvious reasons. You might get exceptionally lucky, but it there is a reason non combat flights are usually done int he SEA (the CM's are very helpful in these cases).

The last allegedly 'non combat memorial flight' I witnessed in the MA ended in a bloodbath, not only in the air but even more so on CH 200, PMs and this forum.

(Edited the many spelling & grammar errors as pointed out by Zoney  :old:)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 02:18:34 PM by Lusche »

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 02:09:16 PM »
That rarely works in the MA, for obvious reasons. You might get exceptional lucky, but it has a reason non combat fligths are usually done int he SEA (the CM's are very helpful in these cases).

The last allegedly 'non combat memorial flight' I witnessed in the MA ended in a bloodbath, not only in the air but even more so on CH 200, PMs and this forum.

feel sorry for anybody who starts shooting in a memorial flight , no class at all
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 02:10:21 PM »
Last time we had a memorial flight was for the 49th, I believe, about 60 or so players from 3 countries were there.  no firing.

given proper announcement most guys who want to participate will be there and those who dont wont show up.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 02:13:17 PM »
That rarely works in the MA, for obvious reasons. You might get exceptional lucky, but it has a reason non combat fligths are usually done int he SEA (the CM's are very helpful in these cases).

Agreed.  AvA has already offered to host this, and SEA people probably will as well.  It's a needless risk, for no obvious gain, to do it in the MA.

- oldman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 02:15:30 PM »
feel sorry for anybody who starts shooting in a memorial flight , no class at all

First, you would have to know that there is one.

Only a fraction of players ever read the BBS at all. Only a fraction of the players is tuned to 200. Many don't even keep much attention to the country channel. They just fly towards the enemy.
Then add to it the confusion of the MA and the fact than many players have only a limited command of the English language. And once the first bullets start to fly, you have a great chance general mayham will commence "But they shot first!" - "No, you did!"

Been there, seen that. More than once.

If you do not want to be shot at, use the SEA. MA is a chaotic place of combat. Everyone being around here for some time should know that by now,

After having seen that so many times, and even got fooled by a "memorial" B-29 mission that suddenly flattened our strats, I have no inhibitions myself anymore.
If it's red, it's dead. The MA is no sanctuary.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 02:33:52 PM »
Keep in mind quite a few do not monitor 200 including me.  Announce it on 200 then asked for each country to post it on country specific channels and more than once.  That should work.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 02:40:43 PM »

Agreed.  AvA has already offered to host this, and SEA people probably will as well.  It's a needless risk, for no obvious gain, to do it in the MA.

- oldman

The AVA folks took care of our needs for Bentnail's memorial. Highly recommended.  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 03:53:15 PM »
We will be honored to host what ever you may need . Right down to Cashews favorite ride . Just let Jaeger or a member of the AvA staff know and we will be happy to help out !
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 04:06:23 PM »
Lusche is quite right.  I have seen a number of memorial flights end badly because someone was not aware of what was going on.  You might get lucky, then again, you might not.

No reason to risk it.  Just announce it in the MA, and those who wish to honor the downed pilot will attend.  Having it in the AvA or the SEA's insures someone will be able to make sure it goes off as planned, with no disruptions.

Just a thought, nothing more.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 04:11:43 PM »
I would be willing to help out with the SEA PM me.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Doc4

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 05:10:50 PM »
I truly thank all of you for your concern and input, especially thanks to you CM's for volunteering your time. However we are going to charge ahead as planned, I will post a request to "pass the word" on 200 (awesome advise), and would appreciate any help in other countries that I can get.
Thanks to you all, and once again all are welcome to fly...

:salute
Doc4
~~~The Unforgiven~~~

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 05:14:46 PM »
<- polishing his 262  :evil: