Author Topic: A memorial to the fallen  (Read 1002 times)

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
Re: A memorial to the fallen
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2015, 08:42:04 AM »
 How about sheep with the names of the fallen branded on them.
what a better way to go out then to be resurrected as a sacred aces high sheep !!!

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2015, 08:48:57 AM »
Indestructible monument is a great idea. I doubt people would be petty enough to say someone doesn't deserve to be on it......maybe put it between a field and town so it could be driven up to and viewed, or seen as you take off. Lots of guys no longer here that still make me smile when I think about them.

A wall of honor visible in the oclub would be nice as well.
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2015, 09:04:28 AM »
it's a nice idea but think about all the trouble that it may cause because a guy or two.

-you have an object and people are gonna want to destroy it, just for the hell of it.  and if you dont think it will happen then look how hq being destroyed is frowned upon by the majority but some make it a point to bring it down.  just because they can.

-the fights over if this person or that person deserves to be added.  or have one name removed for whatever reason.  should we add the guy who passed away recently even though he hasnt played in 5 years but played for 10? who decides what is the cut off time and even then there will be more arguing over the requirements.

-we have lots dozens since I got here 8 years ago.  how far back do you guys want to go?  and why not longer?

most squads have a memorial page for their own  and I think we have at least one guy who has one for those he knows about in ah.  we should keep this going or maybe we should have somebody volunteer to do a webpage and hitech post a link to it.  think this would be better rather than having a monument in the maps that people will argue, fight and quit the game because of somebody's moment of drunkenness or stupidity.

semp

The idea and variants of it has been suggested many times over the years. To add to teh reasons why not is and has also been proof. Some being easier to obtain then others of the certainty of actual death.

What someone might want to do if they were so inclined is create their own AH memorial webpage or offline map that people can visit privately.

I would suggest that if someone were to undertake such an effort. It not be based solely on "deserve". The only requirement should be that the person be actually dead and should actually have been a subscriber to the game as for better or worse everyone who has ever graced this game with their presence has contributed to it in one way or another.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2015, 09:49:42 AM »
AirWarrior had bases names after players (not necessarily those passed on). I know th convention here is generic (and it's a practical thing) but a static map (like the DA or TA) could feature memorial base names.

Offline Acidrain

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2015, 11:45:32 AM »
it's a nice idea but think about all the trouble that it may cause because a guy or two.

-you have an object and people are gonna want to destroy it, just for the hell of it.  and if you dont think it will happen then look how hq being destroyed is frowned upon by the majority but some make it a point to bring it down.  just because they can.

-the fights over if this person or that person deserves to be added.  or have one name removed for whatever reason.  should we add the guy who passed away recently even though he hasnt played in 5 years but played for 10? who decides what is the cut off time and even then there will be more arguing over the requirements.

-we have lots dozens since I got here 8 years ago.  how far back do you guys want to go?  and why not longer?

most squads have a memorial page for their own  and I think we have at least one guy who has one for those he knows about in ah.  we should keep this going or maybe we should have somebody volunteer to do a webpage and hitech post a link to it.  think this would be better rather than having a monument in the maps that people will argue, fight and quit the game because of somebody's moment of drunkenness or stupidity.

semp
couldnt you just put in a small zone where guns would be disabled?

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2015, 11:56:10 AM »
How about sheep with the names of the fallen branded on them.
what a better way to go out then to be resurrected as a sacred aces high sheep !!!

AirWarrior had bases names after players (not necessarily those passed on). I know th convention here is generic (and it's a practical thing) but a static map (like the DA or TA) could feature memorial base names.

both pretty cool idea's, although im partial to cobia's idea more! I LOVE SHEEPS!!!!

Offline jimbo71

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2015, 12:42:24 PM »
Engrave the names on shore batteries
xxxJCxxx

Skill, Altitude, Airspeed: You need 2 out of 3...