Author Topic: The game play lately sucks!  (Read 19463 times)

Online scott66

• Gold Member
Re: The game play lately sucks!
« Reply #225 on: April 25, 2015, 11:25:59 PM »
Honestly. That is about the only way I see that will actually stop the goings on.
In the end it doesnt matter a ton to me as I dont use 200 a whole lot anyway
personally I'm addicted to it. ...I can't belive they don't charge extra for it. .just sayin..you just have to put everything you see on 200 into perspective. ..
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #226 on: April 26, 2015, 08:38:41 AM »
Ok then you very well know that this has been going on for as long as we both have been here and dispite all efforts continues to this day and will for the foreseeable future.
Short of getting rid of text in its entirety. What do you suggest that is actually going to work that hasnt already been tried?

Its a lost cause to stifle it we will just be here at yet another future date repeating the same arguments like a bad broken record of hamsterdance.

Regardless of the rules. 200 is still a choice and not the default. Rather then repeat everything I just said about changing channels. Just refer to those. If enough people are objectionable to the goings on on 200 and simply switch back to default. The argument becomes irrelevant

Yes it has been going on forever, I think however that it has been getting far worst.

200 was always "ruff and tuff" that is why HTC moved it from channel 1 to channel 200, in essence making people accept that it can get ruff. But over the last couple years we have had more and more internet tough guys show up and make a career at being annoying, instigating little bullies. How long did it take to close down the "Kill Club"?

There are rules, no religion, no politics, yet both can be seen blasted across the radio nightly. No swearing has always been an iffy issue. Some nights it's ok, other mutable instantly. Of course it is much harder to monitor over vox but that is probably the place it's needed the most. I know kids are far from that innocent these days but there are still those who try to teach their kids not to sound like 2nd hand scum by dropping the F bomb every other word. How many kids are going to be allowed to subscribe if their parents walk in and hear that crap blasting out of their headsets?

The point is it has gotten worst and it needs to be cleaned up. Much like the game play, if you don't watch over it people will find a way to screw it all up. If you don't have controls in place and use them there is no tell what the environment will morph into. From a business stand point I'd think you'd want to keep the environment and game play in a place that keeps the most people happy and comfortable. Alienate people and watch the subscriptions drop.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #227 on: April 26, 2015, 10:15:19 AM »
Dude. 200 was created so that you COULD talk about the very things you hate.
It was made so that you had to choose to tune into 200. It is not the default channel for a reason.

This is not accurate. 200 all ways existed as a cross country channel just like all 2xx channels.

After channel 1 was closed a player had the bright idea of getting everyone to tune 200 for old channel 1 text traffic there by skirting our idea of closing the general chat channel. We had no way of preventing this use other then to close all cross country traffic (I still consider this at times). Later we changed 200's color after it had already become the general chat.

HiTech

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #228 on: April 26, 2015, 10:22:14 AM »
(I still consider this at times).

HiTech
:(

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #229 on: April 26, 2015, 10:35:33 AM »
Disabling channel 200 will have a direct effect on minimizing the community feel of Aces High.

Those that take Aces High so seriously that they need to spy will not be affected by eliminating cross country communication. Frankly, if they are going to pay for an additional account then using text messages, Ventrilo or some other software outside of Aces High is a very small hurdle to jump.

I would;

1. Decrease the threshold number of people required for a mute and decrease the amount of time someone is muted.

2. Employ more moderators. Btw, those poor guys deserve a medal for the bullcrap they deal with on daily basis.

Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #230 on: April 26, 2015, 11:55:33 AM »
2. Employ more moderators. Btw, those poor guys deserve a medal for the bullcrap they deal with on daily basis.

Yup.

- oldman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #231 on: April 26, 2015, 12:02:19 PM »
Disabling channel 200 will have a direct effect on minimizing the community feel of Aces High.

Those that take Aces High so seriously that they need to spy will not be affected by eliminating cross country communication. Frankly, if they are going to pay for an additional account then using text messages, Ventrilo or some other software outside of Aces High is a very small hurdle to jump.

I would;

1. Decrease the threshold number of people required for a mute and decrease the amount of time someone is muted.

agreed!

Offline master80

• Zinc Member
« Reply #232 on: April 26, 2015, 12:07:00 PM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl
That is true, though. There should be more mods out there.
~242nd Sloppy Terminators~
huh what happened

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #233 on: April 26, 2015, 12:34:57 PM »

I would;

Fine. Go for it. But Ill bet a months subscription that a year from now. We are having the same argument.

Whats that definition of insanity again?

I personally dont care one way or the other. I dont spend all that much time on 200. Im much more tired of seeing the arguments about 200 then I am of anything Ive seen on 200
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #234 on: April 26, 2015, 02:40:10 PM »
How  about 250 for Ladies and Gentlemen ..... where even being a little rude or somewhat slightly vulgar gets you muted and displaying  bad taste gets you an official warning..........
 :police:
Ludere Vincere

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #235 on: April 26, 2015, 04:08:56 PM »
Fine. Go for it. But Ill bet a months subscription that a year from now. We are having the same argument.

Whats that definition of insanity again?

I personally dont care one way or the other. I dont spend all that much time on 200. Im much more tired of seeing the arguments about 200 then I am of anything Ive seen on 200

Until the Community is willing to police itself, I would double your bet.   It's funny because everybody on Rookland knows a few people who will openly drop multiple f-bombs and they protect them.   I have never witnessed this on Bish/Knight.   One would surmise that "it happens on all three", when in fact it does not.    Simple things like that, are preventable and while do not affect myself and most others.   The questions are:  Were they new?   If so, did they say "screw this" and cancel?    I would imagine over the years, while rare, with even one person leaving because of it, is one too many.

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #236 on: April 26, 2015, 06:07:29 PM »
People act out because they seek the response they get.

Think about it, because therein lies how you end the acting out.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #237 on: April 26, 2015, 06:50:17 PM »
Until the Community is willing to police itself, I would double your bet.   It's funny because everybody on Rookland knows a few people who will openly drop multiple f-bombs and they protect them.   I have never witnessed this on Bish/Knight.   One would surmise that "it happens on all three", when in fact it does not.    Simple things like that, are preventable and while do not affect myself and most others.   The questions are:  Were they new?   If so, did they say "screw this" and cancel?    I would imagine over the years, while rare, with even one person leaving because of it, is one too many.

Naa. Happens in knitland too.  I'd even venture to say ti would be easier to list those that havent partaken then those that have. Its probably the same all over because our countries are only make believe. There is no different culture between knit/rook bish as there is say between the USA and Tibet and Egypt
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #238 on: April 26, 2015, 09:40:21 PM »
How many players who complain about vox and chan 200 utilize .report often?

Less complaining. More reporting.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Fate

• Zinc Member
« Reply #239 on: April 26, 2015, 10:58:17 PM »
Politics and religion aside, most of the issues on 200 stem from hypocrisy.

Everyone wants to vulch and brag about it, but vulch those same players and they'll go berserk on 200. Everyone wants to gang, but no one wants to be ganged. Everyone wants to to win a head-on, but beat someone in a head-on and you'll never hear the end of how the person who killed them has "no skill."

Funny thing about people... they tend to assume the way everyone else sees the world is the same as the way they see it.

I can't say I haven't done all 3 - doubt many here can - but there's a big difference between an occasional out-of-character misstep and making a habit out of playing like a coward. And there's an even bigger difference when you're bragging about playing like an arse. I can't recall one time ever bragging about doing any of the above, nor can I remember any of the MANY players I respect here bragging about such actions either.

Personally speaking, when I'm making a fool of myself on 200, it's usually because I'm calling out players that are skillful enough not to have to engage in such BS but do so anyways. That's the real shame IMO... skilled players that have the ability to fight a good fight but choose to act cowardly / fight dirty instead.

In the end, we all have different views on what gameplay should entail. I try my best to remind myself, before opening my mouth, that not everyone is in it for the same reasons I am. Sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. But at least I try. Perhaps you should do the same the next time you assume everyone suffers from the same lack of character evidenced above.

Speaking of character, I had the pleasure to fight ZENSEN today... who after making a bad move and losing advantage, went OUT OF HIS WAY to avoid his own ack, further losing advantage in the process, just to continue an otherwise awesome fight. As far as I'm concerned, he won that fight (with his honor intact), regardless of whos plane went down first.