Author Topic: Switching Arenas when HQ goes down  (Read 2571 times)

Offline Phoenix3107

• Copper Member
Switching Arenas when HQ goes down
« on: April 13, 2015, 12:02:49 PM »
I may not know yet what it's like to have your HQ taken out for two hours, or what seems to be a pointless effort trying to resupply it, but I do listen to what the threads have to say about this type of stuff.

As it sits, the LWA is practically the most popular of all the arenas in AH, probably due to some good reasons: using all available planes and gv's, perk points and ENY, all that jazz. Then somewhere along the line, the HQ gets taken out of business causing people to mainly log off and do other things, which is okay imo. But here's the kicker: There are literally TWO other arenas just sitting there! Why hasn't anyone thought in their mind's that if the LWA's HQ's dies, why not check out what's going down in the EWA or MWA at least once a month? Is it because of the whole "perk farming" cliche? The limited planes and gv's used in the time of the war? The maps? What?

I'm not trying to start something here, but it wouldn't hurt to use another arena in case the main one goes down for two hours. By the time two hours have gone by, the HQ in the LWA would be back up and running(that is unless, someone's using the bomb&bail technique every time the HQ respawns).

That or submitting to the host to multiply the hardness of the HQT and the objects around it by some numbers until the hardness issue is fixed for AHIII. That's just my thoughts on the matter.
GameID:Phoenix

Also can be found under my DA name
"Lonewolf32097" at www.deviantart.com.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Switching Arenas when HQ goes down
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 12:09:15 PM »
There are literally TWO other arenas just sitting there! Why hasn't anyone thought in their mind's that if the LWA's HQ's dies, why not check out what's going down in the EWA or MWA at least once a month?

Reposting my screenshot from the other thread:

Now it's beginning of my timezone's primetime and there are 82(!) in LW, 4 in EW and 3 in MW, with 0 in all others.

That should pretty much answer why I "don't check them out"
(For the record, I played in both EW and MW quite a bit back when there still was gameplay in them)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 02:50:48 PM »
By the time two hours have gone by, the HQ in the LWA would be back up and running(that is unless, someone's using the bomb&bail technique every time the HQ respawns).

That's exactly what people are doing, the bomb&bail technique and keeping it down for many hours.

That or submitting to the host to multiply the hardness of the HQT and the objects around it by some numbers until the hardness issue is fixed for AHIII.
What evidence do you have that the HQ problem is going to be resolved in AHIII?  All I've  seen HiTech communicate is pictures and screen shots of pretty water and pretty sunrises.  I've seen no statements that the HQ problem is going to be resolved.

Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 03:21:15 PM »
I'm pretty sure it will be fixed, or something. I've heard speculation about ingame changes, not just purty graphics.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 04:06:53 PM »
I'm pretty sure it will be fixed, or something. I've heard speculation about ingame changes, not just purty graphics.

I'm pretty much in agreement with you, but speculation is precisely all it's been as far as gameplay changes go.  HTC's been studiously quiet about it, which is their usual M.O.

Until it's released, I'm not going to comment one way or the other as there's no facts to base anything on.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 01:08:39 PM »
I switched arenas------to Call of Duty: Black Ops
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 01:34:46 PM »
A new version is not required to fix the "HQ problem".  It can be fixed in about 5 seconds with the current version.  The hardness of the HQ (and everything really) is just a number in an editable lookup table.  You can edit yourself in offline mode.  You can increase it as much as you like.  All that is required is for HTC to increase it for everyone in online mode (since, obviously, players can't edit anything in MA online mode).  Since the change is trivially easy, and since it hasn't been done, I find it highly unlikely that it ever will be done.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 01:49:29 PM »
A new version is not required to fix the "HQ problem".  It can be fixed in about 5 seconds with the current version.  The hardness of the HQ (and everything really) is just a number in an editable lookup table.  You can edit yourself in offline mode.  You can increase it as much as you like.  All that is required is for HTC to increase it for everyone in online mode (since, obviously, players can't edit anything in MA online mode).  Since the change is trivially easy, and since it hasn't been done, I find it highly unlikely that it ever will be done.

This is not correct, it would change only for that arena session, and after a reset it would be back to default. If it was an easy change I would have done so already.

HiTech

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 01:56:12 PM »
I will say I hopped into the midwar arena the other day when I saw 10 people in. My squadie recommended I try it. Low and behold I find the 10 guys porking bases and upped to go stop them. My first sortie I got 6 kills and packed a nice 65 perkies, the next sortie I got 5 and got a other 40 perkies. In 2 sorties I easily racked up 100 perks and it was like taking candy from a baby.

Last night, I'm not sure what that map was called, but the HQ got knocked out. I rolled from a base further behind my lines (as FHS were down at the base I wanted to up) I knew that is where the enemey was, so I was able to calculate that I would find a buncha con's to get mixed up with along the way. I sure found a fight alright and it wasnt soo bad.

If I had the time and knew how to do it, I'd post a FFA or Team death match in the custom arena with a smog 8 map and make it a 16 player map.

Then I'd market it all over the boards during off hours for people who just want to fight to come on in.

I had so much fun on small maps in H2H with only 8 people allowed. If someone could make a custom arena popular during off hours with people who just want to fight around, the fun ceiling would definitely be higher. 
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 02:02:43 PM »
This is not correct, it would change only for that arena session, and after a reset it would be back to default. If it was an easy change I would have done so already.

HiTech

Well, at least we get a straight answer.   :salute

(My question then would be....   Why is the default setting hard to change?)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 02:04:22 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 02:30:32 PM »

Could've been a drunk answer.

:bolt: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2015, 02:54:20 PM »
Truth is so 1992.

No wonder Hitech stays silent. Social Justice is all the rage on the Internet today. What can he do in the face of:

"I don't care what you say unless it's what I want to hear because I don't believe you!! Even if you cross your heart on a stack of preachers!!"

Wouldn't it be easier to beat him up over coding too slow. That would make more sense. Coding is something he can do realllllll gooood...... :O

Acting like ex-wives at alimony time is no different than kicking him to the curb every time you talk to him. How long can any of you take that kind of treatment? Oh I forget, you get to hide behind the Internet. He doesn't. In Internet gaming terms, You Win. Yeah right.......numptys.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2015, 03:53:19 PM »
Funny thing about HQ in the mid & early they are still killing HQ with nobody on from that country?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2015, 04:10:22 PM »

my guess, It may have something to do with the "alpha". Everything is tied together at the cores I would think. Doesn't matter which arena. So messing with it now could maybe cause problems with the alpha testing. Seeing as the alpha is all about "fixing" things and getting them right, why take a chance to add more issues.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2015, 04:25:04 PM »

HiTech

OK we can understand that in the current version nothing easy can be done, but please do tell us its been resolved in the new version?  That with all the work and effort that has been put into the new version that this HQ problem, which has been complained about for the last 5 years, and had untold number of suggestions put forth in the wish list, please tell us that in the new release of AHIII that the problem with being HQ and DAR has been resolved.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes