Author Topic: Beta By Now...  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Beta By Now...
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2015, 02:24:46 PM »
I honestly don't expect it to go into full release until sometime next year. We might see an open or closed beta by then end of this year. That's just my guess though.

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 04:33:15 PM »
Skuzzy did told me in a month or two when everything is finally ready to be released. Its taking this long?? It must be really good.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline shake307

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2015, 07:20:31 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
   :rofl Going to definitely use this one at drill this weekend.
Respect is granted, not demanded.

Let's get drunk and fly!

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2015, 07:24:17 PM »
Much work to be done.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2015, 09:13:52 PM »
Well I sure hope the release isnt until next year, don't know if I can wait that long to considering the current gameplay but then again if nothing is done to change the game play it's just going to be the same thing with eye candy.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 09:18:22 PM »
Well I sure hope the release isnt until next year, don't know if I can wait that long to considering the current gameplay but then again if nothing is done to change the game play it's just going to be the same thing with eye candy.
Same stuff diff day with you. The game play is not getting old bud. You are. If your tired of it, go play pacman.
Peanut1 in game.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2015, 12:20:08 AM »
Same stuff diff day with you. The game play is not getting old bud. You are. If your tired of it, go play pacman.

Sorry I think you have me mixed up with someone else I don't come on here and complain on a daily basis as a matter of fact I don't complain much about the game at all like I said the game play lately is bad I never said it's getting old try some reading comprehension.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2015, 12:43:08 AM »

Numbers have a significant impact on gameplay.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2015, 08:24:55 AM »
See Rules #2, #5
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 09:12:53 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2015, 08:48:49 AM »
Numbers have a significant impact on gameplay.
People have complained about numbers on this game since the dang ice age.
Peanut1 in game.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2015, 09:05:49 AM »
People have complained about numbers on this game since the dang ice age.

No, they haven't. Only since they went down so much that it started to have an impact. Nobody in 2006 or 2008 (or even 2010, when the numbers already went down) ever complained about having not enough players in general. Nobody even cared about the actual numbers. Only very few did take actually note of them.

But when you have less than 30 or even less than 20 players online (at regular conditions), with less than 10 "inflight" ... you basically have no gameplay to speak of anymore.

When I came to AH I remember action packed sunday afternoons, as the arena was well filled up at ~200 players. Kazaa did his Sunday Bombing Missions, with dozens of joiners. Whatever you where looking for you usually were able to find. Nobody would have thought to complain about the numbers, because 20 or 30 more or less... would not have made a difference you'd have noticed.

Last Sunday afternoon I was looking at an arena with less than 80 players and only one battle.... that was happening between the two other countries over a critical base for them.
Weekdays at the beginning of 'Euro prime' we are also down to so few players that you can consider it to be a luck if there's one fight on your fronts, and not "over there".
No fighter sweeps, large armored thrusts. No big bomber missions, as we are dispersed all over a huge map (a remnant from a time when we had much more players.

To suggest that low numbers have no impact on the quality of gameplay borders on ignorance. And telling players who have trouble finding the battles they came for to "go away and play pacman" ain't particular helpful with this issue either.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2015, 09:49:53 AM »
This game ROCKS!

If you think it is not challenging enough get out of the &%^@ LA7\Spit16, fly under 12k (i.e. get outta orbit) and run to enemy ACK instead of yours.  :old:

EDIT: Other Suggestions
* Fly a P-51d but use all methods except boom-and-zoom and running.
* Fly a P-40.
* Get out of any plane you routinely get 3+ kills in per sortie and up the next variant down.
* Fly a P-40.
* Engage in up hill battles in a plane that cant climb.
* Fly a P-40.
* Burn off 80% of your ammo before taking off.
* Fly a P-40.
* Fly for fun instead of score.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 09:56:13 AM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2015, 10:20:28 AM »
This game ROCKS!

If you think it is not challenging enough get out of the &%^@ LA7\Spit16, fly under 12k (i.e. get outta orbit) and run to enemy ACK instead of yours.  :old:

EDIT: Other Suggestions
* Fly a P-51d but use all methods except boom-and-zoom and running.
* Fly a P-40.
* Get out of any plane you routinely get 3+ kills in per sortie and up the next variant down.
* Fly a P-40.
* Engage in up hill battles in a plane that cant climb.
* Fly a P-40.
* Burn off 80% of your ammo before taking off.

* Fly a P-40.
* Fly for fun instead of score.

Again, all useless if there is no one to fly against. Also useless against those who cant/won't fight.

Chasing noe's,  porkin buffs, HQ stealth bombers, or running endless resupply runs isn't what people are going to spend their money on.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2015, 11:14:24 AM »
Fugitive I agree with you on that point.  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2015, 12:15:26 PM »

Yes, the game play is old and needs to be changed to help attract and keep new customers.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song