Author Topic: Stupid things you did or fell for when you were new  (Read 3192 times)

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
Re: Stupid things you did or fell for when you were new
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2015, 11:57:32 AM »
One of my first sorties in a p38 I was flying towards a furball and dove into the fight, locked up and flew straight through the fight and lawndarted into the ground lol.
"Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder"
           Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker

---Committing scientific murder since tour 157---
                       :devil

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2015, 12:10:27 PM »
I fell for the rope do often it wasn't even funny - AH1 though.  In WBs I tried to outturn a zero in FW many times before I finally figured out it just won't work
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2015, 12:36:35 PM »
I fell for the rope do often it wasn't even funny - AH1 though.  In WBs I tried to outturn a zero in FW many times before I finally figured out it just won't work

I really liked how WB displayed kills immediately in the buffer. So if you taunted someone on open channel, people could see which one lived up to his words lol. It also enabled you to hunt certain players when you saw them kill your friends.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2015, 12:56:23 AM »
ok heres one.
When I first came here the first bird I flew was the YAK because thats what I flew in AW. First flight in the game ever I got 2 kills. But I didnt like the way it flew because I couldnt fly it like I did in AW. So I switched to the FM2 and then the 109F which I could fly similarly to the way I flew the YAK in AW

It was probably a year before I knew what ENY was or why anyone would care about it
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2015, 02:07:08 AM »
I fell for the Ole "come have fun killing crabby at the  crab boil " trick..a cruel  invitation sent by crabby and Latrobe to lure there tasty prey in with the promise of free seafood..but the only thing they served was a rusty old can of whoop @%#$! ..luckily I wised up and only returned about 4 more times :neener: :bhead :devil
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 02:20:26 AM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2015, 02:14:48 AM »
Then there was that time about 2mo ago when I lost 432 bomber perks in 45sec upping a set of b29s on auto take off. ..who knew those things were so heavy. .stupid trees just off the runway  pfffffft  :bhead don't go AFK!!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 02:17:19 AM by scott66 »
"scott66"        

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2015, 02:25:22 AM »
I fell for the Ole "come have fun killing crabby at the  crab boil " trick..a cruel  invitation sent by crabby and Latrobe to lure there tasty prey in with the promise of free seafood..but the only thing they served was a rusty old can of whoop @%#$! ..luckily I wised up and only returned about 4 more times :neener: :bhead :devil

We made it as fair as we could, us 2 vs 15 of you guys sounds like good odds :) . Actually that's incorrect. It wasn't 2v15, it's more like 1v1v15 as I try to steal all of Crabby's kills and he tries to steal mine  :devil

Offline master80

• Zinc Member
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2015, 02:28:02 AM »
I made the mistake of flying with and putting my trust in Coalcat many times.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 02:29:34 AM by master80 »
~242nd Sloppy Terminators~
huh what happened

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2015, 02:40:00 AM »

We made it as fair as we could, us 2 vs 15 of you guys sounds like good odds :) . Actually that's incorrect. It wasn't 2v15, it's more like 1v1v15 as I try to steal all of Crabby's kills and he tries to steal mine  :devil
LMAO yup it was hilarious you and crabby's biggest threat was each other and crashing from laughing so hard hehe
"scott66"        

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2015, 02:43:03 AM »
Then there was that time about 2mo ago when I lost 432 bomber perks in 45sec upping a set of b29s on auto take off. ..who knew those things were so heavy. .stupid trees just off the runway  pfffffft  :bhead don't go AFK!!
awwww you can afford to lose some bomber perks , i gave away total about 2500 just cause i got older  :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2015, 02:48:17 AM »
awwww you can afford to lose some bomber perks , i gave away total about 2500 just cause i got older  :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead
LOL MIKEY. .I left my damn laptop at home :bhead 10 days withdrawal symptoms growing lol but I'm having gf bring it to me tonight. She not happy says I act like I miss AH more than her :bolt:
"scott66"        

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2015, 03:07:02 AM »
LOL MIKEY. .I left my damn laptop at home :bhead 10 days withdrawal symptoms growing lol but I'm having gf bring it to me tonight. She not happy says I act like I miss AH more than her :bolt:
Just give her a good pounding..if you know what i mean, she will totally forget about aces high.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2015, 06:06:44 AM »
I really liked how WB displayed kills immediately in the buffer. So if you taunted someone on open channel, people could see which one lived up to his words lol. It also enabled you to hunt certain players when you saw them kill your friends.

That's right!  I forgot about the live buffer - that was awesome.  I wished we had that here.

It would especially work for the large egos that carry around several kills and get shot down :evil:
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2015, 06:31:17 AM »
That's right!  I forgot about the live buffer - that was awesome.  I wished we had that here.

IIRC AH that something like that until tour 30 (july  2001).

Considering we only have half the number of kills now, you might be able to lobby for it's return...  :noid
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2015, 11:11:13 AM »
Just give her a good pounding..if you know what i mean, she will totally forget about aces high.
LOL I'll make it the best 2.5 min of her life :aok :rofl
"scott66"