Author Topic: Biggest "crutch" plane of AH  (Read 7150 times)

Offline Pawz

• Nickel Member
Re: Biggest "crutch" plane of AH
« Reply #180 on: May 08, 2015, 08:08:00 PM »
38s I'm so freaking tired of getting picked by them. I mean at least they look good but looks don't count.
When I die bury me in a P38.

I watch day after day, week after week, tour after tour, the Bishops and Rooks take bases and win maps while the Knights stand there with their thumbs stuck in their butts. It's just pathetic!

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #181 on: May 08, 2015, 08:24:44 PM »
38s I mean at least they look good but looks don't count.

Correct unless they have perfect T and A and then that's all that counts.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #182 on: May 08, 2015, 09:01:38 PM »
Having recently given the P-39 a try, I will say it's not as terrible as I once though. Given an opportunity, it can be a killer.

Thank god it's entirely incapable of forcing an opportunity. Flying it has renewed my zeal in opposing the P-63.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #183 on: May 09, 2015, 01:50:35 AM »
if they wont add the p63 then i vote for removal of the ta-152 yak3, la5n!,3 Gun La7, P47M
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #184 on: May 09, 2015, 02:01:58 AM »
if they wont add the p63 then i vote for removal of the ta-152 yak3, la5n!,3 Gun La7, P47M

And spit16! :old:
See Rule #4

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #185 on: May 09, 2015, 08:39:09 AM »
That is a weird list you have.  I can see how you relate the Ta152, P-47M and 3 gun La-7 to the P-63, but the presence of the Yak-3 and La-5FN breaks the mold. F4U-1C, C.205, Brewster, Ostwind, Wirbelwind, Me163 and, heck, the Spitfire Mk IX fit the mold much better than do the La-5FN and Yak-3.  Or glzsqd's Spitfire Mk XVI.  Those last three were produced and used in the thousands compared to the low hundreds or less of the others.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #186 on: May 09, 2015, 09:35:52 AM »
That is a weird list you have.  I can see how you relate the Ta152, P-47M and 3 gun La-7 to the P-63, but the presence of the Yak-3 and La-5FN breaks the mold. F4U-1C, C.205, Brewster, Ostwind, Wirbelwind, Me163 and, heck, the Spitfire Mk IX fit the mold much better than do the La-5FN and Yak-3.  Or glzsqd's Spitfire Mk XVI.  Those last three were produced and used in the thousands compared to the low hundreds or less of the others.

Lol, I just hate the Spit16 :D

I flew it a few times this week and I don't understand how anyone can ever lose while flying it.
See Rule #4

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 09, 2015, 10:07:48 AM »
I flew it a few times this week and I don't understand how anyone can ever lose while flying it.

I look forward to see your stats in "the plane you can't lose in" after flying it for a full tour   :devil
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #188 on: May 09, 2015, 10:12:38 AM »
Lol, I just hate the Spit16 :D

Fly it for a tour. Its not a miracle plane and does have weakness just like the other spits. I always thought that people that complain about late war plane "low eny" could always fly mid war or early war. Problem solved and their wouldn't be a need to squeak about being killed because you made a decision to fly a p40e...

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #189 on: May 09, 2015, 10:21:43 AM »

I look forward to see your stats in "the plane you can't lose in" after flying it for a full tour   :devil

It makes me depressed flying it for a day :(. Can I fly the Spit 1 instead?

Fly it for a tour. Its not a miracle plane and does have weakness just like the other spits. I always thought that people that complain about late war plane "low eny" could always fly mid war or early war. Problem solved and their wouldn't be a need to squeak about being killed because you made a decision to fly a p40e...

Let me know when the Early and Mid war have anyone in them :aok.

My comments on the Spit16 are tongue-n-cheek, I'm well aware of its weakness's(Sub-par top speed, Fragile wings, Unstable low speed handling, etc etc)

Back pedal complete :aok

See Rule #4

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #190 on: May 09, 2015, 10:24:01 AM »

Why don't you fly the P-40E for a whole tour, so you can properly compare it with all the "weaknesses" of the Spit XVI?   
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #191 on: May 09, 2015, 10:30:42 AM »
Why don't you fly the P-40E for a whole tour, so you can properly compare it with all the "weaknesses" of the Spit XVI?

I second this motion! *bangs gavel until it breaks*
See Rule #4

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #192 on: May 09, 2015, 10:38:40 AM »
Back when the spit16 was first introduced, sonic22 and I tested it with duels and use to do 3 full emmilmans from the start as we tangoed. We couldn't believe its performance but those fights were incredibly fun!

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #193 on: May 09, 2015, 10:50:18 AM »
Back when the spit16 was first introduced, sonic22 and I tested it with duels and use to do 3 full emmilmans from the start as we tangoed. We couldn't believe its performance but those fights were incredibly fun!

WAIT! When did they add the spit16?
See Rule #4

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 09, 2015, 10:52:36 AM »
WAIT! When did they add the spit16?

In November 2005, tour 70 (along with the Spit VIII and the 109G-14) :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman