Author Topic: What is your primary goal when playing AH?  (Read 4247 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: What is your primary goal when playing AH?
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2015, 10:05:14 PM »
The fight is the thing. All else is conversation.

You walk miles across manicured grass in strange clothing and have to put up with boring stories about work you're not interested in dragging a bag that keeps getting stuck and has more in it than the store you bought it from. But then, you swing just right and the ball goes like a well aimed rocket and the sound off the club is the sweetest "tink" ever made. Same thing.

You drag yourself out of bed in the dead of winter and get out of a perfectly warm car to go into a very dark, very cold ocean. Then you catch one that rears up and you're racing along, fully in control. Surfboard and man as one, carving up and down, turn after turn. Perfect lines. Same thing.

Enduring hour after hour of ack hugging, Dora running, window licking, chest beating, gangtarding "pilots", someone will come from somewhere and for about five minutes you can match move for move, turn for turn and feint for feint. And in that small time you can completely immerse yourself in the fight. Then when you review the film you're shocked that what you thought was about 30 minutes, was in fact five. And, in the end, winning is good and losing is irrelevant.

Get that and you'll get why I play Aces High.

Very nice post, Threeup, I got to where you're at 20 years ago, good to see all of  the others to find it

~§~

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline M1A1

• Copper Member
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2015, 07:18:24 AM »
Spending time with my squaddies. Since my divorce I have much more free time and I enjoy spending it with my squaddies. I like working as a team no matter what we are doing. Nothing beats laughing the night away with a bunch of folks you respect and admire. After leaving the Army (17 years) I find that I missed the team work aspect that I had in my life and I get that need met here. I don't know what I would have done without my buddies help and support in the last few years and the game for me has been an escape and a release. The people are what keep me coming back the game is what it is and I try to improve all the time but in the end it is the interaction with others that is the driving force behind my being here since 09...

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2015, 06:50:15 PM »
Depends. By far on the top of the list is the fight of all fights that last a long time, starting from working to the deck.
Or Bracket fights.

Becoming Better to make encounters with other folks, so they have to earn thier kill satisfying thier wanting a good fight.

Killing is fun. Using techniques you learn Is fun. And i love teaching new guys.

Also derping is fun. Latrobe, Crabby we need to derp when i return!

And have fun. Fly with different groups, make friends, and have a good time.
The key is having an open mind :salute :devil :banana: :joystick: :old:

But ive only played once in the past year :(
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 07:03:19 PM by Zacherof »
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2015, 09:37:01 PM »
to have fun!! I don't ho cause anyone can do that, and im not anyone. I like the challenge of getting on someone's six or dying trying. I love defending a carriers in twin 5 inchers and I love tank night in the AVA!

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2015, 11:26:31 PM »
TROLLING
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2015, 12:32:10 PM »
Cherry picking knife-fighters.   :neener:
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2015, 03:51:03 PM »
My goal is to smack people around in my P-38J while having a crap load of fun doing it.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2015, 03:50:48 AM »
My goal is to smack people around in my P-38J while having a crap load of fun doing it.
mission accomplished  :D
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2015, 01:47:44 AM »
My primary goal is to practice for the next scenario I'll be playing in.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2015, 07:40:39 AM »
Initially it was to be the first kid on my block to get a kill in 1941 Spit V.  Now its to poke people in the virtual eyes, and have some fun.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2015, 09:49:47 AM »
I said the fight before but I think, Immersion is the better answer!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2015, 10:36:06 AM »
Upping a Spit V while the horde is attacking a base and staying in the weeds spinning and dodging and shooting one or two down as 5 try desperatley to shoot you down. Laughing while 3 auger diving down from 3k to kill you as you turn to avoid.. and lasting what seems like forever but was probably only a minute or two... before finally you get shot down... and then read on the 200 buffer from a player I had great respect for as a pilot, but mainly a class act, not a trash talker :  NwBie?  Holy crap !!  lol

Funny how that one "sortie" sticks in my mind ... and I haven't played in quite a while, but it still is fresh in my mind.. people have fun and get enjoyment in different ways, there are many goals. I can remember many moments, but mainly the ones when I laughed my arse off with squaddies and different en-mes who had a decent sense of humor.
Lots of class acts in this game and I have always recommended this game for that reason. Ignore the whiners and enjoy the companionship of the ones who realize it is a game - games are meant to be fun :)
 :rofl
NwBie
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline CeeEff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2015, 04:08:59 PM »
To find a fight, and, win, lose or draw, get through it without doing something stupid.
Two examples from this weekend:
Up a F4U1D on a JABO flight. Both sorties result in two town building and two gun emplacements down..... :banana:

Mission 1 ends when engaging two Spits on the way back to base. After first pass I lose track of Spit #1, Think I have found him again as he kills me from my low 6.......   :bhead

Mission 2 starts the same. I also engage two Spits (at the same base). Fly several passes, avoid being sandwiched, keep my energy up but get killed by one of the Spits from D600+   :aok

Dead both times but #1 was stupid and #2 was unlucky.
One who only enters into engagements that they can win is destined to mediocrity.
I will fight anybody but mediocrity is still a distant dream.
In game ID: Lazur

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2015, 04:59:09 PM »
I try to fly at least one, if not many more, mission profiles totally unlike any I have flown before.

I just don't know how guys can fly the same planes the same way over and over.