Author Topic: What is your primary goal when playing AH?  (Read 4193 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: What is your primary goal when playing AH?
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2015, 10:37:27 PM »
I just want a fight. Had a great one against Dred a couple weeks ago. I don't care if Im in a fighter, buff, or GV I just want a fight.

I don't want a joust, I don't want to pick or vulch tho I will if thats all there is, don't want to spawn camp but again I will if that is all there is.

I fly 6-8 hours almost every Saturday. I can count on one hand how many fights I get in that time most weekends.  :(

To you sir

Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline seano

• Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2015, 10:57:20 PM »
When I'm a bish, the goal is to win the map.  Usually posting missions and begging people to join.  When I'm rook or knight, my goal is to prevent the evil bish from winning the map. 

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2015, 12:12:57 AM »
i want to be the best at every aspect. I want to be the best fighter, bomber, tanker, base taker, strategist. Although I'm not any of them I like to feel I can hold my in all the aspects of the game. But I would want to be the best.

There was a time where that mattered more to me.  But I was younger, put more hours into it and thought it really mattered :)

Now it's for fun, bs'ing with friends and the hope that I'll have one knock down drag out fight on the few nights a month I get to fly.

What I try to be the best at is in bringing as much history into the game as I can. 

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2015, 01:17:27 AM »
There was a time where that mattered more to me.  But I was younger, put more hours into it and thought it really mattered :)

Now it's for fun, bs'ing with friends and the hope that I'll have one knock down drag out fight on the few nights a month I get to fly.

What I try to be the best at is in bringing as much history into the game as I can.
well corky I see what you are saying as that is the path I am soon to taking... I'm only 20 but been playing since 15, I am a lot more likely to stay online with a full roster of squadies, over a good night (landing big numbers) by myself.

There will always be that "eletist" part of my ego, but that comes with my age. :)
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2015, 01:44:19 AM »
Have fun.

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2015, 02:05:58 AM »
  i want to be the best at every aspect. I want to be the best fighter, bomber, tanker, base taker, strategist. Although I'm not any of them I like to feel I can hold my in all the aspects of the game. But I would want to be the best.

I think this quote surmises the feelings of most of us old farts who've been around a decade or so, at least it does for me. Although I may never accomplish all that I want, I will aspire to be the best I can under any given situation.
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2015, 03:54:05 AM »
It's always about outfighting the other guy. Actually fighting another person to some people is just pulling your stick to your belly and hoping you down black out :)  To me it's about a lot of things.  Keeping your head on a swivel, judging the state of energy of enemies, knowing the weakness and strengths of enemies planes, flap deployment, throttle management and so on and so fourth.  It's a constant science experiment that I enjoy to dabble with in my free time :)

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2015, 04:58:53 AM »
The fight is the thing. All else is conversation.

You walk miles across manicured grass in strange clothing and have to put up with boring stories about work you're not interested in dragging a bag that keeps getting stuck and has more in it than the store you bought it from. But then, you swing just right and the ball goes like a well aimed rocket and the sound off the club is the sweetest "tink" ever made. Same thing.

You drag yourself out of bed in the dead of winter and get out of a perfectly warm car to go into a very dark, very cold ocean. Then you catch one that rears up and you're racing along, fully in control. Surfboard and man as one, carving up and down, turn after turn. Perfect lines. Same thing.

Enduring hour after hour of ack hugging, Dora running, window licking, chest beating, gangtarding "pilots", someone will come from somewhere and for about five minutes you can match move for move, turn for turn and feint for feint. And in that small time you can completely immerse yourself in the fight. Then when you review the film you're shocked that what you thought was about 30 minutes, was in fact five. And, in the end, winning is good and losing is irrelevant.

Get that and you'll get why I play Aces High.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2015, 08:52:58 AM »
Defending my land...No matter the chess piece I am...I want to keep my bases...sometimes successful some times not...all times funstrating.
 :cheers:

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2015, 09:00:49 AM »
To annoy the crap outta you bunch of dweebs with my ultra magnificent skills - oh alright then, to have fun, laughs and a rare kill here or there. Gotta tell ya, it sucks being the worst pilot in game.

:neener:
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2015, 12:22:38 PM »
Put on my headphones and ignore my wife for a few hours on a Friday night!   :x
Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2015, 12:36:58 PM »
Take up the time that I should be using to pursue attractive, younger women.  AH is a far better value. 

Out in the real world, $14.95 can only buy a couple of drinks and a bogus phone number.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2015, 12:40:41 PM »
I've been running rental property for 6 years now, the stress of having 50+ tenants is alcohol or "relief". Problem is one trip to a bar would run me $45 where Aces fills up a few weeks a month for $15.

JG 52

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2015, 01:19:47 PM »
Put on my headphones and ignore my wife for a few hours on a Friday night!   :x

That task becomes easier the longer you are married
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2015, 06:31:32 PM »
Whilst having fun trying to hold my fire while I give the baddies copious amounts of opportunity to shoot my tail off, while trying to maneuver behind their 3 - 9 line so I can take shot. Doesn't work to often, but it keeps me smiling.  :cheers: