Author Topic: Why All This and the Folks I've Known  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Re: Why All This and the Folks I've Known
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 08:29:52 AM »
:salute :salute :salute

My 2nd day in AH Hap took myself and 4 other players on a b17 run. He taught me everything i needed to know in one sortie.

Hap is My Jedi Master and  I forever Grass Hap-pa!

Hope to see you in the next version sir  :cheers:

Wizz, ty for the kind words.  Getting new players ship-shape and sorted out is something I love to do.  Happens less frequently now.  For me it was some of the 99's who were kind to me.  I'd ask if I could fly along and watch.  Still, took me a year or two to put things together.  Can't forget Relic and the DFA boys.  I was with them for a some time; also Thunder Egg and the 91st.  I remember on the night he lost his Father, he told us the sad news. I started PM'ing squads to just fly along with the guy.  Several showed up.  Not much chatter.  Just company, and when it is the right sort, that is saying something.

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2015, 09:41:19 PM »
lolol

Saw the photo too.  I wish I could recollect the name of the kind Canadian lad who sat next to me in the convention room.  We had a good time.  I think he drove down with this girlfriend.  He shared his beer with me.  Fine kid.  Now he's 30 something.

Also remember Was giving Jeffer grief over vox, that's Morpheus before he changed his name.  Was a fine time.  Breakfast with Dale, Flossy, and others.  Seeing the new damage models for the first time.  And our wonderful WW2 veteran who flew the Fairey Swordfish during the war if I'm remembering correctly -- a fine British gentleman.
The Canadian with his girlfriend was Loser111.

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2015, 10:53:41 AM »
I still have my name tag and the Canadian coins that loser gave me at the indy convention, and somewhere I have a bunch of pics of all the silly stuff even when I got the cops called on me singing Hank Williams songs at 3am, LOl

salute
dmdchief/ab8aac

oh and btw I am still using the ch fighterstick I won in the door prize drawing
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2015, 05:19:01 PM »
 :aok   :D

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2015, 11:22:52 PM »
Wizz, ty for the kind words.  Getting new players ship-shape and sorted out is something I love to do.  Happens less frequently now.  For me it was some of the 99's who were kind to me.  I'd ask if I could fly along and watch.  Still, took me a year or two to put things together.  Can't forget Relic and the DFA boys.  I was with them for a some time; also Thunder Egg and the 91st.  I remember on the night he lost his Father, he told us the sad news. I started PM'ing squads to just fly along with the guy.  Several showed up.  Not much chatter.  Just company, and when it is the right sort, that is saying something.
:salute Hap!
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2015, 07:16:35 PM »
Hap gets it.  I wish more folks did too :aok

Some of us are just a bit quieter, and prefer to recognize the skills of other players without being boisterous.
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2015, 02:14:00 AM »
Hap  :salute :grin:
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2015, 07:44:10 AM »
Most folks fail to realize but it is all about the people in the game. That is why I am still here. It is my squaddies and the other great folks I have met along the way. They have become true friends and Not hearing their voices from day to day just does not seem right. The game while it has become stale at times pales in comparison to the laughing and fun I have had over the years with the nut balls on here. The game is what we make it and the small society we have created is ours and we decide it's fate and path. The folks here that have stayed I can almost bet stay because where else can you find folks who share the same love and interest in the same thing and talk and share with them on a daily basis. When it's gone I shudder to think of trying to find something remotely close to what we have here...<S> To all of you, each in your own way whether we have talked or flown together has added something very unique in my life and I am all the richer for having such a community in my life! :salute

Very well said,  :salute!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2015, 11:49:42 AM »
 :cheers: :salute