Author Topic: Why All This and the Folks I've Known  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Why All This and the Folks I've Known
« on: May 02, 2015, 06:07:18 PM »
I came over from Air Warrior in 2002 -- there was Wax and all the Hell Gods, and Moto of course; then to the 444th Air Mafia -- Mugzy, Joe, Fryman, and so many I cannot recall, but want to.  Then, well there was the Indy 2002 convention or about that time; met all the HTC guys and Flossy, and ex-brit. 

I'm saying this because it has been grand.  All in all for 15 bucks a month for what ever years it has been.  Lost dear Fish a year or two ago, and Vega, and others.  Salute to my foes and friends.

Thank-You all.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
Re: Why All This and the Folks I've Known
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 06:40:53 PM »
 :salute :salute :salute
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 07:51:14 PM »
Hap gets it.  I wish more folks did too :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 09:36:01 PM »
What I remember about indy the most was being overwhelmed by seeing my first 38, in real life, at dayton's centenial of flight (glacier girl and Porky II) .  It was actually a big deal to me, at 27 or so, to see a machine that i idolized....silly maybe to some but it was.  Another funny thing was how hard it was to say good bye to some of the squad mates id flown with for years, knowing i'd prolly not get a chance to see them again , in person , for god knows .

Hanging at the con, no one thought about kill to death ratio's or stats.... it was about the common interest of warbirds,avation,history and the relationships that had formed from years of knowing each other through a mic, headset and phone. To some of us , this is much more than a "game".
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 09:58:41 PM by 38ruk »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 10:33:01 PM »
I came over from Air Warrior in 2002 -- there was Wax and all the Hell Gods, and Moto of course; then to the 444th Air Mafia -- Mugzy, Joe, Fryman, and so many I cannot recall, but want to.  Then, well there was the Indy 2002 convention or about that time; met all the HTC guys and Flossy, and ex-brit. 

I'm saying this because it has been grand.  All in all for 15 bucks a month for what ever years it has been.  Lost dear Fish a year or two ago, and Vega, and others.  Salute to my foes and friends.

Thank-You all.

Was always fun flying with ya Hap, the "good ol' days!"

MDJOE

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 10:47:50 PM »
 :salute :salute :salute

My 2nd day in AH Hap took myself and 4 other players on a b17 run. He taught me everything i needed to know in one sortie.

Hap is My Jedi Master and  I forever Grass Hap-pa!

Hope to see you in the next version sir  :cheers:

393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 11:10:50 PM »
The Indy Con was 2003 and I made sure I chatted with everyone there and I always wished I could attend another one.   Curval, 38MAW, GhostDancer, Gunns, Octavius, fdski, Wax, AHGOD, Tarmac, Flossy, Seadog, Alpo, DmdBen, LW, loser101, VegasX, Hap, DokGonzo, CanDo, BFD, KOOL, Xbrit, his wife and son and easily 40 others.   

I have the playing cards on my bookcase and a lot of good memories. 

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 02:35:05 AM »
The Indy Con was 2003 and I made sure I chatted with everyone there and I always wished I could attend another one.   Curval, 38MAW, GhostDancer, Gunns, Octavius, fdski, Wax, AHGOD, Tarmac, Flossy, Seadog, Alpo, DmdBen, LW, loser101, VegasX, Hap, DokGonzo, CanDo, BFD, KOOL, Xbrit, his wife and son and easily 40 others.   

I have the playing cards on my bookcase and a lot of good memories. 

I remember slapshot talking with alot of people .... he was all over the place and a blast to hang with, along with T2maw and redmaw lol. I remember Flossy using my pc more than i did the whole con.... there were a ton of other things to do besides fly . I remember meeting you the first night Karaya..... Cant beleve it's been 12 years already . <S>

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 05:38:52 AM »
Huzzah Hap!!!!!!!!!! Fun stuff a wot! <S>
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 06:01:54 PM »
Wax got arrested in Indy, I know it there's photo proof...

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 07:16:01 PM »
Indy was a blast, always good to meet people with a similar interest.
Everyone I met there will always be in my mind, to many to mention
but you guys know who you are. That and the first Dayton get together
are my fondest memories of this game.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 07:20:01 PM »
 :salute Hap .... Always helpful and friendly...even if I'm on the wrong side sometimes...Well most times these days.

Offline M1A1

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 07:25:19 AM »
Most folks fail to realize but it is all about the people in the game. That is why I am still here. It is my squaddies and the other great folks I have met along the way. They have become true friends and Not hearing their voices from day to day just does not seem right. The game while it has become stale at times pales in comparison to the laughing and fun I have had over the years with the nut balls on here. The game is what we make it and the small society we have created is ours and we decide it's fate and path. The folks here that have stayed I can almost bet stay because where else can you find folks who share the same love and interest in the same thing and talk and share with them on a daily basis. When it's gone I shudder to think of trying to find something remotely close to what we have here...<S> To all of you, each in your own way whether we have talked or flown together has added something very unique in my life and I am all the richer for having such a community in my life! :salute

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 08:19:17 AM »
Wax got arrested in Indy, I know it there's photo proof...

lolol

Saw the photo too.  I wish I could recollect the name of the kind Canadian lad who sat next to me in the convention room.  We had a good time.  I think he drove down with this girlfriend.  He shared his beer with me.  Fine kid.  Now he's 30 something.

Also remember Was giving Jeffer grief over vox, that's Morpheus before he changed his name.  Was a fine time.  Breakfast with Dale, Flossy, and others.  Seeing the new damage models for the first time.  And our wonderful WW2 veteran who flew the Fairey Swordfish during the war if I'm remembering correctly -- a fine British gentleman.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 08:24:09 AM »
Was always fun flying with ya Hap, the "good ol' days!"

MDJOE

<S> Joe you too.  I still remember those short stories you wrote.  Very well done, sir.