Author Topic: VE day in Russia  (Read 5873 times)

Offline -aper-

• Nickel Member
Re: VE day in Russia
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2015, 05:54:16 AM »
The thing that kind of irks me is that everyone seems to give russia credit for, and russia seems to try to take credit for, the victory of the soviet union in WWII. Most soviets weren't russian, and certainly most soviet men fighting the war were not russians. It seems unfair to the several other former soviet oblasts and the hundred or so other soviet ethnicities. It's just bad historiography. The west is probably more guilty of using the word russian interchangably with soviet than the russians themselves.

Where did you get this? Any links?

Please, have a look at the table below:

more info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties_of_the_Soviet_Union

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2015, 07:15:45 AM »
How many poles ruskies sacrificed while waiting on the borders of warsaw while the german forces demolished the town entirely - including its inhabitants. Only so Stalin could get rid of the radical citizens  of poland before "liberating" it.

Why would the Soviets defend the Poles who hated them just as much as they hated the Germans?

Its like the US defending the North Koreans if the koreans were fighting China?

Finland surredered to the Soviets because you were allies of the Narzzies, is this why your statement is rather one sided?

I believe the Narzzies (Germans) were not particularly human in regards to civilians.
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2015, 07:55:44 AM »
Why would the Soviets defend the Poles who hated them just as much as they hated the Germans?

You kill or you would like to kill all the people that you hate, right?

...quite the man, we all agree.... :)

Finland surredered to the Soviets because you were allies of the Narzzies, is this why your statement is rather one sided?

Well, we all know that you are bit of a troll and not exactly the sharpest instrument in the shed....but I still want to break it to you....Finland hasn't "surrendered" (that is how it is actually spelt, btw) to anything or anyone during its independent existence. Just a FYI. Obviously needs brain to understand....which...well... and so forth... :)

EDIT/And btw, Zack....google Katyn massacre for starters..../EDIT
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 08:12:56 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2015, 08:26:35 AM »

Why would the russians save the anti soviet poles from the germans?

answer the question?

« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 08:35:41 AM by zack1234 »

The GFC

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2015, 08:40:18 AM »
your another Mr Angry when the truth is stated get abusive .

You haven't provided anything that has any resemblence of a "truth". And I have. So as long as you continue to prove "no truths" you really aren't worth discussing with, nor worth anyone's time.

Katyn massacre for example is a clear fact and has nothing to do with Polish people being "anti-this-or-that". It is just a fact. And anyone with a brain understands that, that is something one should not do. You are obviously in favour of genocides (especially when they are done with someone that happens to be "on your side"). I personally think differently, gladly. Would surely suck to be you.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Perrine

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2015, 11:40:53 AM »
wow...

Anyone here ever seen color footage of (Red Square) Victory parade from 1945?

If you think that was epic in scale, just check out Victory day 2015.
Not even the V-day parades from 1965 until 1990 matched the scale of V-day 1945 until now.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 11:46:26 AM by Perrine »

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2015, 01:36:56 PM »
After access to the soviet archives perspectives evolve: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Clz27nghIg
Pies not kicks.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2015, 01:59:06 PM »
You haven't provided anything that has any resemblence of a "truth". And I have. So as long as you continue to prove "no truths" you really aren't worth discussing with, nor worth anyone's time.

Katyn massacre for example is a clear fact and has nothing to do with Polish people being "anti-this-or-that". It is just a fact. And anyone with a brain understands that, that is something one should not do. You are obviously in favour of genocides (especially when they are done with someone that happens to be "on your side"). I personally think differently, gladly. Would surely suck to be you.

your abusive and arrogant

when have i supported the soviets in my thread?

keep cutting and pasting
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 02:03:08 PM by zack1234 »

The GFC

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2015, 08:13:16 PM »
Sadly, about 20 million people. Which ironically is almost the same amount of people that died by Stalin's regime. Elevating Stalin was a dangerous mistake during and after WWII and I'm proud the UK and the US aren't making the same mistake with Putin.

If any country displayed their objection properly, it was Germany with Merkel not attending the celebration but paying respects at a war memorial in Russia. While I appreciate the sacrifice the individual Russian soldier made, I have no love for their leaders then or now.
Sadly its about 30 million, Stalin killed about 3 million. I challenge you to prove that figure you provided. Soviets killed 3 million Nazis, all other allies combined killed less than half of million. We saved Europe  twice, from Napoleon and Hitler. You welcome dushebags. Besides Soviets only two nations deserve praise ,Britain and USA. WTF Nazi's prostitute  (france) was doing in Berlin as victor is beyond me.
"It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal."-Aristotle

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2015, 08:19:32 PM »
8 million hungry Ukranian souls cry out in protest KgB...
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2015, 08:26:52 PM »
8 million hungry Ukranian souls cry out in protest KgB...
What does it even mean?

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2015, 08:54:47 PM »

Well, we all know that you are bit of a troll and not exactly the sharpest instrument in the shed....but I still want to break it to you....Finland hasn't "surrendered" (that is how it is actually spelt, btw) to anything or anyone during its independent existence. Just a FYI. Obviously needs brain to understand....which...well... and so forth... :)

EDIT/And btw, Zack....google Katyn massacre for starters..../EDIT
Google  Poland invading Russia. Oh I'm sorry, is there a "bad country " time frame?  If so, is it only for Russians?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 09:09:20 PM by KgB »

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2015, 09:23:17 PM »

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2015, 09:26:22 PM »

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2015, 10:46:52 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
How does addition of eastern poland and western Russia to Ukraine feal? Does it compensate for allegedly Russians fault of  8 million  dead? If its not enough, perhaps lliberation of Ukraine from Nazis would suffice? Should i mention that Hitler is one of Ukraines modern heroes ? Now listen ike boy, your discrimination of Russian sitizens in Finland is well known. You willl answer for that, and by God you will pay dearly.