Author Topic: 12 Hours of Epic Combat.  (Read 3378 times)

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: 12 Hours of Epic Combat.
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2015, 11:07:38 AM »
So....questions:  Did the Luftwaffe notice the various confusion tactics we used or was everything so confusing anyway that it was all lost in the maelstrom?

Having worked with Dantoo in the past I knew he had planned every approach and every response we could of made. The first bomb run did catch us out of position and you got a pass on 92.

I did not fall for the mass Spitfire south of Antwerp, although I did send The Fis and JG11 into the fray. Your first run into Atwerp was hit right at the target. Your second run into Antwerp was not met before the target as we launched a silly counter attack for fun.

What did you think when you saw FW-190s over England?

We did have a massive launch at the top of the hour and chased those bombers home and killed them ALL.

First run to Paris..... Beat you up pretty bad.

Then as Beefcake wrote you tunred around. I knew you had time to hit Paris again and I had told 3 Squads to hang back. But, they were all antsy and ready to kill.  So after the big fight we had NO fighters left to defend Paris on that last minute run.

:salute
Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2015, 11:15:45 AM »
I remember that Wiley. It was an epic defense of Bortas after he turned from Paris. Myself and Pollock1 (with me the whole 12 hours) decided we were going to get at least one formation of heavies home. You guys were slick and almost pulled us apart. At one point, I thought you guys had given up and was headed home as fuel was getting critical. We failed to get that group home. Evidently he discoed and was heading over the channel in a direction we just could follow ow our tanks would run dry. Last I saw him he had 2 or 3 German planes finally closing on him and there was nothing we could do.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2015, 11:23:59 AM »
I remember that Wiley. It was an epic defense of Bortas after he turned from Paris. Myself and Pollock1 (with me the whole 12 hours) decided we were going to get at least one formation of heavies home. You guys were slick and almost pulled us apart. At one point, I thought you guys had given up and was headed home as fuel was getting critical. We failed to get that group home. Evidently he discoed and was heading over the channel in a direction we just could follow ow our tanks would run dry. Last I saw him he had 2 or 3 German planes finally closing on him and there was nothing we could do.

Ahh.  When I last saw you guys, I thought we'd all pulled off, but perhaps it was just me and a couple others.  The set of 17s 4.5k behind was a much easier target.  Doesn't surprise me at all that some of us were more persistent and stuck with them.

Definitely the most fun I've ever had in a Scenario.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2015, 11:42:02 AM »
Ahh.  When I last saw you guys, I thought we'd all pulled off, but perhaps it was just me and a couple others.  The set of 17s 4.5k behind was a much easier target.  Doesn't surprise me at all that some of us were more persistent and stuck with them.

Definitely the most fun I've ever had in a Scenario.

Wiley.
It was epic. I had a great time.

I had given up earlier and was headed home. Pollock was still with him and I was offset way right. He said you guys were still trying and I came screaming in from 3oclock from the formation. I pushed the close 190 off and I think that's when you guys gave up and went after the trailer. It might not have been your crew who finally took him down. We just couldn't defend the other set you guys went after. We simply didn't have the fuel to turn back and cover him too. Then Bortas went rouge headed west northwest and we couldn't stay with him anymore.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.