Author Topic: Squad Nose Art  (Read 897 times)

Offline Tazz69

• Zinc Member
Squad Nose Art
« on: May 28, 2015, 10:48:20 AM »
Im not sure if in here is the right place to post this, but I sent an e-mail to support a couple weeks back with no reply. So I'm asking the General Public.
I have recently re-started up my old squad and have used the present nose art that, was approved, for the last couple of years. My issue is that my squaddies are seeing the nose art from the squad I was in before this one (Devil Dogs) and not my new one (LYNX). We have tried removing all Devil Dog nose art from our squad folders, didn't work, We have tried removing entire squad folder, didn't work. It does show the proper nose art on this site under my squad, so I'm assuming that it is still approved. Short of deleting my squad and nose art and starting all over again, I'm not sure how to fix this issue. Everytime a redownload the squad folder, it show my name as CO of the former Devil Dogs squad AND CO of the current 416 LYNX squad. I delete the Devil Dogs one, but still does not show up to anyone else. It's very frustrating, and would appreciate anyones advise.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Squad Nose Art
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 12:23:13 PM »
(snip)
I have recently re-started up my old squad and have used the present nose art that, was approved, for the last couple of years.(snip)

I could be wrong, but everytime that you submit a nose art, it will go through the approval process, regardless if it was already approved in the past (there is no other way to know that they are identical).  The approval process, and nose art updates, do take time (few to several weeks).  If Skuzzy, who has been out sick, and generally taking care of things that are crucial, has a backlog, this may extend the process.

Nose art for squad shows the art that is linked to the "nameID" of the CO of that squad (correct me if I am wrong).  Now if your ID has changed from the last active account, or you submitted different nose art as CO (regardless of squad affiliation), either:

1) your "new" nose art is under review and, will probably take a few weeks for the process to be updated (I don't know how often they have time to refresh this folder and have the time for approvals)

2) or distribute copies of the bmp file to your squad mates and have them replace the current file listed in the squad folder on their computers.  They will be able to see it,  and also will display in film viewer for anyone who has replaced the file.  Anyone who has not replaced the file will still see Devil Dogs or 416 Lynx, until the folder has been updated including your art.

Offline Tazz69

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 03:24:46 PM »
Nothing has changed on my end for a couple years,( Same gameID, same squad name and nose art). Only now am I finding out that the nose art that was approved is not showing to others on my A/C or on theirs. I assume the nose art was approved by Skuzzy since it has been on this site under my squad name for quite awhile, hence my issue, why is no one else seeing it? Would it help to disband the squad and start the re-invites and re-submit the nose art?

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 04:09:05 PM »
Easiest and fastest, as the timing is all in your hands, thing to do is have all other squad members load the new and correct nose art file in their squads folder.
I have a tazz69.bmp in mine, red cross behind black dragon or horse.
Add one file, save the old one if you want but rename it or move it out of the folder, and you don't have to delete anything.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 09:02:42 PM »
my squaddies are seeing the nose art from the squad I was in before this one (Devil Dogs) and not my new one

I am confused, which is it   :headscratch:

Nothing has changed on my end for a couple years,( Same gameID, same squad name and nose art).

If the "new" squad art has been approved as submitted by you, then it "should" be listed and showing in the squad folder on your computer.  Since I can clearly see Tazz69.bmp in the squad folder, it has to have been the last uploaded file that has been approved and "updated" (however long that takes = might be the case). 

Your post makes it sound like this is an old bmp being replaced by an even older bmp.  Is it at all possible that you actually submitted the wrong bmp file?  I can see this occurring very easily without having a picture showing during the submission, only file name.